Free Dining 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, personally do not find any value in the Deluxe DDP, free or otherwise. We have done the DDP at least once or twice per year since they introduced it in 2005, we did the Deluxe plan 1 time and my husband and kids hated it. It takes up an incredible amount of park time to do the deluxe plan and it is very overpriced. It was a big waste of time and money for us - and we only paid the FD upgrade charge which wasn't nearly as much as it is now.

I don't think I could eat that much. I do good to eat what's offered now, with the exception that I usually do order an appetizer because I love soup. By the end of dinner I usually walk out like a penguin. :lmao:

plutospalforever said:
Lazor, I hope you do not think I was trying to talk you out of something. Just offering a solicited opinion. If it was just me, DH and oldest 2 kids I would do DeluxDP in a minute. But to me I think of it this way. Do I want to take two small kids out to eat 2-3 time a day for multiple days in a row? You know your family best and what they desire and what they can handle. Each family is unique. Take this info that has been gathered for you and make the best decision that best fits your family.:)

No I didnt think that! Thank you I really appreciate all of your insight! :-)

Hi everyone!! I am joining in even though we are coming in October....(21-26th to be exact) Staying at AOA Nemo. I cannot wait to see what happens on May 6th:hyper: Those poor CMs.

Just curious....Do you think any CMs stop by DIS and see what we are all saying? lol

Thanks for all the good info!!

Thanks everyone for your input! I really appreciate it! We arent going to do it. First of all my kids will be 8, 5, & 8 months (I know the baby isnt included anyway) and they eat like birds. We were just thinking about it because 2 of our reasies for CRT and Mickeys BBQ take 2 credits and we wanted to eat at least 1 ts a day. I think it would just be cheaper to for a fewer cheaper meals then to spend over $1000 to upgrade! We definately dont want to take away from park time! :-)

Hi everyone!! I am joining in even though we are coming in October....(21-26th to be exact) Staying at AOA Nemo. I cannot wait to see what happens on May 6th:hyper: Those poor CMs.

Just curious....Do you think any CMs stop by DIS and see what we are all saying? lol

Thanks for all the good info!!

I know they stop by the Dis.

Here's something I bet you didn't know....DISNEY themselves actually monitor the Dis as well. They have admitted it on occasion.

Thanks everyone for your input! I really appreciate it! We arent going to do it. First of all my kids will be 8, 5, & 8 months (I know the baby isnt included anyway) and they eat like birds. We were just thinking about it because 2 of our reasies for CRT and Mickeys BBQ take 2 credits and we wanted to eat at least 1 ts a day. I think it would just be cheaper to for a fewer cheaper meals then to spend over $1000 to upgrade! We definately dont want to take away from park time! :-)

Wow! That's a lot to upgrade! I can't remember if you said this was your first time with kids, but if it is, I know from my own personal experience that doing a couple 2 credit, awesome meals like that, and not doing a sit down every day has worked out better. Kids get tired and cranky and the last thing they want to do is sit down and eat a meal. In fact, we are doing CRT and saving a table service for the day we check out, to space out the table days. There are also many people who do not even get the basic DP because they feel to tied down to a ressie and/or too much food. I will be interested on your take after your trip. Have FUN!:banana:

I don't think they are completely phasing out free dining yet. Free dining has been nothing but a strike of pure genius for WDW to fill the parks and resorts during historically low crowd periods. Anything is possible and Disney could end all FD discounts after, September, but I don't think we are there yet. I think if there Oct - Dec FD discounts this year they will be:

Oct 1-6
Oct 20 - Nov 1
Nov 10-21
Nov 30 - Dec 5
Dec 14-19

Those are my guesstimates for FD and room only for today :-)

I know I am beating a dead horse here, but we arrive the 28th. Do you think Disney is ending FD on the 25th because of Food and Wine? (wondering what your opinion is about that) I am happy about your FD prediction picking up again on the 1st...I'm just gonna have to wait and see and run the numbers (if all predictions come through) :surfweb:

I know I am beating a dead horse here, but we arrive the 28th. Do you think Disney is ending FD on the 25th because of Food and Wine? (wondering what your opinion is about that) I am happy about your FD prediction picking up again on the 1st...I'm just gonna have to wait and see and run the numbers (if all predictions come through) :surfweb:

That seems to be the case...though, as Disney411 has mentioned, other dates could drop. It's less and less likely this year, but things can happen.

I realize this may have been answered elsewhere on the board but I haven't been able to find it so I'll go ahead and ask here. We have a trip already booked at AOA Nemo Suite for Sep 7-13. My big question is: does the free dining ever run out on the first few days? I plan on calling as soon as it shows it is available for non-visa owners, but now I'm kind of worried I will be left out! Someone calm my nerves!

I realize this may have been answered elsewhere on the board but I haven't been able to find it so I'll go ahead and ask here. We have a trip already booked at AOA Nemo Suite for Sep 7-13. My big question is: does the free dining ever run out on the first few days? I plan on calling as soon as it shows it is available for non-visa owners, but now I'm kind of worried I will be left out! Someone calm my nerves!

Run out completely...no. But it can sell out a particular room type, or a very popular resort such as AOA. In fact, I see AOA booking up in the first few hours. The other resorts should be fine, some folks last year called as late as July and got what they wanted. Plus, they open up more rooms when the offer goes public anyway, so you're not completely left in the dark if you don't have a Visa.

I don't think they are completely phasing out free dining yet. Free dining has been nothing but a strike of pure genius for WDW to fill the parks and resorts during historically low crowd periods. Anything is possible and Disney could end all FD discounts after, September, but I don't think we are there yet. I think if there Oct - Dec FD discounts this year they will be:

Oct 1-6
Oct 20 - Nov 1
Nov 10-21
Nov 30 - Dec 5
Dec 14-19

Is there a reason in particular that you think FD (if it is even offered, of course) will pick up on the 20th of October instead of the 18th? With the exception of 2011 where free dining started back up on a Saturday, 2010 and 2012 both started on a Friday. The 18th is our check in day and we are going either way, but I'm just curious as to why you think it won't be until the 20th. I know the bounceback offer starts on the 20th, but they don't usually mirror the free dining dates. Any thoughts??

Oct 1-6
Oct 20 - Nov 1
Nov 10-21
Nov 30 - Dec 5
Dec 14-19

I so hope you are right!::yes:: We are going Nov 30-Dec 6. The last 2 times we have gone this week, we had free dining, so DH is kind of expecting it. I told him I wasn't sure and he was kind of bummed, thinking maybe we need to cancel. Our kids are all considered adults now, so to pay for dining would be a lot. I don't think it would be worth it considering how 2 of our kids eat. But free, bring it on!:banana:

I hope so because I am 9-13-13 to 9-22-13 and right now without flights it was $4200 at a value resort. 2011 same amount of days with the free dining was only $2700 so I would really love to save some money.

Ok, we are planning on going from Aug 25 - Sept 1 & I'm trying not to freak that we might miss it by a week... That being said, the current promo only goes through 8-14 so if these dates are right there won't be ANY discounts for the last 2 weeks of August?! :confused3. I'm hoping that's not right, since we cannot change our travel dates with the kids starting school on the 3rd. Just trying to stay positive for now...

Please someone give me hope LOL!

I hope so because I am 9-13-13 to 9-22-13 and right now without flights it was $4200 at a value resort. 2011 same amount of days with the free dining was only $2700 so I would really love to save some money.

I know, for me it saves a ton of cash. I've always done free dining since the first time they did it. I hope at least the September promotion keeps going for years to come. But honestly, they always have to do something good during that slow month, and free dining is just the best thing they've tried...so I see no reason not to, at least for September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter