Free Dining 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok room with free dining booked. Called at 7am. Got tech difficulty message so we hung up and called back. Was on hold about 5 minutes. We decided to stay WL standard view with free dining 9/7-9/14 saved $1556. :dance3:

I had a 5 minute wait and a super pleasant CM. I could not get free dining on a Little Mermaid room so we switched to a Royal Room at Port Orleans Riverside with free dining and saved $118 over what AoA LM room with DDP was going to cost us. The savings will pay for our daughter's Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique appointment and her Pirates League appointment with a bit left over and I'm super excited to be staying at a moderate this time instead of a value. Yay for free dining and thank you to everyone for the great information on these boards!

I got connected but it was the wrong area! Said phones have been routing to the wrong! Back on hold.

NOW, I have to call when I get to work to cancel the existing reservation I had because online it wouldn't let me adjust my current reservations.

I have to do the same but am going to wait a couple of days until the phones slow down.

I also need to add Magical Express information as I didn't take the time to do that when booking online.

I am jealous that so many got through. But remember holds of an hour or 2 are not unusual!

Well on the bright side, I did get online this morning and I got our reservations booked with our upgraded free dining at POP. For my family and for my mom and dad. I tried calling Disney about 2 minutes before opening time and the automated voice said "Our offices are closed.." but then right at 7:00 it said "we are experiencing technical difficulties" LOL. Well I stayed on hold but at the same time went online and got it booked. When I got everything booked I was still on hold. Now my only issue is I have other reservations for the same time that I need to cancel. I got nervous last night so I went ahead and booked our rooms and thought I could just call this morning and have the FD added to it. But couldnt get through on the phones. Wish I could cancel a reservation online. That would make it easier. All in all upgrading our dining and staying at POP only turned out to save us about $250 from staying at POR but hey, that savings is going to cover our MNSSHP tickets. Plus my kids love POP and really we aren't there very long each day. Now to lay out our dining reservations and make sure they work into all our plans :):banana:

I am jealous that so many got through. But remember holds of an hour or 2 are not unusual!

An hour or 2!!!!! That is crazy. I wonder if I should just book a Cars Suite online and then just call later and see if they have Lion King available

ALL done, wonderful experience. Got exactly what I want all star movie buzz are on grond floor, fd plan upgrade to regular! gonna a have a sooooooooooooo wonderful trip.. september 7 seen so far away right now:)

I got connected but it was the wrong area! Said phones have been routing to the wrong! Back on hold.

I've been reading all the threads, and good luck to everyone. Trying to see how this all works out so if they offer it in November I'll know what I'll be going through. But come on monorail, GET IN THERE

Whew! Got it!!! SWEETEST CM ever!!!! She said phones are all sorts of wonky so don't give up!! We got Pop! :goodvibes

Took the advice of others and booked a second reservation online. Will call to cancel the other reservation when the phone lines aren't as busy.

Walking the dog first thing in the AM has never been more enjoyable. I cannot thank you all enough for the help and suggestions. I booked POP 9/23-9/27 with QS dining.

Can anyone tell me there thoughts on the next level of dining? My husband is a meat and potato guy and it's quite likely we would eat at a steak restaurant like Yachtsmen steakhouse 3 of the 4 nights. Because of this I'm thinking that I should upgrade the dining plan. In doing so, it'd be approximately $18 per person, per day correct? Thoughts, opinions?

I hope I get to talk to someone before 720 am CST. I have to drive my DD to school and I can't be on the phone in a school zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter