Free Dining Extension ~ Oct-Dec

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by black562, Jun 10, 2013.

1. WDW-A-RAMA

WDW-A-RAMA Mouseketeer

I started following you on Instagram buddy; you have some really nice pics on there.
    Jason

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Mike&AllisMom

Mike&AllisMom Mouseketeer

I also started following you on Instagram. Love the pics!!!

4. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

Wow thank you both....very flattering. I have grown to like it alot. I enjoy posting a photo up every few hours, it just adds a nice moment to my day.

5. jessiegirl84

jessiegirl84 Mouseketeer

Thanks so much! Thats great news :)

6. Mum from oz

Mum from oz DIS Veteran

Is this automatic or do you have to ring and request?

7. scard192

scard192 DIS Veteran

You would have to call and have the FD discount applied. If you booked through a TA, they would have to call.

8. kris082668

kris082668 Mouseketeer

Planning question: if you can book a trip w/ FD for up to 14 days, why can I only buy park tickets for up to 10 days? Unless I buy a single day pass (could be in parks a total of 11 days).. Thanks!

9. MamaJessie

MamaJessie DIS Veteran

You can get the Water park & more option added on and have an equal amount of vouchers for water park, mini golf or Disney quest. Not to mention some down time, downtown disney and of course Universal!!

10. NightAngelX

NightAngelX Would rather be at WDW

Once you hit 10 days its cheaper to buy an annual pass. :) You can always get the 10 day tickets then turn them into an annual pass or add more days once you get to the park. :)

11. 2DisPrincesses

2DisPrincesses DIS Veteran

I just got caught up listening and I'm so excited now- I how free dining comes through!!!

12. LGTD

LGTD Lets Go To Disney

Can you get the free dining with an annual pass?

13. disneyfantotheend

disneyfantotheend DIS Veteran

You can but you still need to buy two day passes for everyone in the room, so it really diminishes the savings.

14. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

In other news that serves little to no value whatsoever....well, maybe a some, mediocre at best....or perhaps a bit more or a bit less.

Rapid Fill mugs are coming in a few weeks to Disney Resorts. These will finally be encoded with a chip and will allow you to purchase a select number of days rather than a whole trip if you wish. The prices are as follows.

$8.99 for 1 day
    $11.99 for 2 days
    $14.99 for 3 days
    $17.99 for length of stay (4+ days)

The interesting news is you will now be able to use them at any of the resorts and not just your own.

This is mostly moot for us though because it will still be included for the length of your stay as part of the dining plan...so we will all get one the same as usual, but now would technically be "legal" if we used it in another resort. This mostly stops those who bring their same mugs year after year to refill for free.

So, all the same, but mostly different and always exciting, except when its rather boring....are you confused yet??? Good!!!!

Carry-on....but only one bag please...and it must fit under the seat in front of you. :thumbsup2

(if you can't tell...crazy cheerful Joe is back!!!)

15. MamaJessie

MamaJessie DIS Veteran

rapid fill is a weird name for it...
    I do like that you can use it at other resorts though.

16. joyfulDisneytears

joyfulDisneytears DIS Veteran

So even more expensive on the mugs now for longer stays...I think I may just do a Garden Grocer order at this point for breakfast food and soda.

17. HBGdancermom

HBGdancermom DIS Veteran

Lol. Welcome back crazy cheerful Joe!

18. NightAngelX

NightAngelX Would rather be at WDW

If you don't currently have an AP, you could buy a regular ticket to get the free dining then 'upgrade' to an AP when you get to the parks. They should credit whatever you paid for your existing ticket towards the AP.

However, once you have the AP you won't be eligible for free dining without buying regular tickets. But with an AP you get a discount at a lot of restaurants and they often have better discounts on room only promos.

All that said I do NOT have an AP but I've been doing the 'Disney math' on it quite a bit and if I ever had 2 trips planned within 1 year or ever stayed longer than a week I would definitely get one. :)

19. HBGdancermom

HBGdancermom DIS Veteran

Where do you find out good general info on here about APs. Thanks

Something to do while I twiddle my thumbs waiting in dsct news. :-)

20. KNovacovschi

KNovacovschi DIS Veteran

Does this possibly mean new designs as well? *looking hopeful*

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

21. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

Are these the free mugs you get with your dining plan now? And can you only use them at resorts and not CS places in the parks?