• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP+ Details Are Out!

I have a trip coming up soon and having using this site for its wealth of knowledge and I am very appreciative. I am wonder though are you seeing this because you linked your tickets or with a room reservation? Just curious because I have never seen it or anything like it. I mostly use the mobile app, I am staying offsite and I have yet to link my tix. Which not sure if I should link my tix with all the issues the MDX site is going through. TIA for any info.

My tickets are on a package with hotel, so they are already listed. The Fastpass+ on the drop down menu on the website with the MDE at the top is gone and I haven't seen it pop up in a few days.

where it gives me the choice to choose ticket or magicband, only the hard plastic KTTK ticket shows to click on. I am waiting though, hoping I get a magicband...although we know that is highly unlikely. I am nearing my 60 days out though. I am not holding my breath. It would just be fun to try something new at the world.

Uhm, have you noticed that the Fastpass + picture is showing THE ASTRO ORBITER! :rolleyes2

I can't even imagine how slow that standby line would be if they start giving FP+ slots priority. We might never ride it again.

Note to self: Be sure to ride it one last time at DLR this year.

Just signed into the WDW site to check out a reservation and this showed up on the reservation page.

9233368503_2f8677fa74.jpg

There was no where to click to try and make reservations however.

So cool!

Fastpass for quick serve restaurants... I'm still wondering about this part of it.

Fastpass for quick serve restaurants... I'm still wondering about this part of it.

I've only heard about it being tested at BoG, where basically you checked in at an exclusive location, sat down, and the food was delivered to you.

I believe the early concept in general was that you'd be able to pre-order your lunch online, arrive at your selected time, scan and pay. The food would be ready or available shortly. You save time in a shorter line and don't have to make decisions while standing there. Whether this rolls out at all is still in question.

Just signed into the WDW site to check out a reservation and this showed up on the reservation page.

9233368503_2f8677fa74.jpg

There was no where to click to try and make reservations however.

I had that last week and it's gone now. It does make me think that it's getting closer though. Tick tock, tick tock. Just have to wait and see. popcorn::

i can say that yesterday on the MDE, it showed all 5 guests in our party as confirmed for our MYW passes and then my DS12 a second time as a 6th guest, not yet confirmed.

Today it shows 4 of us as confirmed but my DS12 is not listed under tickets at all now. However, it does show all 5 of us correctly as resort guests and as My Family.

currently all of our ADR's are correct.

One thing that has been consistent is that everytime select a different option under MDE, i have to login again.

One thing that has been consistent is that everytime select a different option under MDE, i have to login again.

LOL That's true for me too. I have to log in about once every 5 minutes on that site, if not more.

GAC is unrelated. The new system should mess up everyone on an equal basis.
Thank you for replying. It does sound very complicated and we have just booked our first trip for next yr thinking with a gac it might be possible to go with my son but probably wouldn't be able to do fantasmic. If they change gac it would be pouring money down the drain for us.

Help! We are going at the end of August. Having anxiety over this already. I have already bought my park passes and we are staying at Bonnet Creek. Is the fast pass+ system going to be up and running when we go down in August. His can I get this if it is up and running. Soooooo used to the old system and am worried we will be standing in lines because of this new system.
Thanks

Help! We are going at the end of August. Having anxiety over this already. I have already bought my park passes and we are staying at Bonnet Creek. Is the fast pass+ system going to be up and running when we go down in August. His can I get this if it is up and running. Soooooo used to the old system and am worried we will be standing in lines because of this new system.
Thanks

Nobody knows, but I'd put serious money on "no".

Thanks

As said many times in this thread, no one knows for sure, but it still seems unlikely. In addition, since you staying off-site (bonnet Creek is technically off-property, albeit you can't get in/out without going through WDW), you will very likely not be eligible for some time after the rollout begins, as they will likely start with on-site guests first.

given that there's only been a 2 resort test so far, i'd fully expect to see a larger test market perhaps next month or September.

Thank you for replying. It does sound very complicated and we have just booked our first trip for next yr thinking with a gac it might be possible to go with my son but probably wouldn't be able to do fantasmic. If they change gac it would be pouring money down the drain for us.

I read where someone was reporting they were told that changes were coming to GAC sooner rather than later but didn't have any details. That sounds real official huh?? :rotfl: Something to help with the abuses that have been going on with the system. In no way am I saying that's what you doing!

Hi everyone!

I've been away from the boards for a while since I didn't think we would be returning to WDW any time soon, but now it looks like I am able to plan a trip for February for President's Day Week. Since I was away I have no longer been following the whole FP+ business.

So can someone correct me if I'm wrong about this plan I have in my head to deal with FP+ since I'm assuming it will be rolled out by then:

I'm thinking we will still hit RD at the parks, go on everything we can stand by and then use FP+ for late afternoon or night time rides.... From what everyone knows about FP+ does this sound possible? Is it still going to be only three fastpasses per day? Thanks!!!

Hi everyone!

I've been away from the boards for a while since I didn't think we would be returning to WDW any time soon, but now it looks like I am able to plan a trip for February for President's Day Week. Since I was away I have no longer been following the whole FP+ business.

So can someone correct me if I'm wrong about this plan I have in my head to deal with FP+ since I'm assuming it will be rolled out by then:

1. I'm thinking we will still hit RD at the parks, go on everything we can stand by and then use FP+ for late afternoon or night time rides.... From what everyone knows about FP+ does this sound possible?

2. Is it still going to be only three fastpasses per day? Thanks!!!

1. Yes, sounds possible and a popular strategy here based only on what we currently know--which isn't much.

2. That's the best we've heard. Still could change--who knows?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter