Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new here! Great info!! We're going Nov 10-18 and soooo hoping for FD. I already have my room booked so I'd have to change my ressie when FD comes out. I'm from Canada and the thought of being on hold for hours on my cell phone on an international call scares me so I'm hoping to rebook online to include FD and then cancel my existing ressie. Will this be a problem? Do I HAVE to do it over the phone? Thanks in advance!

That shouldnt be a problem. Only thing I would be concerned about is the traffic to the site will be extremley high that morning, to the point that it is likley it will goof on you from what I've read and heard.

Was it always a 6 night minimum to get free dining. I don't recall that in previous years. If that's the case we are out this year. Just can't do a 6th night due to scheduling

Would it be cheaper for you to book/pay for a 6th night (if it's required) even if you won't be there, just to take advantage of the FD? Maybe worth running the numbers??? Just a thought...

New here. I've been lurking for all 192 pages (and what seems to be the same questions over and over and over... :tongue:) and decided to finally join in the conversation. We are planning on going in September, really hoping for free dining, and have not decided if we will stay at a value with an upgraded plan or a moderate. The numbers are fairly close depending on the room type available. I am getting excited and anxious for it to be released!

:welcome: To the conversation and the Disboards! Good luck with your quest for Free Dining!

Was it always a 6 night minimum to get free dining. I don't recall that in previous years. If that's the case we are out this year. Just can't do a 6th night due to scheduling

I would not worry about that. Disney uses example bookings for pricing the typical Disney vacation.

That shouldnt be a problem. Only thing I would be concerned about is the traffic to the site will be extremley high that morning, to the point that it is likley it will goof on you from what I've read and heard.

I guess there's always that chance. Then I'll have no choice but to phone. I'll try to do it online first and hope for the best!

Just a note: for those who book and go to Disney this year, if there is even the teeny, tiniest thought that you might want to go back within a year or so, please call x8844 while you are there this year and check on the bounce back offered. It saves a lot of stress the following year waiting for special offers to be announced!! And, you know what you're getting. Having done this the past 4 years I know it brings a lot of peace when all the Rumors start flying around!!

They really upped the ante if the banner is correct. We're only going for 4 nights and we already have Annual Passes but I was going to buy the 4 day PH for the FD and not use it but just apply it to my AP renewal.. At this point AP discounted R/O and 4 day base w/ standard dining plan is going to be 350+ dollars cheaper than two 6 day PH to get the FD if the banner holds true, and I can't justify that.

qc2aakm.png

Would it be cheaper for you to book/pay for a 6th night (if it's required) even if you won't be there, just to take advantage of the FD? Maybe worth running the numbers??? Just a thought...

Didn't think of that. Probably couldn't talk DH into that just on principle. We went last year in sept/oct so this was going to be "xtra" we usually go every other year.
Though I do all the planning and just give him the bottom line so .....

The 2 water park visits, 2 putt putt admissions, 2 DQ admissions, and some coupons. It could have changed recently but that's an overview. Nothing we ever used.

do they have any restrictions? ... just going with one other person ... so would have one free day at the waterpark?

Just checking, I'm planning on booking 12 nights. If I need to change that to 11 nights, will I be able to drop a day and keep the same package or will I have to rebook, therefore possibly limiting my resort options?

If it means anything to anyone, usually companies create quite a few banner ads with different details listed (oten also changing graphics, colors and text). They run all the ads and see which perform better and adjust their ads and who is seeing what based on clicks and purchases from the link. It's standard in online marketing/ads. So, until we hear for sure it has to be six nights/seven days...don't get too set on that being the case :)

Sounds Good. Sorry to be the messenger of possible bad news :sad1:

Haha no problem! Better that I'm prepared ahead of time. I've never had to plan a trip as much as this trip to WDW! We've done DLR lots of times but that's a piece of cake compared to WDW! This is a great board. So much helpful info!

Just a note: for those who book and go to Disney this year, if there is even the teeny, tiniest thought that you might want to go back within a year or so, please call x8844 while you are there this year and check on the bounce back offered. It saves a lot of stress the following year waiting for special offers to be announced!! And, you know what you're getting. Having done this the past 4 years I know it brings a lot of peace when all the Rumors start flying around!!

Very good advice (even though it didn't work in our favor this year). We booked a BB w/ FD when we were there this past October. We chose a time in September when we THOUGHT we might be able to swing it, however, due to our kids' schedules we had to rebook for a later date in October and unfortunately lost the FD because it was outside the FD dates (but did secure 30% off). At this point, we'd rather have the FD so keeping our fingers crossed that everything works out. We will still book a BB on this upcoming trip because it would indeed save a ton of time and worry if the dates happened to work out next time!!

Just checking, I'm planning on booking 12 nights. If I need to change that to 11 nights, will I be able to drop a day and keep the same package or will I have to rebook, therefore possibly limiting my resort options?

No. You shouldn't have any problems. You can go online and Modify your Res. Ive done it 3 times now already with no problem lol. It only changes what you want it to change (if that makes sense). You dont have to cancel your Res to Modify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter