• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining Extension ~ Oct-Dec

How do you know what the crowds are, I looked it up two years ago when I was there, said the crowds would be low, and the one day the MK was so packed you could hardly move, had to leave. We where there the week of Dec 11 to 21.

They are on easywdw for free or you can pay for touring plans. Every site is usually different with their numbers.

True, but remember, Disboarders are a pretty small group compared to the general public mailing lists. We're concentrating on FD in here so you see more success stories than you would most other places. And not everyone who receives a FD pin will use it. There have been several Dis posts from people who have neighbors, friends, relatives who received a pin but weren't going to use it. (I've received 3 in the past month or so and didn't need them because our trip is during the Sep FD offer.)
There have been at least 3 waves of pin mailings in recent weeks so I would think that indicates bookings are not where Disney wants them to be so will be offering to GP, too. I know it would be cool to get one of those elusive pin codes, but getting FD via DVC/GP offer works too!
Keep hoping for your own personal FD pixie dust, Disfan. And for those odd moments when you feel yourself losing hope, remember that we're all here still hoping for you. Gotta keep the FD pixie dust & Mickey shaking going, right?!!
pixiedust: :mickeyjum

Thanks!!! You guys are the best!!!! :)

I was looking at easywdw.com... And I just started thinking, we aren't even going on the 19th to an actual park.. Just the 20th and 21st and the 23rd we will do the party.. ( assuming free dining is offered again and we change dates) Will you check it out for me? :)

Another oops!

How do you know what the crowds are, I looked it up two years ago when I was there, said the crowds would be low, and the one day the MK was so packed you could hardly move, had to leave. We where there the week of Dec 11 to 21.

True, you have to take into account the unexpected too and sometimes that can not be done until the day of, that might draw more people to one particular park. And when they give you a "crowd" number, that is the average for all four parks. One might be a 2 and another an 8 on the same day. There are several sources for crowd calendars and some never factored in Free Dining which can change the results a little, but now most have caught on to FD and already have that factored in.;)

Oct. 20
Overall-4/10
MK-1.1
Epcot-6.3
HS-5.5
AK4.6

Oct. 21
Overall-4/10
MK-2.9
Epcot-1.8
HS-4.5
AK-4.9

Oct. 22
Overall-1/10
MK-1.1
Epcot-2.7
HS-4.0
AK-2.6

Oct. 23
Overall-3/10
MK-2.3
Epcot-4.8
HS-2.4
AK-4.3

Wow! Overall, it looks like a really good week! Good Luck!!:cheer2:

For us too arriving 10/19, might just do DTD that day and hit the parks starting 10/20 - thru 10/25. Getting excited, and still 4 months to go.

Thanks, I will check out some of the sites for he crowds, going again this Dec. but on the 2nd, so maybe it will be slower.

Hi All

Been lurking for a bit and taking comfort that I’m not the only one in the universe who hasn’t received a PIN. I have not received one of those allusive PINS, which I just learned about on here. And I too am hoping for the FDP to open up to the public.

We currently have reservations at the POFQ for Nov 30th through Dec 4th. That’s 4 nights/5 days. If the FDP opens up, do y’all think there be a 5 or 6 night restriction to qualify for it? Should I extend our stay for one more night (just give me a reason to do that :laughing:).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi All

Been lurking for a bit and taking comfort that I’m not the only one in the universe who hasn’t received a PIN. I have not received one of those allusive PINS, which I just learned about on here. And I too am hoping for the FDP to open up to the public.

We currently have reservations at the POFQ for Nov 30th through Dec 4th. That’s 4 nights/5 days. If the FDP opens up, do y’all think there be a 5 or 6 night restriction to qualify for it? Should I extend our stay for one more night (just give me a reason to do that :laughing:).

Thanks in advance for any help.

I think the minimum will be 3 nights, but just in case you better add a night. ;) lol

If you read the original post on this thread, Joe said he thinks early August. I am still hoping it comes earlier, because that is an awful long wait.

Eta just reread it now he it is saying as early as July. Pretty sure it original estimated August sorry for that mess up.

I had read that...but was wondering if we had an Early, Middle or Late July idea? We are super busy in July and I want to know that I am going to be available to book this...since I'm sure what I want will go fast :thumbsup2

Sorry if a question like this has been asked before.

We'll be staying at AoA Cars October 14th through 19th. Then we'll be off site the 19th through the 26th. Would we be eligable for free dinning even though our check in date falls before the window?

We can change our plans around but I'd rather not at this time.

plutospalforever said:
Hi! I was wondering where you've been! Welcome back! Just curious, you just mentioned CM; was that the reservation services CM or Guest Services CM? It seems that the two people who got the free dining (Yea!) this week were transferred to guest services and they were the ones who applied free dining. Just an observation.;)

Oh, I have requested a planning DVD at least 6 times and have yet to receive one:confused3

It was a guest services cm that I spoke with! Her name was Kelly really nice woman just didnt give me my pixie dust lol. And I've been busy getting stuff planned for the wedding! Its consumed me recently :laughing: and I'd call because that's what I had to do about the DVD.

Sorry if a question like this has been asked before.

We'll be staying at AoA Cars October 14th through 19th. Then we'll be off site the 19th through the 26th. Would we be eligable for free dinning even though our check in date falls before the window?

We can change our plans around but I'd rather not at this time.

You have to checkin on a day that free dining is offered. October 3RD-17TH are blacked out with the pin code, so you would not be eligible unless you switched your dates or dates change with the general public offer.

I am with you. When in doubt add a night ;)

Definitely! And then when you get the FD, you just might be saving enough money to be able to add another night, too. We added an extra night & are still saving about $1500 for the 4 of us. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter