Free Dining Extension ~ Oct-Dec

Do all your travel dates have to fall within the free dining or just a couple?? Of course my travel dates would fall in between the dates of free dining!!!
Thanks for your help

FD is based solely on your check in date. No other dates matter. As long as you check in on a covered date, you are eligible to receive free dining for up to 14 nights.

Yes, if the FD offer dates are what they have been rumored to be when the offer is officially released, then your check in date of Nov 23 would qualify you for the FD discount for the length of your stay (up to 14 days). As has been mentioned before, it's a good idea to have a back up resort/room category in mind in case the one you want has already sold out for the FD offer. If you call in early on the 1st day of the offer, you can sometimes get a CM who is not up to date on the available offers and will tell you there is no FD offer. Don't take that 'no' for an answer. Ask them to check again, ask their supervisor, whatever so you don't have to call back and wait in the telephone queue again. Good luck!! :wizard:
Thank you for all the great info!! Will be on the phone 7:00am on the 29th!

Okay complex question for a friend. She has a trip booked in sept with free dining. She used a lot of gift cards to pay for it and her final payment is due tomorrow. She would like to switch to November if and when the extension for free dining comes out. So if she re books later how will they handle the gift cards? Will they just take the full amount and put it toward the new package or will they have to credit each card back and do it all over.

Okay complex question for a friend. She has a trip booked in sept with free dining. She used a lot of gift cards to pay for it and her final payment is due tomorrow. She would like to switch to November if and when the extension for free dining comes out. So if she re books later how will they handle the gift cards? Will they just take the full amount and put it toward the new package or will they have to credit each card back and do it all over.

Moving dates will just be a modification to her existing package. The money paid should not be affected.

It would just transfer...but...if she's within 45 days she will be charged for the change more than likely. (Depending on the value/amount - up to $200 I believe )

It would just transfer...but...if she's within 45 days she will be charged for the change more than likely. (Depending on the value/amount - up to $200 I believe )

She will not be charged just to change dates. Only if she downgrades her package.

If you cancel within 45 days, there is a $200 fee.
If there is a downgrade in package cost within 45 days, there is a $50 fee.
If you change your dates and the package stays the same, there is no fee.

Thanks for the info. It would actually be an upgrade (from value to moderate) so more money. I have done the same within 45 days and was not charged. She is just worried because it was paid for with gift cards.

Thanks for the info. It would actually be an upgrade (from value to moderate) so more money. I have done the same within 45 days and was not charged. She is just worried because it was paid for with gift cards.

Gift cards shouldn't be an issue. I had mine transfer without a problem. :)

Any gift cards used for trip payments should always be kept until the trip is complete, even if they have a zero balance left on them. If something happens and the trip needs to be cancelled, they will refund to the original form of payment.

We currently do not have a disney visa card but my parents do. They ususally travel with us but are not at this time. Would we be able to apply the free dining for November to our reservation if we use their card to make a payment?

Thanks so much.

(sory if this has been asked) Any leaked dates for room only discount?

We currently do not have a disney visa card but my parents do. They ususally travel with us but are not at this time. Would we be able to apply the free dining for November to our reservation if we use their card to make a payment?

Thanks so much.

Yes. :)

So I guess if I am flying in on Oct 15th and out on Oct 22 I'm SOL????

Well, if you mean free dining...you could do a split stay. Do a reservation for the 15-17, check out, check back in for the 18th-22nd and then have free dining for those days. I've never done it, but others on here have. If you have more questions just ask and someone will answer :)

Anybody have a suggestion for a back up resort preference for POP? Surely I'll be ok since I don't need a preferred room anyway. However, I don't know if All star movies or all star music would be better. I lean toward music since we stayed at all star movies last time. It was great, but seeing another resort would be preferred (I think!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter