FP+ line enforcement irregularity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does their appearance matter? Appearance has nothing to do with whether or not they were let through.

Definitely as assumption was made by OP, otherwise why mention. If we get past the description of the guests, I can say that I have seen people scam their way through the FP line.

The people I saw knew what they were doing, 1 person in their party told the rest of their party just to follow him, based on over hearing the conversation it was obvious that he was just going to tell CM it is was a technical issue (while he knew it was not), he boasted how he always does it. I did mention it the CM but without holding up the line and causing an issue (which as a guest is not my responsibility) the CM had them pass through.

Regardless of any racial stereotyping/assumptions being made here....guests at WDW need to stop acting like Line Police. So two guys got ahead of you on a handful of rides? Even if they didn't deserve to, they inconvenienced you by--at most--a minute and a half over the course of your otherwise lovely Disney vacation. As Elsa would say, "let it go."

Whenever you scan your band or card at a point your name pops up on a screen (I know, because I watched them do it at Frozen M&G and saw peoples names show up). Perhaps the two gentlemen were VIPs and when their name popped up on screen it indicated they were VIP, hence allowing them to enter with no problems.

Regardless of any racial stereotyping/assumptions being made here....guests at WDW need to stop acting like Line Police. So two guys got ahead of you on a handful of rides? Even if they didn't deserve to, they inconvenienced you by--at most--a minute and a half over the course of your otherwise lovely Disney vacation. As Elsa would say, "let it go."

It is my belief that it is happening more and more which does impact my experience. If CM's would be consistent less people would try to scam the system and flow of guest would improve.

It is my belief that it is happening more and more which does impact my experience. If CM's would be consistent less people would try to scam the system and flow of guest would improve.

What evidence do you have that supports this belief?

But that's not what the poster's experience was. He was giving the whole story. To leave OUT race and description is another form of 'ism".

(heh, heh, made an assumption without reading the OP's name...since so many of us here are female, I wrote "she")

THAT is likely the answer, OP.

How is it offensive for the OP to tell a story and wonder what happened? If offense was caused, it would be on the part of the CM who might have been scared. And even that isn't offensive; we are allowed to have feelings, after all. What would be offensive would be to NOT allow access and have them kicked out for their appearance.

I think that's part of the question the OP is asking? I think he's telling the whole story and wondering what went on, or what might have gone on.

How, exactly, do you KNOW that? What if it was?

I think the OP is ASKING. That's not assuming. That's asking. Wondering. Trying to figure it out. Assuming means the OP decided it, fixed it in his head, and never asked the question.

But not in the case of the men in question, it seems.

Why would you assume the OP would not?

Heh heh, interesting.

Pretty sure that's why the OP posted...to get other answers of what might have happened. That answer, a really good one, might very well have been given VERY early on.

Well, if we assume that laidbackdad is also a black man, is the description of the men offensive now? No, not so much. So we're assuming LBD is NOT black. Right? Right. We're assuming (and acting on those assumptions in the way people are responding to LBD) the race/ethnicity of LBD.

This pretty much sums up what I was thinking.
I believe some of the people that claim to be offended are actually more uncomfortable with the topic than they are truly offended. A DAS card may explain the CM's handling of the situation but from witnessing it, I would have to say it was unlikely judging by the reaction of the CM's when the men walked by. You could tell that one of the CM's started to say something then his facial expression just turned to "oh just forget it" and waived the men past. While there still may be other explanations, excluding the men's appearance and the CM's possible reactions is equally unrealistic.

What evidence do you have that supports this belief?

I can only relate my personal experiences. Having visited multiple times over the past few years including 3 times in 2015 with another trip in a couple weeks. I have witnessed inconsistency with allowing people through FP lines. It is not much of a stretch to think that some customers attempt to get over on the system. During our trip in July it seemed to be more people with Blue Lights that a CM would say they do not have a FP, with the line building behind them, some CM's would ask them move to the side and discuss others would allow them through. Do I think it is catastrophic and causing irreparable harm to other guests NO. Do I think that CM's should be consistent in how they address the issue YES. Similar to when 1 or 2 people in a party ahead of me and 5 or 6 other members of the party join them late, it is annoying. I don't let it impact my day, but doesn't mean it should be allowed. As lines get longer, parks get more crowded, and there is less civility and common respect for those around you these issue become more prevalent. Can I give you statistical analysis no, all I'm doing is giving my opinion.

Do I think it is catastrophic and causing irreparable harm to other guests NO. Do I think that CM's should be consistent in how they address the issue YES.

This. Nobody said we're acting like the "line police." It's not like it ruins our day, or I get all upset about it and complain to CMs. Very simply, I do not appreciate it when I follow the rules and others don't.

I felt like it would've been easy for my party to have abused the system once we realized the CMs were unconcerned about 2 people using the same MagicBand. It made me feel guilty. I wonder if people saw the blue Mickeys when we went through the line and wondered if we were getting preferential treatment. We were prepared to show the correct ticket, but in our experience, they were only concerned with keeping the line moving and quickly moved us forward. I suppose the CMs choose their battles based on various factors.

Multiply it by 50 and see if you still think it doesn't impact you.

AGREE. MYOB as we learned in.....KINDERGARTEN. We use a DAS ( and GAC before that) and I can't tell you how many snarky comments we've heard over the years. Guess what, we don't care, nor do I feel the need to explain our situation to anyone. Can't believe the stories we hear about fights in lines because someone tried to police the line. Was it worth it? Geez.

Something else we learned in Kindergarten? Follow the rules.

But, in many situations (such as the OP's,) the person doing the complaining has no way of knowing whether any rules were broken. There are at least half a dozen perfectly reasonable explanations for what the OP witnessed. If you don't have all of the facts then the wise thing to do is to acknowledge that and then mind your own business.

This pretty much sums up what I was thinking.
I believe some of the people that claim to be offended are actually more uncomfortable with the topic than they are truly offended. A DAS card may explain the CM's handling of the situation but from witnessing it, I would have to say it was unlikely judging by the reaction of the CM's when the men walked by. You could tell that one of the CM's started to say something then his facial expression just turned to "oh just forget it" and waived the men past. While there still may be other explanations, excluding the men's appearance and the CM's possible reactions is equally unrealistic.

I'm not at all uncomfortable discussing this. Unfortunately, I'm well aware that it is a possibility. The problem is that you have no proof or even reason to believe it other than your own bias, and even worse, you're posting it on the internet. Please stop projecting your own issues onto CMs. There are thousands of possibilities; you just brought up the one that seemed likely to you. Says more about you than anyone else in the situation.

On my last trip to WDW I observed what appeared to be some irregularities in the enforcement of guest entering the FP+ line at some of the attractions. I was hesitant to bring this topic up because it probably has potential to be a touchy subject; but, I thought it may be worth discussing and maybe someone could shed some light on the subject. I hope any discussion remains civil.

When you have to start a thread/post with a disclaimer it really doesn't help your cause to feign innocence. ;)

If you don't have all of the facts then the wise thing to do is to acknowledge that and then mind your own business.

Hey! Another thing I learned in Kindergarten.... MYOB!

ETA: yes, there is an echo in here!

Last edited:
I know to many, this post will seem totally:offtopic: . But I just gotta.

My favorite Disney movie ever is the Whitney Houston version of Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella. Yes, I love a good musical. Yes, the story is timeless. And yes, the singing is wonderful. But none of those make it my favorite. What does?

That they cast the best actors for each part, regardless of race or ethnicity. That in a fantasy film, they left the requirements of genetics behind, and stayed in fantasy. And that, because each actor is so good playing his or her part, it works. Helping each of us to leave behind our "taught expectations" of what we expect people to be like because of how they look, and instead experience who they (or the characters they play) are.

Pretty freakin' awesome for a fantasy film.

And now I will step down off my soapbox.

I don't believe that this topic is going to be helpful to folks planning a Disney vacation and since it seems as though it's run its course here, I'm closing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter