Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!!! (And a whole lot more) ~ Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where was/is this?

Body Wars was a motion simulator attraction in the Wonders of Life pavilion in Future World at Epcot. The pavilion building is still there, between Universe of Energy and Mission: Space, but it is only used for meetings and festival welcome center space now. The attractions (Body Wars, The Making of Me, and Cranium Command) have been gutted.

The pavilion lost its sponsor, MetLife, in 2001, and Disney only opened it during busy holiday periods for several years before closing it for good after the 2006 holiday season.

bookgirl said:
I leave for a 10 day trip with my with my dad and we fly home at 11:30 pm the night before my final payment is due.

My nightmare is that being tired, jetlagged, and probably exhausted by being with my dad (who I love don't get me wrong) that I'll be brain dead the next day and forget. ;)

I don't anticipate any changes to my package and at this point doubt any better deals will come out than what I got.

So thinking that paying off early will be better for my peace of mind.

I would....that way its done and you won't have to worry about. Enjoy the vacation with your dad :)

MomofKatie said:
Body Wars was a motion simulator attraction in the Wonders of Life pavilion in Future World at Epcot. The pavilion building is still there, between Universe of Energy and Mission: Space, but it is only used for meetings and festival welcome center space now. The attractions (Body Wars, The Making of Me, and Cranium Command) have been gutted.

The pavilion lost its sponsor, MetLife, in 2001, and Disney only opened it during busy holiday periods for several years before closing it for good after the 2006 holiday season.

Thanks....I don't remember this one. The last time I was at Disney before last year was 1997.

No disadvantage at all! I just paid our trip off today. My due date wasn't until Sept. 3, but DH wanted me to go ahead and pay it so we can know how much money we "really" have after the sequestration (which has just been shortened to 6 days instead of 11! :yay:). Today has been an expensive day... paid off Disney, had routine work done to my van and paid for our basketball season tickets. Ouch! :rotfl2: Oh well...more Disney rewards on the DV this month. :goodvibes

:dance3: So glad to hear about the cut for sequestration. Do you know if that's for everyone or just your particular situation?

:dance3: So glad to hear about the cut for sequestration. Do you know if that's for everyone or just your particular situation?

Eeek....sequestration. It makes me cringe. I work for the government also, we have narrowly escaped the hit as of now. I hope for both our families the stress ends sooner than later. **hugs**

Yes. This.
My car started overheating, and stranded us on the side of the road- with 2 kids in the 100 degree LA heat... and now my embroidery machine is inexplicably broken. And i was working on Disney shirts tonight haha.

Can I have a do-over of today please?

Lol , how about a just skip it day!

I have had 2 reservations at POFQ and dining res since May for the week of Thanksgiving. Trying really hard to change to POR. If I make the reservation online and call to cancel other, will dining reservations be lost?
Last night I saw an opening and while on hold it disappeared. Thank you

Whoops- she is right. It's 40 inches!! Maybe she will be tall enough!

Well i measured. My Gidget is only 38 1/2 inches barefoot. : (. Guess she will have to go the next time around, and DH and I will have to fight to see who gets to go with the boys!

Quick question. We arrive Nov 17th and I know the Christmas decorations will be up in MK due to the parties but will the Osborne lights in HS & decorations in EPCOT be up yet?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Quick question. We arrive Nov 17th and I know the Christmas decorations will be up in MK due to the parties but will the Osborne lights in HS & decorations in EPCOT be up yet?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I've been told the Osborne lights are scheduled to be up by Nov. 8th. :). We arrive the 16th so I was wondering about that too!

Well i measured. My Gidget is only 38 1/2 inches barefoot. : (. Guess she will have to go the next time around, and DH and I will have to fight to see who gets to go with the boys!

I wouldn't give up hope quite yet - she could easily grow another 1/2 inch in the next three months, and most children's shoes will add an inch.

One year, we made a "Disney Stick" for our son with the top bar at 40" - a one by two from Home Depot with the top bar screwed at the 40" mark so it looked like an upside down L

Every morning, he would practice standing up straight trying to get the top of his head to hit the stick.

By the time we got to DW, he could do what the CM's called a "Head Butt" - the top of his head would just touch the measure bar and they'd let him thru.

Make sure you ask about rider swap. It acts like a fast pass so that let's say your husband took the boys on the ride first, you would then use the Rider swap to go on afterwards and it's good for up to three people so the boys could conceivably go again. My oldest LOVED that when our youngest was too young to ride :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter