Free Dining 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
For us it is pretty high. We booked Bb FD but just the QSDP saved us 1450.00 for 2 adults and 2 kids for 14 nights.

WOW!!! See? This is why we Disney folks get so nutty over free dining. Congrats! When are you staying?

For us it is pretty high. We booked Bb FD but just the QSDP saved us 1450.00 for 2 adults and 2 kids for 14 nights.
Going with my daughter, son-in-law & granddaughter so for 3 adults & 1 child, the FD saved us $1471.44. Took our total reservation price from $4900+ to $3500+. CM my daughter spoke with 1st thing this morning (hers was the 1st call the CM received). My daughter told me that after CM applied the FD discount and gave the difference in total cost she said, "Wow, that's quite a savings. No wonder everyone likes the free dining discount so much!" :yay: :)

Ok, just ran our #'s. We had payed $1,449 for the basic dining plan. We are staying at AoA Lion King and payed $450 to keep that upgrade for 6 nights. Looks like I saved almost $1000 dollars.:cool1:

Thank you all for the valuable info! I'm so sad that my Disney Visa has not arrived in the mail yet so I may be waiting until Thursday :rolleyes1
I already have my rooms booked but can't apply the FD. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and really looking forward to trying a few dining locations that we have never been to.

Believe me, you don't want to ask me how. We can wait together till someone tells us.;)

Was just experimenting to see if I could figure out how to do it. If you click on the person's forum name, it will give you a list of options. The last option is to add that person as a contact. If you click on that option, it will take you to a screen that also asks if you want to send a friend's request. (Not sure what the difference is between contact list & friend's list, but apparently there is one.)

For us it's an amazing savings as well... we're FL residents & get room & ticket discounts, but with that and our OOP spending for food, we budgetd our trip for about $4500 for a family of 5-- but we would no way be able to afford character meals on that for the 5 of us. And that would have been 6 nights.

With the FD we spend a bit more on the room & on the tickets to get the package, but now our trip in total (including souvanier fund) is about $3800... at 7 nights (we get an extra night out of it!). And will include a bunch of character meals we would not have been able to do with the 1st scenario.

I just want to give a big thank you to this board. I've never been on here before the other day and thanks to you I was able to add free dining to my trip this September. Since my trip is for 14 nights this was a huge savings!!

Specifics on savings! I had been trying in vain to book a Standard View at Contemporary for over 2 months now (really 4!)....none ever available..my reservation sat at $5680 for the longest for five people. Then we got amazing Southwest deal but that put us staying two weekend nights which bumped our package at CR (cheapest Garden view) at $5800!!

I was able to book Standard view on this deal (they must hold out rooms for these specials in discounted days) and for 3 adults (one 18 year old) and 2 teenagers...we are sitting at $3800!! Savings of $2000 for us for just 6 nights!!!

Was just experimenting to see if I could figure out how to do it. If you click on the person's forum name, it will give you a list of options. The last option is to add that person as a contact. If you click on that option, it will take you to a screen that also asks if you want to send a friend's request. (Not sure what the difference is between contact list & friend's list, but apparently there is one.)

Yeah, you did it. It worked!!! Happy to be friends with you!:cheer2:

So happy that we were able to save $600 without compromising ANYTHING. There's only two of us so I can only imagine the savings those of you with families are getting out of this!

Savings of $1676.64 for us! Family of 5, 7 nights at POR!! Now that 2 of the kids are 'adults' for pricing, the savings are substantial. Without free dining, we wouldn't purchase the plan, as it is more than what we would need or typically eat, but when comparing apples to oranges, it is a bigger savings than a room discount coupled with how we would eat if paying OOP .... So excited to be able to take advantage of it!

Alright Thursday peeps, thanks for all your support!!! Will be right there with ya on the 9th (with the exception of 1 school drop off).:thumbsup2

Finally got my email from Visa about it....Thanks so much to those in this group that let us all know ahead of time!!:)

Hey Joe, is there a way to look up or get notified of new threads you post here? Would be nice to be able to be up to date on Mouseville happenings. Besides which, I've really enjoyed following this thread. Yes, I really have read all 78 pages and plan on keeping up with it even though we've alrdy gotten our FD discount. Is cool reading about everyone's success stories and hoping for those still waiting to see if/when their res dates will be eligible for discounts.

I've befriended you.

Finally got my email from Visa about it....Thanks so much to those in this group that let us all know ahead of time!!:)

Wow, you're lucky. I still have not received one. Many times I have never, ever got one and when I did, it ways days after promo release:goodvibes

I was able to add free dining to my POFQ reservation, standard view. I did not have to upgrade to river view. :)

When I booked my FD at 7:17 this morning, I was offered Garden View or River View at POFQ, but I did not ask about Standard View so it too may have been available since the beginning. My reservation was for Pool View which is what I wanted and hoped to add the Free Dining offer to, but the CM just offered me Garden View or River View probably because they were the closest to my original choice. I definitely asked if Pool View was available and the CM said "No. The system will not give me that choice." Wondering if it was booked completely or not available under the Free Dining Offer. I am going to call back later, just to check. And will probably check back with WDW on Thursday to see if they make any of the Pool View available. But with only 30 Pool View rooms total at the POFQ wasn't very surprised that I would have to choose a different room type.

We have a family of 10, 7 of whom are now Disney Adults.
We're staying AsMo and upgrading dining.
Would have cost us another $2100+ if we had paid for dining.
Makes a HUGE difference for us.

...but starting to get nervous with everyone booking... I have 2 standard rooms booked at POR with DD. Is there any chance that Free DD will be "sold out" at POR on Standard Rooms from Visa holders when I call Thursday?

Thank you again...

...but starting to get nervous with everyone booking... I have 2 standard rooms booked at POR with DD. Is there any chance that Free DD will be "sold out" at POR on Standard Rooms from Visa holders when I call Thursday?

Thank you again...

There's a chance, BUT...the normally release more rooms at some point. And, other "views" are normally available. Have a few back-up choices, and if you don't get your first choice, keep calling back (once a week or so). You never know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter