Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!!! (And a whole lot more) ~ Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was checking out some sites about cancelling Disney World vacation (I cancelled mine old one and when the refund came it was short $1000, but thats because the card that $1000 came from was cancelled, so this is getting fixed) I came across this:

http://allears.net/acc/resort.htm

I think this is why the CM experiences vary so much. It basically say's there are 2 sets of CM's in the same office. 1 set works for the Central Reservations Office (CRO) (this is where CM's start off so these are your less expierenced CM's) and the other set works for the Walt Disney Travel Company (WDTC) (nearly every CM that works in this group started in CRO but also received much more training to be able to move on to WDTC).

Just thought it was an interesting article that others might like to take a look at to get a little more insight on the world of the CM.

However don't forget that if they are JUST tall enough that depending on the individual CM and measuring stick sometimes they will qualify and sometimes they won't, even on the same ride. Prepare them for the what ifs. There have been lots of threads of "my kid measured 40 at home but not at Disney" or "one CM let him go with just touching the bar but another said he had to be above the line".

Oh, I always HAVE to prepare my kids for the "what-ifs", I have a son on the autism spectrum after all! :)

I'm at 71 today

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

71 days left!!!!!

ME FOUR!!!

And to make it even sweeter, we just got FD for a good portion of our trip, switching over to CSR! We have a separate CSR RO on 10/18, CSR FD 10/19-10/25 - hoping to link the reservations so we can keep our room, then we switch to RO at POR for our last 2 nights (because DS is obsessed with the POFQ pool slide, DD loves her Princess and the Frog, so why not!) !! So excited, it works out so well with our plans and we now get to try out CSR too!!! We are coming in like $200 under our projected budget, so even better! We have a rental car for 10/18-10/25, so location at CSR doesn't really matter to us. Now the insanity and stalking for FD can stop! :lmao:

Keep trying if you haven't gotten FD, don't give up!!! :hug:

ME FOUR!!!

And to make it even sweeter, we just got FD for a good portion of our trip, switching over to CSR! We have a separate CSR RO on 10/18, CSR FD 10/19-10/25 - hoping to link the reservations so we can keep our room, then we switch to RO at POR for our last 2 nights (because DS is obsessed with the POFQ pool slide, DD loves her Princess and the Frog, so why not!) !! So excited, it works out so well with our plans and we now get to try out CSR too!!! We are coming in like $200 under our projected budget, so even better! We have a rental car for 10/18-10/25, so location at CSR doesn't really matter to us. Now the insanity and stalking for FD can stop! :lmao:

Keep trying if you haven't gotten FD, don't give up!!! :hug:

:woohoo: Congrats on your free dining!

I'm at 72 days so I'm right behind you all ;)

94 days here. And my knee surgery is in a week I need pixie dust

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: I hope everything goes ok! Don't stress too much. We'd been planning and saving for this trip for 3 years and in May....surprise :sick: open abdominal surgery! :scared1: So it's been a long recovery to get back to my "Disney" shape. But I'm doing good. So my thoughts are with you and I'm sure it will all be fine :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

81 days here! I know as soon as school goes back, the time will pass much faster. lol. Our kids don't know yet, keeping this surprise is killing me. We plan to tell them on Sweetest Day:wave2:

81 days here! I know as soon as school goes back, the time will pass much faster. lol. Our kids don't know yet, keeping this surprise is killing me. We plan to tell them on Sweetest Day:wave2:

Our daughter does not know either. We are not telling her until we are leaving. Can you imagine a 4 year old knowing? Are we leaving yet, mommy? Are we leaving yet, mommy? That would be too much for us to handle for 54 days. :rotfl2:

72 days here. Paid off the trip awhile ago, still gathering spending money- well food money too since I didn't get FD. :/

93 days left...and getting the food budget together also. No FD for us. Probably packing a suitcase with breakfast cereals and bars and snacks.

93 days left...and getting the food budget together also. No FD for us. Probably packing a suitcase with breakfast cereals and bars and snacks.

We are getting FD and we are still bringing along (or buying once we get there) breakfast/snack items. I prefer a small snack/meal (bagel/toast with PB or oatmeal/nuts) in my room in the morning to taking the time to do a ts or cs breakfast.

My mom has a Kbar and coffee every morning at home and she likes to stick to that routine even when traveling.

As for snacks I have one or two favorites that are not Disney that I prefer to have available.

We will probably bring some stuff with us (bagels/kbars/chex mix/PB/nuts/Via/Splenda) then do a walmart run when we are out shopping on Sat for fresh stuff (dairy/water/fruit/ham).

This is not just a Disney thing but pretty much a choice I make when ever I travel. I find comfort in my usuals and it's often easier and cheaper to bring with than make do with something at the hotel.

OH and 79 days for me as well.

We are getting FD and we are still bringing along (or buying once we get there) breakfast/snack items. I prefer a small snack/meal (bagel/toast with PB or oatmeal/nuts) in my room in the morning to taking the time to do a ts or cs breakfast.

My mom has a Kbar and coffee every morning at home and she likes to stick to that routine even when traveling.

As for snacks I have one or two favorites that are not Disney that I prefer to have available.

We will probably bring some stuff with us (bagels/kbars/chex mix/PB/nuts/Via/Splenda) then do a walmart run when we are out shopping on Sat for fresh stuff (dairy/water/fruit/ham).

This is not just a Disney thing but pretty much a choice I make when ever I travel. I find comfort in my usuals and it's often easier and cheaper to bring with than make do with something at the hotel.

OH and 79 days for me as well.

I do this as well. I just hate to take the time to go shopping as soon as I've arrived on vacation, so I always have snacks that I can make do for a few meals if I need to. I prefer to have a quick, simple breakfast in the room to save time and to get at least a healthy start to the day (unfortunately, it may go straight downhill from there:rotfl2:) I have free dining this time, and for me, two counter service meals is a ton of food, so I will be trying to save some sort of leftover or dessert for breakfasts (LOL, THAT should be nice and healthy!)

Oh, and, 84 days for me :woohoo::woohoo:(I arrive 3 days sooner but go to Universal first.)

We ship a box down UPS with stuff we want/need from here to the resort. Even though we have free dining, I like to have some things in the room to eat, snacks, breakfast items. We also just do carry-ons so we ship down toiletries and such. :goodvibes

How does this work? We will DEF be needing this! My DS4 is JUST at the 42" mark so he will be able to ride just about everything but my DS2 will miss out on a lot! From what I read almost all the rides offer Rider Swap now, but how do you use it? Do you tell the CM at the ride who loads everyone? Also, my oldest will be able to ride twice? Once with the first parent and again with the second parent?

WHen you are going to enter the line, ask the CM for a rider swap. They will (often) ask you which child is staying behind (to ensure you're using it for the right reason :)) and then give you a pass that looks similar to the fast passes. One parent rides first, and then the other (with the pass) can go through the fastpass line with the older kids again. It is AWESOME! I don't think every ride has it, but honestly, we didn't find any problems getting them when needed. Good luck!

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: I hope everything goes ok! Don't stress too much. We'd been planning and saving for this trip for 3 years and in May....surprise :sick: open abdominal surgery! :scared1: So it's been a long recovery to get back to my "Disney" shape. But I'm doing good. So my thoughts are with you and I'm sure it will all be fine :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

I am glad everything went well with your surgery, I hope you have a wonderful time.

We had a trip planned 2 years ago and the day we were leaving, DS was admitted to the hospital for abdominal issues, had his surgery a month later. So this is our make up trip. And he gets to eat WHATEVER he wants. :cool1:

I'm sure packing the food items is the cheapest route. In case you are interested, though, check out GardenGrocer.com. You can order food online and have it delivered to your resort. They will hold it at the bell services (including keeping things cold for you) until you arrive back to your room. There is a delivery fee of $14, and items tend to be a little more expensive than the local grocery store (but not too high). However, the convenience is awesome. We've ordered two and a half cases of water to be delivered...couldn't pack that in our suitcases :). We've used them two times now and have been happy both times.
(We didn't just order water...ordered lots of other snack and breakfast type foods, including fresh fruit, as well. No FD for us, either.)

hippsmom said:
My husband is a police officer too so I get exactly what you are saying. He has never had a problem with taking her out of school, it has always been my hang up, but this year I decided what the heck and we are going! Can't wait!

Not me....I took my daughter out during PSA's last year. I didn't care. She only had to reschedule 1 test so it wasn't a big deal to the school. This year, she'll be in middle school and my son will still be in elementary school. I intend to contact both their teachers and principal when school starts. We can't wait to go either! We have 78 more days....and counting lol
When you have a spouse in law enforcement, you need to take advantage of any quality time you can get. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter