Free Dining Extension ~ Oct-Dec

Are these the free mugs you get with your dining plan now? And can you only use them at resorts and not CS places in the parks?

I'm pretty sure you can only use them at the resorts, not in the parks. On the bright side, at least you don't have to worry about carrying the mugs around with you in the park.

So we are currently booked at POR from 11/10 through 11/17. The "alleged" dates of FD for November are 11/11 onward. Does this mean I would get FD for every day except my check in day, which does not fall within those dates? :confused3

So we are currently booked at POR from 11/10 through 11/17. The "alleged" dates of FD for November are 11/11 onward. Does this mean I would get FD for every day except my check in day, which does not fall within those dates? :confused3

You would have to book a room only reservation for the night of the 10th, and book a FD package for the 11th-17th. You would have to check out and back in on the 11th, which comes with the risk of a room change, but if you link the 2 reservations, they will try their best to keep you in the same room. I would pack an overnight bag for that night instead of unpacking a big suitcase, just in case.

You would have to book a room only reservation for the night of the 10th, and book a FD package for the 11th-17th. You would have to check out and back in on the 11th, which comes with the risk of a room change, but if you link the 2 reservations, they will try their best to keep you in the same room. I would pack an overnight bag for that night instead of unpacking a big suitcase, just in case.

Exactly what smitch said... I have done this exact thing last year ::yes:: although my extra night i had at all star sports and then the next day checked in to CSR to start my FD package. it wasn't too bad because we did what smitch suggested and packed an overnight bag. :thumbsup2

p.s. if you wanted to avoid that you could also just add that extra day at the end of your trip so 11/11 - 11/18. Just a thought.

Sylkie31 said:
I'm pretty sure you can only use them at the resorts, not in the parks. On the bright side, at least you don't have to worry about carrying the mugs around with you in the park.

Very true!

If you don't currently have an AP, you could buy a regular ticket to get the free dining then 'upgrade' to an AP when you get to the parks. They should credit whatever you paid for your existing ticket towards the AP.

However, once you have the AP you won't be eligible for free dining without buying regular tickets. But with an AP you get a discount at a lot of restaurants and they often have better discounts on room only promos.

All that said I do NOT have an AP but I've been doing the 'Disney math' on it quite a bit and if I ever had 2 trips planned within 1 year or ever stayed longer than a week I would definitely get one. :)

Great information, thanks! Where would I go to upgrade to an annual pass?

P.s. this is only my 2nd post but I have been watching for a long time so thanks to all who contribute regularly! LGTD (Let's Go To Disney)

P.s. this is only my 2nd post but I have been watching for a long time so thanks to all who contribute regularly! LGTD (Let's Go To Disney)

This is from the Disney World website:

Q. Can Magic Your Way tickets be upgraded after they are purchased?

A. Yes. If it is within 14 days of a Magic Your Way theme park ticket’s first use and the ticket has remaining admissions, you are able to upgrade the ticket. If it is more than 14 days after first use or if no admissions remain, then a ticket may not be modified or upgraded.

Upgrades may include adding more days or adding any combination of options, including: Park Hopper Option, Water Park Fun & More Option, No Expiration Option

Ticket upgrades must be made in person at any of the following locations at Walt Disney World Resort:

Ticket windows at theme parks and water parks
Concierge desks at Disney Resort hotels
Guest Relations at the Downtown Disney Area

I did the math, and the difference between the RO discount and the FD is less than $100 for us. I just need SOMETHING to come out already!
Did you factor in the cost of food? I cant imagine the difference being that little? Maybe you have a secret i need to know.... LOL

I always wonder about folks' names; thanks for the explanation and I love that!...very creative.:thumbsup2
Oh yeah, and :welcome:

Did you factor in the cost of food? I cant imagine the difference being that little? Maybe you have a secret i need to know.... LOL

Yes, because we're going to get the dining plan either way.

Oh, it's a little MORE than 100, now that I do the math.

I'm a DVC member, so haven't booked with CRO in some time.

We are out of DVC points and love free dining (family of 4 "adults").

I'm wondering if it comes out, is there any advantage to booking with AAA, rather than just the normal route through the website or CRO? Are there discounts with AAA or is it the same price no matter who you book through?

Does this possibly mean new designs as well? *looking hopeful*

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
A local amusement park switch to this same kind of mugs this year. They did not switch the mug design just added a chip on the bottom with a sticker. :(
Oh how I hope Disney does a re-design of the mug.

I think the refillable mug is still a great value at 17.99 for people staying at least six days or more but that price is a little steep if only staying four days. How often can you even get to the refillable stations in large resort's. I'm almost never at other resort's unless I'm doing ts so do people carry there mugs with them everywhere they go?

I don't think that's expensive for the mugs. I think a lot of people see the price and think that's what they're paying for just drinks. But really you're getting a souvenir and drinks. If you didnt get to keep the mug, that'd be a different story!

I'm a DVC member, so haven't booked with CRO in some time.

We are out of DVC points and love free dining (family of 4 "adults").

I'm wondering if it comes out, is there any advantage to booking with AAA, rather than just the normal route through the website or CRO? Are there discounts with AAA or is it the same price no matter who you book through?

AAA gives you a Diamond pass that allows you to park on a special AAA lot. Also you get 10% on purchases over $50 at certain locations. Also reserved viewing area for fireworks. That's about it.

Lately they've been having promotions like a $50-$100 Gift Card, however they now require full payment at time of booking. In the past they would give you the GC with the documents and after you had paid in full.

Also, you need a good TA. The ones at the office will typically only be available after 9-10am when the store opens. Booking directly with CRO will allow you to contact them at 7am.

Free dining dates - they'll FOR SURE be the dates that people have been getting with their pin codes, right?

We are checking in on 11/29 and I'm hearing FD would likely start 11/30. There's no way FD would be available for a check-in of 11/29, right? (Friday after thanksgiving... although there does seem to be decent vacancy for rooms.)

If there's no chance, I might go ahead and book a "fun" (aka: over budget) room for us the first night. Since it's only one night and we don't need park tickets on our check-in day we might use that forced split stay to try something cool the first night.

Free dining dates - they'll FOR SURE be the dates that people have been getting with their pin codes, right?

We are checking in on 11/29 and I'm hearing FD would likely start 11/30. There's no way FD would be available for a check-in of 11/29, right? (Friday after thanksgiving... although there does seem to be decent vacancy for rooms.)

If there's no chance, I might go ahead and book a "fun" (aka: over budget) room for us the first night. Since it's only one night and we don't need park tickets on our check-in day we might use that forced split stay to try something cool the first night.

Unfortunately, there is no way to know what the dates will be (if any) until real leaks start coming in. Even then, nothing is 100% fact until it is officially released.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter