Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am 17 pages behind so I hope someone can help me out.

From glancing quickly at the thread, it appears that PH is going to be required for FD. We always buy the PH so not a big deal there. Is it a 6 night minimum requirement? And what are the latest rumored dates that this will go live? Also, any new rumors about when/if DV will book before GP or is it now speculated that it will happen on the same day? Can everything be booked/modified online instead of calling in? If DV is booking first, is it still via telephone (as opposed to online)? And last, if planning on staying at CBR, is there a required room level that has to be booked (ie, standard, , garden, preferred, etc.)?

TIA for your help :)
The banner ad someone saw (most likely a mistake that it was shown online) had a night requirement, but there are no other rumors that say anything about DV and GP releases and what can and cannot be booked online, or room level requirements. Just speculations. Just because someone saw the banner ad doesn't mean that it will be released in the next few days either, it could be weeks or days. So, there's not much more to go on as far as solid release dates and what it will require to receive FD. Hope that helps a little!

I have been watching this thread for 3 days now. I am anxiously awaiting an announcement. We are already booked for November 12-19 at Coronado. I found something a little odd. I went into Disney website and looked up Coronado for our dates to see how much a water view or preferred room was in case we had to upgrade to get free dining. There were no preferred, water view or anything other than standard and junior suite. Does this seem odd to anyone else? Could that resort be all booked up already?

I have been watching this thread for 3 days now. I am anxiously awaiting an announcement. We are already booked for November 12-19 at Coronado. I found something a little odd. I went into Disney website and looked up Coronado for our dates to see how much a water view or preferred room was in case we had to upgrade to get free dining. There were no preferred, water view or anything other than standard and junior suite. Does this seem odd to anyone else? Could that resort be all booked up already?
When I looked at CBR and POR for the 14-21st of November I saw the opposite, no standard or suite available. We're booked in a standard already. But, it changes daily...so not sure if you can rely on their site for what is and what isn't available!

Who wants to post a recap of everything and see how long it takes for a new person to come on and ask a repeated question because there are too many pages to file back through? :P Sorry I think it's funny as the pages keep building each time I walk away.
Can't wait until Monday (well I hope Monday) so that everyone has the facts and can get some sleep.
popcorn::

I have some questions that hopefully someone on here can help me with.

1. Can I book more than one room with my DV card? I was hoping to book 3. One for my family, one for my parents, and one for a friend's family.

2. If I can do this, do I get separate reservation numbers? I am just wondering how all this would work with My Disney Experience or if one room needs to be cancelled later. Are all the rooms in my name or can I put who is staying in each room.

3. Can the balances be paid off with a different card? I don't mind putting the deposit down for my friend, but she will need to pay the balance with her own card! :-)

Thanks for any help with this. I want to be prepared in case it is released on Monday for DV card holders. Thanks again!!

When I looked at CBR and POR for the 14-21st of November I saw the opposite, no standard or suite available. We're booked in a standard already. But, it changes daily...so not sure if you can rely on their site for what is and what isn't available!
When I booked my TA told me there were no preferred available, which she thought was a little odd. Wonder if they are holding some preferred and water view back and forcing free dining people to book those. That is what happened to us two years ago when booking POFQ, only water and garden view and I think preferred were available.

Told my DH that I'm glad I'm no a travel agent because Vacation is sacred stuff. And I would not want to be the blame (real or imagined) for someone to not get what they wanted for a vacation. I'm sure TA's have good times too but God bless you as for me that one oops can be so frustrating.

I thought about calling a Disney TA but as someone else posted the other day, I can't give up control of my vacation plans. The last time I did a TA she was upset that I wanted control over when my ADRs were scheduled. Ya no let the decision be mine so when I am running I'm not cursing you. LOL

pixiedust: to all you TA's out there with your ramped up busy times a coming.

The Ta I use only books the package. I book everything else. She will be the one that will make the switch for me to FD when it comes out. I can't give up the control either. I am glad she doesn't get mad that I do everything else.

1. Can I book more than one room with my DV card? I was hoping to book 3. One for my family, one for my parents, and one for a friend's family.

2. If I can do this, do I get separate reservation numbers? I am just wondering how all this would work with My Disney Experience or if one room needs to be cancelled later. Are all the rooms in my name or can I put who is staying in each room.

3. Can the balances be paid off with a different card? I don't mind putting the deposit down for my friend, but she will need to pay the balance with her own card! :-)

Thanks for any help with this. I want to be prepared in case it is released on Monday for DV card holders. Thanks again!!
1. Yes but they have to be in separate names I believe
2. yes separate number for each ressie
3. yes balances can be paid off using different payment method than original

someone please correct me if i am wrong, but I have done this in the past

1) I believe the answer is yes.
2) not sure about this but got all excited about the potential Rewards points you can get for the 3 vacations packages if they were paid on your DV. It's like a little TA fee. LOL
3) yes only the deposit has to be paid with DV.

If there any conventions going on there, Disney may hold a block of rooms back for that, so that might be why you're not seeing anything.

1. Yes but they have to be in separate names I believe
2. yes separate number for each ressie
3. yes balances can be paid off using different payment method than original

someone please correct me if i am wrong, but I have done this in the past

So I could use a friends Disney Visa even if they aren't going?

What would the price difference be if you stuck with a value resort package and just did quick service?
I have ran theses numbers so many times my head is spinning. We just can't figure out what to do. We have some must do TS and for 6 if I add them it's more than we would pay to upgrade. It's killing me because Disney has us. It's still going to cost the same but I'd have hoppers and the dining plan and not need to watch spending. I don't need hoppers, but the flexibility of ADRS not locking us in to what park to go to sounds tempting. I know we will end up booking FD and moving resorts, because we were only planning 5 TS our entire 10days, and now we would have 10, plus having 3 teenagers, I'm sure they would like hoppers......I'm just sad we won't be saving money, but we will be getting more I guess.

1) I beleive that you can book up to 3 rooms if memory serves.
2) You will get a separate reservation number for each room that can be linked together. We did this when we stayed at POP and had separate reservation numbers that were linked and guaranteed connecting rooms. I believe that you will be the contact person for each room, but they should ask you who will be in each one as you need to supply all of the names in your party.
3) All you need to do is put down $200 per room and the rest can be paid with any other form of payment. We do giftcards to get bonus points for gas, and cash back.

So I could use a friends Disney Visa even if they aren't going?
Interesting question.
I would imagine that your friend could call and book it for you, as a gift, but I'm not sure how that works for you to just use her card. That sounds weird to me. Kind of like me using your friends card. How does Disney know you have permission?

But that is just me thinking. I have no idea. I imagine it's like a TA calling with your card number.

I have ran theses numbers so many times my head is spinning. We just can't figure out what to do. We have some must do TS and for 6 if I add them it's more than we would pay to upgrade. It's killing me because Disney has us. It's still going to cost the same but I'd have hoppers and the dining plan and not need to watch spending. I don't need hoppers, but the flexibility of ADRS not locking us in to what park to go to sounds tempting. I know we will end up booking FD and moving resorts, because we were only planning 5 TS our entire 10days, and now we would have 10, plus having 3 teenagers, I'm sure they would like hoppers......I'm just sad we won't be saving money, but we will be getting more I guess.
GO for it!!!!
I laughed out loud really about the 3 teenagers. Yes they will. And if you are at the resorts there is flexibility of early bird parts of the group and meet you there later members of the group, and you have access to Extra magic hours. And depending when you go if the crowds are higher than expected, Disney does add surprise EMHs at times. They added hours until 2am one time when I was there with my 14 year old son.
(Pout he is 21 now)

You were going to spend the money anyway. Relax and enjoy! I'm getting old and unfortunately learning that in life there is no saving money. If you don't spend it here, you'll end up spending it on something else you hadn't planned for. This winter killed me with the Massachusetts storms.

BTW, I like your AVATAR Mickey Head. Our Family Autism Resource center is doing their annual walk for awareness tomorrow.

It 7 pages behind so I hope someone can help me out.

From glancing quickly at the thread, it appears that PH is going to be required for FD. We always buy the PH so not a big deal there. Is it a 6 night minimum requirement? And what are the latest rumored dates that this will go live? Also, any new rumors about when/if DV will book before GP or is it now speculated that it will happen on the same day? Can everything be booked/modified online instead of calling in? If DV is booking first, is it still via telephone (as opposed to online)? And last, if planning on staying at CBR, is there a required room level that has to be booked (ie, standard, , garden, preferred, etc.)?

TIA for your help :)

1. The 6 night minimum requirement isn't anything yet, not even a solid rumor.

2. latest rumored release dare is monday for DV holders. there is some worry that that will be the public release date as well

3. DV must be booked over the phone, gp can be modified online.

4. We dont know about any specific room requirements yet, only speculating based on room availability right now.

Joe just posted this on Facebook.

Update: It appears a Disney banner ad showed up for a few folks a bit early. The ad mentions Free Dining with a package that includes a room, and tickets with park hopper option.

Does this mean that park hopper will now be a requirement for Free Dining, or is this merely an example? I suppose we'll all find out soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter