Free Dining 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say watching these threads I never get anything done at work anymore!! There is such great info here though, thank you everyone!
So, if I am understanding correctly, the Disney TA gets notified before hand on the dining package? So since my TA is contracted through Disney she should be aware of the promo this week?
Also, may be the wrong spot to ask this, but since get so much good info on this thread from such knowledgable people, this being the first trip I have booked on my own, is there anything I should know? I've been to WDW many many times, but have never booked or really gone as an adult. Last time I went I was 20 yrs old and it was paid for me and I just enjoyed myself, never planned anything. If anyone has any good advice, that would be great!!
Thanks again for the great info! I should delete the dis app from my phone!

And that is what happens ladies and gentlemen when you DON'T flip your calendar to the new month! I went back an edited the post. Oiy vay, it's going to be another Monday.
So Black do I have a second for Thursday, May 2?? :-D

That would be sweet indeed, but alas, I don't think it's in the cards for this week.

I have to say watching these threads I never get anything done at work anymore!! There is such great info here though, thank you everyone!
So, if I am understanding correctly, the Disney TA gets notified before hand on the dining package? So since my TA is contracted through Disney she should be aware of the promo this week?
Also, may be the wrong spot to ask this, but since get so much good info on this thread from such knowledgable people, this being the first trip I have booked on my own, is there anything I should know? I've been to WDW many many times, but have never booked or really gone as an adult. Last time I went I was 20 yrs old and it was paid for me and I just enjoyed myself, never planned anything. If anyone has any good advice, that would be great!!

Yes, TAs get some notice so they are prepared when it launches.

And there's lots of great info, but where to start is the bigger question. What kind of information are you looking for?

Yes, TAs get some notice so they are prepared when it launches.

And there's lots of great info, but where to start is the bigger question. What kind of information are you looking for?

Great! And I don't really know. I have been planning for the last year, and since our arrival date is only 5 months away, I have gone into "mega planning mode"! Lol..with two kids that have never been away from home, Im trying to think if anything and everything I guess I don't have one certain question, and I'm sure ill be back with more! Just looking for some insider tips! Put it this way, if something comes to mind that you wouldn't have known as a first timer, pls let me know!! Haha...I know that's still very open...

Be sure to have a backup resort, since French quarter is one of the smaller ones.

Riverside participates in FD, correct? If so then we'll head there. But it shouldn't be a problem, just like last year when I called and had our Dining package turned into FD.

Lol, the other thread is just now posting about TAs receiving their information for free dining. See Pluto, you got to be first today....and by quite a while at that. :thumbsup2

Our last trip together I think I wore him out. He had blisters on top of blisters where I could go all day/night long. My normal work day can last up to 16 hours (3:30am to 8:00pm)and I'm on my feet all day so running around disney is nothing.But if they do offer fd in November, it's going to be hard for me to do a table service each day because I hate to leave the parks or the rides when I'm having a good time. My kids too big as he says for character breakfasts and he is a very picky eater so trying to find ts resteraunts are tough. Whould you happen to know if the rain forest cafe takes the dining plan. I saw a review and that person mentioned that they did not.

Both Rainforest Cafes and T-Rex are both now on the plan, as of January 2012.

Just curious if anyone has experience or knowledge of how crowded the MVMCP is the Thursday &/or Friday before Thanksgiving. We are playing around with the idea of going since we've never been before but I don't want to go if it's gonna be jam-packed ~ I'll get enough of that Thanksgiving week ;)

Weekend party nights are always going to be more crowded, but with those being the last two dates until after Thanksgiving, they will both probably sell out or close to it.

Hi, Black! Just wanted to say I love this forum so much, I have learned so much in the past 2 weeks since discovering it!

My family is suppose to be checking in on the 26th of September for my kids' first WDW trip...do you see any chance for the FD being extended or am I pretty much out of luck by ONE day? Thanks for your input!

Hi, Black! Just wanted to say I love this forum so much, I have learned so much in the past 2 weeks since discovering it!

My family is suppose to be checking in on the 26th of September for my kids' first WDW trip...do you see any chance for the FD being extended or am I pretty much out of luck by ONE day? Thanks for your input!

Dates are firm at this point. Any extension would come later if it happened.

Any chance you can back it up to the 25th?

We have stayed all levels value, mod and deluxe. All Star Sports, CBR, POFQ, WL and Contemporary. My favorite was WL. However, I still enjoy the values just as much as the deluxes. Maybe I just haven't picked the right deluxe yet?

We have come to prefer the values too :-)

Thank you for this info! Also, I love your predicted FD dates! We will be there Dec. 15-21 and we're planning a large group trip. With FD, we will all be able to stay on site together. Fingers crossed :)

Fingers definitely crossed!!! :-)

Dates are firm at this point. Any extension would come later if it happened.

Any chance you can back it up to the 25th?

I was afraid you were going to say that! We already have airfare so by changing that, plus the cost of another nights room, it just wouldn't make sense, unfortunately. Here's hoping for an later extension or RO promotion!

I never recommend the hopper ticket option to people who are new to touring Disney, you don't need it. I would recommend 5 to 6 park days for a first visit - 2 days MK, 2 days Epcot, 1 day Ak and 1 day DHS. If you are staying on-site, you don't really need your car, the Disney transporation is good, especially with it being your first time and not being familiar with Disney property.

Pick up a copy of The Unoffical Guide to Walt Disney World and check out their companion website, www.touringplans.com. I use their crowd/best days calendar to plan all our park days and then once I know which park we will be in on which days I can make my Advance Dining Reservations around those parks or in resorts close to those parks. I highly recommend the Basic Disney Dining Plan if your party is going to eat at least one sit down/table service/character meal per day. You can make Advance Dining Reservations 180 before your check-in date.

These are tips I give to anyone new to touring WDW:

1. Make sure you have Advance Dining Reservations as a lot of table service restaurants and character meals do not take walk-ups and book up quickly.

2. Get to the parks at opening. You really can get a lot done in the morning because so many other people sleep in.

3. Eat lunch around 11:00 or 11:30 a.m. before the fast food places get busy. Then when while everyone else is eating lunch, you will have lower crowds.

4. I buy a ton of the two for a dollar ponchos at the dollar store and keep them in the backpack. That way you can throw them a way after use and not worry about keeping up with a wet bulky poncho the rest of the day. Bring throw away ponchos to wear on Kali River Rapids at Animal Kingdom, if not you WILL get soaked.

5. Other things I put in the backpack each morning are Tylenol/Motrin, small first aid kit, camera with extra batteries, small hand towel, hand sanitizer, wipes and a bottle of water.

6. Most single service items under $4.00 are considered a snack credit on the dining plan. A Turkey Leg is NOT a snack credit :-)

7. At Magic Kingdom always head to Fantasyland first, if you are not doing Fantasyland on a particular day then head to Splash Mountain first, then Big Thunder Mountain; at Epcot always ride Soarin' first and get a Fastpass for later after you get off of the ride; at Disney Hollywood Studios always ride Toy Story Mania first, then head over to Rockin' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror; and at Animal Kingdom ride Expedition Everest First then head to the Safari.

8. Favorite fast food restaurants at MK are Pecos Bills and Cosmic Rays; favorite fast food at Animal Kingdom is Flame Tree Grill and Pizzafari. If you are there while it very hot, go to Pizzafari.

9. If there are two lines going into an attraction, always take the line that goes to the left.

10. My best tip would have to be USE THE FASTPASS SYSTEM. Our rule of thumb is if the wait is 25 minutes or less, we wait in line. If the wait is 30 minutes or more, use a Fastpass.

Click on this link and it will give you an excellent overview of Fastpass. It is from Doconeil here on the Disboards and super helpful:

http://www.oinc.net/disney/fastpass.php

11. I like the Photopass. When you enter the parks you will see the staff photographers, they will take your pictures and give you a Photopass and you can use that for the rest of your trip. Each time you see a photographer have them take your picture and they will scan your picture. Then when you get home you can pull up the pictures, with the code they email you after purchase, and pick the photos you want on a CD. They will then mail you the CD and the copyrights to the CD and you can take them to Walmart or Walgreens or wherever and get them developed. They also have a lot of cool software that you can use to edit your photos before you have them put on the CD.

Hi-

Any word on certain room categories being excluded from the FD offer?

Specifically, I am currently booked in a Poly CL room. Are those eligible for the FD offer?

We booked through an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner (I'm guessing that is considered a travel agent?). Are they receiving the details of the offer this week?

Thanks for the help on this!

Weekend party nights are always going to be more crowded, but with those being the last two dates until after Thanksgiving, they will both probably sell out or close to it.

Thanks for the reply! Any way of knowing how many tickets they sell for the parties?

Thanks for the reply! Any way of knowing how many tickets they sell for the parties?

Magic kingdom has a max occupancy rate of around 100,000. When the hard ticket parties first started, the rumored ticket sales were around 25,000, but over the years as the popularity of the parties grew, those numbers got bumped significantly. The rumored max ticket sales for the hard ticket parties is now closer to 40,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter