Free Dining Extension ~ Oct-Dec

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by black562, Jun 10, 2013.

1. sunset7132

sunset7132 DIS Veteran

Where's the ne thread link ?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. jedijuhl

jedijuhl Mouseketeer

One more question: so these FD dates are suppose to be released on Aug 1. Since I'm on the west coast does that mean I should call 9pm on July 31 (midnight east coast time)? Or is that a little tooooo obsessive ;)

4. ALD85

ALD85 DIS Veteran

Phones open 7 am eastern time.

5. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

6. Guatemommy

Guatemommy Mouseketeer

If I book a room now for 11/1-11/6 and then they announce free dining, can you just call and change you ressie? Really hoping for free dining - the only way we can afford this trip.

7. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

You can, or you can just wait until the deal goes live. Either way, you will have to call them that day and it will still depend on resort availability in that moment. Booking a room now does not guarantee FD. Good luck! :goodvibes

8. kyskeeter

kyskeeter Earning My Ears

We are staying at Shades of green. Can we get the free dinning?

WDW VIRGINS GOING FIRST WEEK OF OCT 2013

9. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

Unfortunately, no. Are you willing to change resorts?

10. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

No. Shades of Green is not part of the promotion. Please read the first message of this thread for details as to dates and resorts.

11. imabeimabe

imabeimabe Mouseketeer

Are preferred rooms usually available with free dining?

12. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

There are usually a mix of all room types for the most part. Which resort are you wanting?

13. imabeimabe

imabeimabe Mouseketeer

I'm currently booked at POFQ Oct. 19-25. I'm afraid POFQ might not be available so I'm thinking a preferred room would be the next best thing. Which resort would be the most convenient?

14. Mom22girls56

Mom22girls56 Mouseketeer

We are currently booked at AoA in a little mermaid room. Should I go ahead and upgrade to a moderate resort or wait till Disney officially releases the FD dates?

15. plutospalforever

plutospalforever Statler & Waldorf

Whatever you are most comfortable with, but would suggest waiting till the official release. One, it would avoid an additional phone call. Two, may have to end up changing again on release day to get a FD room, and three, if for some reason FD is not released, would hate to have you lose out on those way too cute LM rooms. : )

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

16. sunset7132

sunset7132 DIS Veteran

17. kddisney502

kddisney502 <font color=blue>P: What's the problem with Goofy?

I'm not sure what you mean by convenient. But if you can't get POFQ, POR is another good choice and usually has lots of room options since it is a bigger resort. The resorts are sister resorts so they're similar and easy to travel back and forth between the two.

18. ALD85

ALD85 DIS Veteran

If you can't get POFQ I HIGHLY recommend POR! In fact, I gave up a FD offer a few weeks back for POR. If for some reason I couldn't get FD at POR with this GP offer ( highly unlikely) them I'd give up FD again. That's how much I love POR! Like a pp said, they are sister resorts so you can always walk over!

19. JenniD44

JenniD44 Mouseketeer

We were originally going to go over Thanksgiving, so arriving on Nov 23 and I moved it back to the 30th. Now it seems if we had kept Thanksgiving week we would have free had dining. Free dining for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but not the low crowd first week of December. Makes no sense.

I do have a lot more of this thread to read to catch up, so maybe this has been addressed.

20. maurihart

maurihart Mouseketeer

I think my life was less complicated before the idea of free dining came along. We are booked at POR for Oct 14-19. This is not during free dining. I have been fine with this for a while because a) kids will miss less school due to Columbus Day and b) everything is booked and decided on and EASY. After I told DH about the possibility of free dining coming for the week after we have booked he said "YES! Let's switch!" Apparently it's better for his schedule to go OCt 21-26th anyway so I thought, ok, cool. I started booking some ADR's for that week (going quite well I might add) and started getting my head wrapped around the change in schedule. Here's my question - as a family of 5 we need to have POR as a mod resort, if I can't book there on August 1 (I do not have a DV so will have to wait) what should my second choice be? AoA seems fun but I won't save a single penny going that route and may actually end up spending a little more. Will any other deluxe resorts open up more rooms? I'm so confused about how it all works and I hate waiting. I think I'm driving myself crazy thinking about it! I could just keep what I have, but I think DH really wants to switch weeks now. IF they run out of FD availability do they still have rooms available at normal rackrate/no FD?

21. dizzyr

dizzyr DIS Veteran

I have a couple of questions :)

1. Why does everyone think that they will run out of rooms the first day? The sept free dining is still available and its been up for awhile. I'm assuming its just panic but in case there's something I don't know I want to be prepared.

2. Instead of calling can you book online? If so what time would it be active? Midnight on the 1st? Time zone?

3. If you have an existing reservation are you able to edit it online?

Thanks!