Free Dining Extension ~ Oct-Dec

black562

DIS Veteran
Free dining will be extended beyond September. Bookings for these dates will begin August 1. The dates are below:

September 29 - October 2
October 18 - November 2
November 11 - November 23
December 12 - December 22

As usual, certain room types are excluded, such as campsites at Ft. Wilderness, 3-bedroom villas, and the Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation. A 3 night minimum stay (14 night maximum) and two day minimum park ticket is required for each person in the party.

Disney Value Resorts ~ Quick Service Dining Plan Included
(can be upgraded to regular plan)
All-Star Movies Resort
All-Star Music Resort
All-Star Sports Resort
Pop Century Resort
Art of Animation Resort (excluding Little Mermaid rooms)

Moderate Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included
Carribean Beach Resort
Coronado Springs Resort
Port Orleans Resort French Quarter and Riverside

Deluxe Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
BoardWalk Inn
Contemporary Resort
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Polynesian Resort
Wilderness Lodge

Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included
Bay Lake Tower
Animal Kingdom Villas
Beach Club Villas
BoardWalk Villas
Old Key West Resort
Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
The Villas at Disneys Wilderness Lodge
Fort Wilderness Cabins

Good vibes everyone!!!

So glad to hear possible plans of the extension :). We want to check in on September 28th so we get a good week of F&W as well as letting the kids enjoy the Halloween party. Thanks for posting :)

Thanks Joe, I'm really glad to hear the leaks that it should go public.
Disney seems to have forgotten to give me a Pin code this year and we are hoping to check in Nov 21st.
We really do appreicate all that you and Danny do to keep us as informed as possible.
I've got my Visa on standby and I'm ready to book once it opens up.
Thanks again, you made my day.

Is it time to give up hope for free dining in late Aug? I didn't win the PIN lottery. We did opt to pay for the QS dining package. The Jury is out whether it makes financial sense, however it does make for a less stress vacation not having to worry about spending too much or skimping.

Is it time to give up hope for free dining in late Aug? I didn't win the PIN lottery. We did opt to pay for the QS dining package. The Jury is out whether it makes financial sense, however it does make for a less stress vacation not having to worry about spending too much or skimping.

I think your best bet is to hope really hard for a PIN code.

Do you think other dates will be added to the oct-dec dates or just the same ones that are on the current pin code ?? Thanks so much for the info

This gives me some hope! I think my girls ask me everyday if we are going back to Disney and my husband, that tolerates our obsession, has started to ask if I have heard anything about free dining. Maybe he is secretly coming over from the dark side! :rotfl: Free dining saves us $1000 at least and that means we can afford to go.:cool1:

Do you think other dates will be added to the oct-dec dates or just the same ones that are on the current pin code ?? Thanks so much for the info

Anything is possible, but not as likely. Also, if a certain date range sells well on the PIN, they would pull that from the public offer.

Don't forget too, that you can check in on the last day of the offer and continue your trip up to 14 days beyond that.

As you know, many people have received PIN codes since early May that have covered dates of: August 25- October 2, October 18-October 31, November 11-November 23, November 30-December 4, and December 15-22. While many have taken advantage of this, many more wonder when or if this is going public.

Sources tell me that an extension of the free dining promotion past the September dates could be announced as early as July. Most, if not all, of these date ranges from the PIN codes should be included, depending on availability and how well the PIN code offers sell.

Thanks for the information :). Any hints for RO discounts in addition to FD for December?

As you know, many people have received PIN codes since early May that have covered dates of: August 25- October 2, October 18-October 31, November 11-November 23, November 30-December 4, and December 15-22. While many have taken advantage of this, many more wonder when or if this is going public.

Sources tell me that an extension of the free dining promotion past the September dates could be announced as early as July. Most, if not all, of these date ranges from the PIN codes should be included, depending on availability and how well the PIN code offers sell.

Remember that the free dining offer for September expires on July 31st, and in the past, October-December offers have been released as late as August 3. While still too early to nail down an exact date, things are starting to come a bit more into focus.

These sources are quite good, and the same ones I got the September Free Dining, as well as the August-September Room Only Discounts that nobody else on the Dis even mentioned (and brought lots of relief to many late-August travelers as well).

Let me also make a word of caution concerning leaks.

1. These promo leaks, while helpful on the nerves, don't actually get anyone a deal any sooner. In the end, you still have to call in on the day it's released and wait on hold right along with people who just found out that very morning. So again, the leaks sure do settle the nerves, but they don't get anyone any special privileges, nor do they get you in the door any quicker.

2. I never ever advise anyone to make any non-refundable plans based on a leak. To date, there has been NO LEAK that hasn't had mistakes. Take for example the September free dining, where the Little Mermaid rooms were said to be included...they were not. Similar mistakes have happened with EVERY leak in the past, from misquoted date ranges, to rooms said to be included, but were not. Which is why I always say, don't bet the farm until the announcement is official.

I will keep everyone updated as things become more and more clear. I will tell any information I receive, as I receive it, even if it's bits and pieces of partial information. I have no plans of making anyone wait this out, not even for a minute....because I know how nerve racking this is for everyone.

As June progresses, we'll hear more...in the meantime, you may very well receive that elusive PIN code, as they are still being sent out.

Good vibes everyone!!!

Great news- thank you for the update - hoping that our arrival date of oct 5 will be added :)

Thanks Joe! Waiting and hoping. My dates fit. Into current pin dates quite well, but my luck it will likely be one if the sets of dates that is pulled due to high sales. Guess we won't know for sure until early August though. Waiting as always!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been patiently (okay maybe not so patiently) waiting for a PIN code for our December dates (12/1-12/8). This news gives me hope!

Thanks Joe, I'm really glad to hear the leaks that it should go public.
Disney seems to have forgotten to give me a Pin code this year and we are hoping to check in Nov 21st.
We really do appreicate all that you and Danny do to keep us as informed as possible.
I've got my Visa on standby and I'm ready to book once it opens up.
Thanks again, you made my day.

Hi Tinker Pam--they seem to have forgotten us too but seem to have remembered our entire extended family. Of course we are the only ones planning to go. We are also checking in on the 21st. I hope we get some free dining as three of our children are Disney adults.

This just made my morning! Thanks for sharing the information! :cheer2:

*subscribing*
Sounds promising! My dates (dec. 3rd-18th) are set, flight and rental car is booked. Since I have an AP all there's left to do is book a room at a value resort.
If free dining is available during my dates, I will take it with the miminum ticket days required to get the offer. If not, I'll book an already discounted room through expedia Germany. So I won't loose anything if I wait. But it just feels so much better to be finally all booked. So come on october-december offers :coffee:
Thanks OP for the heads up :thumbsup2

Last year (if not the year prior as well) late August was not available under FD.

My guess is that it's a very popular time for those coming from the NE, where classes don't start until after Labor Day.

Last year (if not the year prior as well) late August was not available under FD.

My guess is that it's a very popular time for those coming from the NE, where classes don't start until after Labor Day.

Actually last years dates were Aug 25-Sept 29.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!