Free Dining Extension ~ Oct-Dec

Yep, if there has not been a leak or a rumor, it has been someone who has called asking and they spread the word. However, in most cases there has been a leak or a strong rumor that will lead everyone to call that particular day. Even if there is a leak, it is never 100% guaranteed, so we are all on here first thing on the rumored opening day, just to make sure it is for real. : )

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Behave yourself Pluto...

Persistence....that's how I got FD for our trip in October.

I was one of the lucky ones who had FD offered to me for Oct without a PIN but I would have had to switch resorts and that is no bueno. So I need my second chance!! Ahhhh, going crazy!!!

ALD85 said:
I was one of the lucky ones who had FD offered to me for Oct without a PIN but I would have had to switch resorts and that is no bueno. So I need my second chance!! Ahhhh, going crazy!!!

Why couldn't you change resorts?? I don't remember everyone's circumstances on here lol

Lol...oh ok...simple enough.
I think for FD I'd change resorts. I didn't have to but I would have if I needed to.

Yeah, I don't NEED FD it would just really help! It's so very important to me to stay at POR. I'd be highly disappointed if I didn't. Besides I didn't even know about FD before Dis (which was after I booked my trip). If be more disappointed with not being at POR than I would if I didn't get FD.

So...I too am dying waiting for "The News". ;). For a family of four, 2 kids, 2 adults, how much will I actually save? We are booked for 8 nights. Just curious. I remember once before that the savings were not exactly equal to the daily costs per person. Is there some weird way they calculate this? :)

ALD85 said:
Yeah, I don't NEED FD it would just really help! It's so very important to me to stay at POR. I'd be highly disappointed if I didn't. Besides I didn't even know about FD before Dis (which was after I booked my trip). If be more disappointed with not being at POR than I would if I didn't get FD.

We were originally booked at POFQ and than we dropped to POP. The only reason we did moderate was because of the queen beds. We saved $600 dropping to a value with double beds. I just need somewhere to shower and sleep. The bed size won't affect that after a long day at the parks. Plus POP has a much better Disney feel to it. We had the DDP too originally and I dropped it to QSDP to save more money olus i dont want to plan dining. I never received any notification for FD but I called and got it, so that was even more savings. We were hoping when we originally booked that we'd get FD and I'm soooo glad we did.

So...I too am dying waiting for "The News". ;). For a family of four, 2 kids, 2 adults, how much will I actually save? We are booked for 8 nights. Just curious. I remember once before that the savings were not exactly equal to the daily costs per person. Is there some weird way they calculate this? :)

Depends on the ages of the kids, are they under 10 or Disney Juniors? If 10+ then they are considered adults.

The savings are realized in how much you spend on food.

We were originally booked at POFQ and than we dropped to POP. The only reason we did moderate was because of the queen beds. We saved $600 dropping to a value with double beds. I just need somewhere to shower and sleep. The bed size won't affect that after a long day at the parks. Plus POP has a much better Disney feel to it. We had the DDP too originally and I dropped it to QSDP to save more money olus i dont want to plan dining. I never received any notification for FD but I called and got it, so that was even more savings. We were hoping when we originally booked that we'd get FD and I'm soooo glad we did.

I wish as a family of 5 we could do a value resort besides a family suite such as Pop. It's less expensive to do POR than a family suite and even though the extra room in a suite is nice I will save the dough and just stay at POR. Last time we stayed there it was beyond hot (June 2011) and our walk from buses to room were so long. Hoping this time to have a shorter walk and temps will be better in Oct. My point is I totally get staying somewhere to save money lol.

Thanks, y'all!!!

It's good to have ppl "in the know" like you awesome disboarders!

When I called last week to check on the fridge situation (b/c DS needs milk!), the CM said they were already ordered and SHOULD be good to go by Nov. She said, "When you call back, because you will...You never know what discounts will come up or..uh..when you make a payment, you can check on their status again and then again closer to the date." I said I hope FD comes about again b/c it would really help make our trip magical. On that call I realized we are going one year to the day of DS's Wish Trip! We are celebrating his bday & mine while there.

I just had déjà vu so if I said all this before, forgive me. :-)

I totally just got excited when I opened my email to find one from Disney Visa titled "Early cardmember access, July 17th!". Buuuuuut it was some discount for the Disney Store. Way to get my hopes up, you sneaky Disney people!

I totally just got excited when I opened my email to find one from Disney Visa titled "Early cardmember access, July 17th!". Buuuuuut it was some discount for the Disney Store. Way to get my hopes up, you sneaky Disney people!

This just happened to me! just about had a heart attack:badpc:

Ok this is my first post ever on a board, so please forgive me if I'm doing it all wrong. I booked my families first ever Disney Vacation for 10/13-10/19 at POP. I am seeing all the buzz about free dining offers and pins? So my first question is : what is a pin code? 2. How do I get one (if i need it!) 3. Will there be a free dining offer for my dates?

Is there any other advice anyone can offer me to save $$! I'm on a tight budget, and it took a lot of scraping and saving to book this trip so any advice helps. Thanks guys

Ok this is my first post ever on a board, so please forgive me if I'm doing it all wrong. I booked my families first ever Disney Vacation for 10/13-10/19 at POP. I am seeing all the buzz about free dining offers and pins? So my first question is : what is a pin code? 2. How do I get one (if i need it!) 3. Will there be a free dining offer for my dates?

Is there any other advice anyone can offer me to save $$! I'm on a tight budget, and it took a lot of scraping and saving to book this trip so any advice helps. Thanks guys

Welcome to the DIS!

A PIN code is a person/address specific discount code (15 digits) that Disney sends out via e-mail and snail mail. No one knows the mystery of who they are sent to. Anyone who has an account with Disney could receive one and it can be used to back up to 3 rooms for people traveling at the same time.

The current Free Dining PIN dates are:

For arrivals most nights 8/25/ to 10/2/13,
10/18 to10/31/13, 11/11/to 11/23/13,
11/30 to 12/4/13 and 12/15 to 12/22/13

Your week (Columbus Day) has historically been blacked out for Free Dining. Maybe a room only discount?

There may be a General Public offer coming soon so keep checking here, there are always lots of postings when a discount offer is released.

Figures my week would be blacked out! A room discount would be nice though instead, although I'm sure my savings wouldn't be as much. I'll keep my eye out for news. Thanks for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter