Free Dining 2017

peachiepie

Mouseketeer
I'm sure some more details will be out soon, but I've just been speaking to a travel agent as Virgin Holidays who has confirmed that the free dining offer will be back in 2017 and will be released at the end of April! Although Virgin has some sort of early booking deal so you can book with the free dining from now.

It seems the offer is the same as last year (and includes a $200 gift card).

The travel agent has given me a quote including the free dining, which is bookable, so it all does seem legit. She mentioned it goes on general released at the end of the April.

Now just got to convince DH that we need to return to WDW!

I got a quote from them too, seems high (as expected for VH) so not booking but couldn't resist getting a quote.

They're not booking now, they can put a hold on Disney hotel rooms for the dates you need and then they're booking on the 21st when free dining officially starts.

Interestingly they can only do moderate and higher, when I inquired about values (with free breakfast) it wasn't available on the system. TA didn't know if this was just as they're doing pre-bookings or if the free breakfast thing was being scrapped for 2017.

From the sources I have seen booking starts 21st April.

There are also some strong rumours around a change to the QS credits next year.

I've just received this from virgin:

Forget Christmas - THIS is the most wonderful time of the year. Free Disney Dining is almost here!

To get started, reserve an appointment at your local Virgin Holidays store by popping in or calling us. If you receive a quote between 4 April and 20 April 2016, we’ll guarantee your price when Disney Dining officially launches on 21 April. You can also confirm your booking with a deposit.

So it looks as if it's on!

Yeah I saw a free dining ad on Instagram of all places, I'm exciting to join the rush of people booking at the end of April!

Oooh, it's so close. Hoping to book for myself and my Mum (her first trip) once it's released... and hoping work has settled down a bit by then to make it feel less of a worrisome thing to do!

Indeed on sale from 21st April though no mention of the gift card in my email though i see they have 2 snacks on the Quick Service plan , was down to one snack last time i used the free plan.

Indeed on sale from 21st April though no mention of the gift card in my email though i see they have 2 snacks on the Quick Service plan , was down to one snack last time i used the free plan.
First time posting, so sorry if the format comes out wrong!

30 days until my trip! We've got the QS dining plan this year.

Could 2 snack credits really be right for QS 2017?! That would make a big difference! I've tried googling but can only see the plan being advertised with 1 snack? Hoping Virgin haven't got it wrong!

At the moment the QSDP comes with one snack for arrivals in 2016.

Until Disney release the official information for 2017 we can't be 100% sure but it looks like the are removing the desert option on the QS meals and adding in an extra snack but until officially confirmed by Disney it is a rumour/speculation.

Just preparing for 2017 and checking through Virgin's website and at present Saratoga Springs is not even listed ????

Tony

At the moment the QSDP comes with one snack for arrivals in 2016.

Until Disney release the official information for 2017 we can't be 100% sure but it looks like the are removing the desert option on the QS meals and adding in an extra snack but until officially confirmed by Disney it is a rumour/speculation.

An additional snack rather than an enforced desert that isn't eaten would be a great improvement for me! Many QS deserts are snacks so could be used as a no change option if you like pudding, but a world of better choices awaits a two snack option Hot drinks, fruit, side items. Fingers crossed this is accurate.

Just preparing for 2017 and checking through Virgin's website and at present Saratoga Springs is not even listed ????

Tony

Not unusual - both that and OKW vary rarely appear before the start of the free dining booking window.

They are DVC resorts so only a small percentage is owned by Disney to sell for cash bookings - so they probably have negotiate the inventory allowed.

The other sceptical part of me says if they don't put them on sale before free dining then they don't have to announce a discount percentage! When they first started the offer I am sure it was something like 40% off then it has slowly been rolled back. Last year they didn't give a percentage but I did some rough working and it was down to 27/28% off. However the last advertised percentage off was 35% (I think) and those people they have hooked remember that and assume it's the same hence booking without looking!

Don't get me wrong it is a good deal if you have 3/4 people in a studio. However I looked at it last year as we have 3 in a one bedroom and went actually this isn't so great for us anymore.

The other sceptical part of me says if they don't put them on sale before free dining then they don't have to announce a discount percentage! When they first started the offer I am sure it was something like 40% off then it has slowly been rolled back. Last year they didn't give a percentage but I did some rough working and it was down to 27/28% off. However the last advertised percentage off was 35% (I think) and those people they have hooked remember that and assume it's the same hence booking without looking!

Definitely! We stayed at SSR in 2014 because it was pretty much the same price as staying in a moderate and upgrading our dining plan (give or take £100, can't remember exactly, but not a bad deal at all!)

Crunched numbers before booking for this summer, and we could get 2 weeks at CSR, upgrade the plan and still save £600... with just two of us, it made no sense, and we weren't bothered about being on full dining plan this time, so we actually saved £900. :)

I seen the same posted to the official Disney FaceBook, about their best offer coming soon!

I am tempted, but we have talked about a slightly different Disney trip next year. Its my 30th next year, and we are considering Las Vegas & then onto Disney California, but not sure about offers etc for California, and the free dining offer with WDW is just too handy! :rotfl:

VIRGIN FREE DINING IS OUT!!!!!!

I've just been to Virgin travel agents and asked for a quote for next July. I said I know free dining isn't out until next week but wanted a quote to be prepared. She said we have free dining out already and was able to quote me for 2 weeks in July 2017 with flights tickets and free dining!!! It was more than I expected so I'm going to wait for Thomsons prices to come out week, I was so excited when she said it was out! I've now got a price to work from and can't wait to book next week now hopefully cheaper with Thomson but at a push with Virgin. I'm going to let the TA know the quote I get from Thomson and see if she can match it. Good luck to everyone else waiting on free dining to book :tinker:Xx

I seen the same posted to the official Disney FaceBook, about their best offer coming soon!

I am tempted, but we have talked about a slightly different Disney trip next year. Its my 30th next year, and we are considering Las Vegas & then onto Disney California, but not sure about offers etc for California, and the free dining offer with WDW is just too handy! :rotfl:

disney california is definitely worth doing at least once in a lifetime, if you're never been!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter