• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free admission on your birthday intro + FAQ + gift card T&C

This is great! We already have a trip scheduled to WDW in 11/09 to celebrate my and DD's birthdays. We've already bought our park tickets (before 8/08 price increase), so it looks like we'll each have gift cards or Fastpasses on our birthdays. :banana:

I'm not getting that *at all*. Why would you have to pay for a day, if you want the pass, just b/c it's the end of your trip?

Just get one day less than you would get, and go to the booths on your b'day and get your free pass.

Right, but if I'm only there 3 days, I want the MM advantage, so I want a 3 day hopper. If I buy a 2 day hopper plus have the birthday day, I lose out on MM.

My DD's b-day IS the first day of our trip, so wouldn't I use the free day to upgrade to a 3 day pass and get the MM?

I am still wondering if the ticket booths are open early enough to do all of that PLUS get a good spot in line before opening.

I am trying to register for the instant game for the Disney Parks Celebration Vacation but I got the message that I need a balloon invitation gift code. Where do I get it?

Am glad that you posted that query, for I did not know about the instant game, I take it, that can be found somewhere on dl.com?
I will venture to say that the balloon code is available and possibly only so, via the Celebrate Your Occasion event, they will be held throughout the U.S. next year.

Right, but if I'm only there 3 days, I want the MM advantage, so I want a 3 day hopper. If I buy a 2 day hopper plus have the birthday day, I lose out on MM.

Aha, it's a MM thing. Now I get your concern. I don't share the same concern, as I find going to FL on a non-MM day nearly as good as on a MM day, and I get to sleep in later, but not everyone shares my views on MM. :)

I am trying to register for the instant game for the Disney Parks Celebration Vacation but I got the message that I need a balloon invitation gift code. Where do I get it?

Did it say you NEED a code, or does it just have a spot for the code? I noticed a spot for the code, but I was able to click through without entering anything just fine.

Aha, it's a MM thing. Now I get your concern. I don't share the same concern, as I find going to FL on a non-MM day nearly as good as on a MM day, and I get to sleep in later, but not everyone shares my views on MM. :)

Did it say you NEED a code, or does it just have a spot for the code? I noticed a spot for the code, but I was able to click through without entering anything just fine.

Me too..I saw the code box and thought "uh-oh" but didn't need to enter anything.

This is great! We already have a trip scheduled to WDW in 11/09 to celebrate my and DD's birthdays. We've already bought our park tickets (before 8/08 price increase), so it looks like we'll each have gift cards or Fastpasses on our birthdays. :banana:

How or where did you get tickets for 11/09? The ones I see online expire 1/09.

Thanks!

bumping because questions answered here are being posted in new threads

Request: Could this thread be linked to in one of the sticky posts?

What if your birthday is February 29?

Not sure if it's right, but I read elsewhere that legally, your birthday occurs on February 28 in non-leap years.

I finally got an email back from Disney on this issue:

Dear ahecht,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

Ahecht, Your question of what if my birthday is on February 29?

You may, certainly use your benefit on February 28, 2009 or March 1,

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

:hourglass The time is approaching, so I'm bumping this.

Also, added answer to question about AP/blackout issue.

Question, I didn't read the whole 5 pages so maybe this has been answered already and if so I apologize.

Is the ticket booth the only place to get the fun card? We will be there in a couple weeks for DBF's b-day, we will have AP's so won't need the admission, I'm thinking he might like to get the fun card for himself, maybe the fastpass but I don't think we will need it since it's going to be the middle of the week. :)

Pixie to the best of my knowledge,the ticket windows are the sole location to receive these gifties (Gift cards, fast passes,free admission, or a ticket for one day/one park that is good until your next birthday,unless you use said ticket before your next birthday)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Happy Hanukkah! ~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~ Merry Christmas!~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Kristine ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK - ripped off. I had just started planning on spening another AU$20,000 + to visit for my free entry to DL. But then I discovered - I need to be a Canadian or US Resident. :lmao: D'oh!:rolleyes1

Just to let you know, you only need to be a Canadian or US resident to register online, international visitors are included, we just need to bring our passports with us on our birthday to redeem free admission or gift card etc. :)

Hehe, am I the only one who is reminded of "Happy Fun Ball" from SNL after reading the Birthday Fun Card terms and conditions? :upsidedow

"If Birthday Fun Card begins to smoke, get away immediately. Seek shelter and cover head."

"Do not taunt Birthday Fun Card."

:dance3:

* one last bump before the New Year *

Who will be the first to take advantage of this offer?

Report your experience here and win a very special prize ...
absolutely nothing :lmao:

The first? No, but we are going and taking advantage next week!! DBF will be getting himself the fun card to spend however he wants to. :)

OMG, I can't believe I call myself a Disney freak! :scared:
I didn't know about this. :confused3

I guess life has been so wacky these few months that I just didn't think we would make it to DL anytime soon.:sad1:

BUT I HAVE GREAT NEWS!!!!:cheer2:

WE ARE GOING FOR DD BIRTHDAY!!!!:woohoo:

SO I have a question for you all. I just registered her and her birthday is the 13th of Jan. YES, I know you all can beat me later..... but this is seirous buisness folks, I need to know if I blew it or if they will send me an email this week.
Anyone have any ideas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter