Free Dining 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would change to another available resort and pocket all that coin ;-)

Unfortunately some room types are always excluded. Would a moderate room hold your party size? Would you have to do two rooms, and would it be cheaper? Give them a call and see what the price difference is.

I'm looking into other resorts now. We would need 2 rooms because we are taking my parents also. Which might work better because they didn't really want the dining plan ~ they split their meals a lot, but since we were all in the same room we had to add it for them too. We would need connecting rooms though ~ my girls want to spend some time with them, and they'll watch our baby while we take the girls out in the evenings.

I'm looking into other resorts now. We would need 2 rooms because we are taking my parents also. Which might work better because they didn't really want the dining plan ~ they split their meals a lot, but since we were all in the same room we had to add it for them too. We would need connecting rooms though ~ my girls want to spend some time with them, and they'll watch our baby while we take the girls out in the evenings.

That will work out great and save you more money. We get 2 connecting rooms every year and it works out great :-)

That will work out great and save you more money. We get 2 connecting rooms every year and it works out great :-)

Which resort do you use? I'm at a total loss now, it took me forever to pick BC and now I feel like I have to start all over, and I need to hurry so we can book it.

What are some nice moderate resorts?

Which resort do you use? I'm at a total loss now, it took me forever to pick BC and now I feel like I have to start all over, and I need to hurry so we can book it.

We love POR or POFQ. Didn't care for CBR, beautiful resort horrible bus experience. My friends loved it though. I have other friends who just got back from CS and they loved it!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

All Star Movies is our favorite value, Port Orleans is our favorite mod and The Poly is our favorite deluxe. But, really, I don't think there is a "bad" Disney resort :-). Although, I am not a fan of the FW cabins, I think they are overpriced for what they are and are in need of some updating.

Wow, I'm totally confused. We are staying Sept 22-27. CM told me could only apply FD to the 22 through the 25th? Should I call back and ask to another CM? Anyone else getting this info? I thought it was for the entire length of stay as long as you checked in during promotion? :confused3

Ugh...Monday!!!!

I know Disney Visa holders can book FD or RO discount today. I've been checking the Disney Visa site periodically and still have yet to see these discounts. They only show the ones up to August 14th.

When does this typically appear on the website? I have been a cardholder for awhile and to be honest, didn't even though that cardholders had this perk generally three days before general public discounts were available.

guess I haven't been checking the DIS regularly enough! LOL

Wow, I'm totally confused. We are staying Sept 22-27. CM told me could only apply FD to the 22 through the 25th? Should I call back and ask to another CM? Anyone else getting this info? I thought it was for the entire length of stay as long as you checked in during promotion? :confused3

Ugh...Monday!!!!

Ask them to double check or call back. They are wrong.

I know exactly how you feel we had contemporary stand booked since last may!!! We were really bummed!! when I went to add fd they said there was no standard available and it would have cost us 500 to upgrade to cheapest avail with fd!!! So we ended up switching to aoa lion king suite and upgrading fd and saved 800 just from diff in hotels!!!

Ugh...Monday!!!!

Absolutely incorrect. Yes. Call back. You cannot have dining plan for part of a trip. It's all or nothing. I wish these CMs would get better prepared.

We also book 2 rooms and ask that they are connecting for my parents. We love the YC CL but we only stay there when it is a very special occasion.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Ugh...Monday!!!!

It is for length of stay. If you check in by the last day of a FD promo, they will apply the FD discount to your entire stay, up to 14 nights. Room only discounts are only available for advertised dates and are not eligible for length of stay.

Thanks for the heads up everyone. Just got POR Royal room with FD for Sept 11-18. Very excited!

All Star Movies is our favorite value, Port Orleans is our favorite mod and The Poly is our favorite deluxe. But, really, I don't think there is a "bad" Disney resort :-). Although, I am not a fan of the FW cabins, I think they are overpriced for what they are and are in need of some updating.

I also love POR and the Poly!!:goodvibes

I know Disney Visa holders can book FD or RO discount today. I've been checking the Disney Visa site periodically and still have yet to see these discounts. They only show the ones up to August 14th.

When does this typically appear on the website? I have been a cardholder for awhile and to be honest, didn't even though that cardholders had this perk generally three days before general public discounts were available.

guess I haven't been checking the DIS regularly enough! LOL

Chase Visa is not known for their prompt attention to updating their website or emailing cardholders about Discounts. They will post something later today - probably ;-)

I know exactly how you feel we had contemporary stand booked since last may!!! We were really bummed!! when I went to add fd they said there was no standard available and it would have cost us 500 to upgrade to cheapest avail with fd!!! So we ended up switching to aoa lion king suite and upgrading fd and saved 800 just from diff in hotels!!!

That a great savings, you will love those cute suites :-)

Slightly off topic ? If I am on the DDP I know I can use Disney giftcards to solely pay for the gratuity at TS meals but can I use a RC giftcard to solely pay for the gratuity while using the DDP at Rainforest Cafe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter