Free admission on your birthday intro + FAQ + gift card T&C

did i do this right? I went to the link provided and signed up through the "get free ticket" link, but it doesnt say anything about having an ap or not ( which I have) so when I go on my birthday instead of getting a ticket I can get the fun pass??? or did i have to register to get the fun pass somewhere else?

So if you already have an AP, you can still get one of the other gifts and you do that by going to a ticket booth correct?

That is how I read it... I registered. My birthday is on a Sunday! My daughters is during our Spring break! Just hope we are not blocked out on her date for 2009. My son's is on a Monday so unless we drive down after school that he won't get to visit.
We are all AP holders.. Wonder how much the cash gift card will be for if we have APs?

But it is a great promotion... And I do agree with a previous poster... This will not cost Disney much $$ - it will bring in $$

...Just hope we are not blocked out on her date...

ooh, interesting point. That's the one way the AP holders do sort of get shut out of taking advantage of this. If you have an AP other than premium and your birthday lands during a block out date. Boo. :(

Unless... okay, you print out your email thing, bring it to the ticket booth, get your shopping card and use it at DtD???

Hmmm.....

That's another point of ambiguity - if you have an AP that is not good for admission on your birthday.
On another board, a poster suggested you buy a blockout ticket for $40 and get the $69 Birthday gift card.
The statement in the FAQ does not specifically mention the blockout ticket, so it's unclear as if this scheme would work.

What if someone prefers the gift card (say, for World of Disney) to admission and just says that they can get in to the park with a hopper or pass- would they need to show that?

So if you already have an AP, you can still get one of the other gifts and you do that by going to a ticket booth correct?
I was wondering the same thing when I first heard about this. I have an AP, as does everyone in my family, so that wouldn't be a draw at all for us.

However, my birthday is coming up in a few weeks, and I just got this in my email!

"A Disney Birthday Present For Every Passholder!

Since birthdays are the one celebration we all share, let's start with a magical birthday present. On your birthday in 2009, you can receive free admission to one of the Theme Parks of the Disneyland Resort. Or if you use your Pass for admission on your birthday, you can choose one of the following magical birthday presents:

• A special birthday FASTPASS® ticket† for certain attractions at the Theme Park you visit on your birthday; or
  • A Birthday Fun Card in an amount equal to the price of a 1-Day/1-Park Disneyland® Resort ticket*, which can be used at participating locations for select merchandise, in-Park Disney's PhotoPass® services and tour experiences; or
  • A 1-Day/1-Park Disneyland® Resort ticket for you to use any time until your next birthday."

:yay:

I was wondering the same thing when I first heard about this. I have an AP, as does everyone in my family, so that wouldn't be a draw at all for us.

However, my birthday is coming up in a few weeks, and I just got this in my email!

"A Disney Birthday Present For Every Passholder!

Since birthdays are the one celebration we all share, let's start with a magical birthday present. On your birthday in 2009, you can receive free admission to one of the Theme Parks of the Disneyland Resort. Or if you use your Pass for admission on your birthday, you can choose one of the following magical birthday presents:

:yay:

Although your birthday may be coming up in a few weeks, this promotion is not actually scheduled to start until 2009. I think you'll have a year and a few weeks to wait. Sorry.:flower3:
That just gives you lots of time to decide which alternative 'gift' you'd like for next year! :thumbsup2

Thanks for posting this! I just had my b-day a few days ago and of course it was during a school day. Bleh. So that's why I went to DLR on Sunday, but I want me a fun card! So next year after school on my b-day, I'm totally going to do some Disney shopping!

DisDancerina ~ if 12/25 is your B~day I'm sure they'll let you participate, it's your B~day.

I doubt we'll participate, DS's B~day is 4/20, our last trip started on his B~day but I doubt that we'll ever take an April trip again (Easter was in March this year) DD's B~day is 7/3 & mine is 8/8 ~ crowds, heat & DD's the day b4 the 4th no thanks!

Too bad there is nothing special for anniveraries. We are already planning that. We had planned to go at the start of June but DH's birthday is at the end of June. Maybe we will have to go back down to "visit my sister" and run over the park on his birthday to get his shopping spree. Of course, I would help him spend it. :lmao:

What if your birthday is February 29?

Not sure if it's right, but I read elsewhere that legally, your birthday occurs on February 28 in non-leap years.

My youngest brother's B~day is 2/29 ~ so the majority of the time his B~day is celebrated 2/28, I also have a nephew who was born this year on Leap Day. My bro celebrated his 5th actual B~day this year!!

Although your birthday may be coming up in a few weeks, this promotion is not actually scheduled to start until 2009. I think you'll have a year and a few weeks to wait. Sorry.:flower3:
That just gives you lots of time to decide which alternative 'gift' you'd like for next year! :thumbsup2
I wasn't planning to go to DL in two weeks, but thank you for the sympathy on my birthday, I could use it. :lmao:

I was referring to the timeliness of the email, when the 2009 campaign had just been announced and I had questions about "what good is this for an AP holder?" ;)

And call me sucker, I'm seriously thinking I might have to go again in Oct. 2009... :rolleyes1

I noticed it says "merchandise" and details out other things, but specifically doesn't list out Dining! I bet you can't use it for that!
And, I bet this will bring in big $$$ for Disneyland. If for no other reason than I'd say at least 95% of the time people don't come on their own. So, you get the cost of the admission for everyone else, the cost of food for everyone, and the merchandise everyone is purchasing.
All in all, though, I'm in! Either $69 to spend, or free admission to the park (and then to use towards renewal of my AP, which expires two days before my b-day!) I'd love to hand over my DD's to her and tell her to go have fun shopping, too! I think my DS's might have a tough time spending it all, but then again, I can always help them!

I noticed it says "merchandise" and details out other things, but specifically doesn't list out Dining! I bet you can't use it for that!

You are correct. Food and beverages are not included.

"The Birthday Fun Card may not be used towards the payment of Walt Disney World® or Disneyland® Resort Hotel room night folio charges, or a Disney Cruise Line® reservation aboard Disney Cruise Line®, or towards the purchase of any food and beverage items, alcohol, cigarettes, spa services and products, or personal services such as face painting, caricature drawings, hair braiding, and hair wrapping."

Might be easier to just list where it IS accepted, when looking at the Birthday Fun Card terms and conditions.

Just realized (OK I didn't realize it, I googled it) that my b'day is on a holiday Monday next year. Yeek. What's Columbus Day weekend's Monday like? Memorial Day weekend's Monday wasn't bad this year (DS's b'day)...

Disney Dreams, I believe I understand what you have figured out, however, I want to make sure that I do, so, then what it comes down to, is if I have a 2 day p/h, and the third day is my b/d, then I have to pay for that day anyway? how is it free then? man, I am starting to get a headache.
Also, I have been reading the fine print, and I believe that I am correct, when I state, there goes my Marcelines Confectionery shopping idea, with the gift card, if I have a 3 day p/h, to begin with.

HELP PLEASE, AM IN NEED OF A MOTRIN

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter