FP+ Details Are Out!

I have not linked my tickets (we have AP's) or room reservation and I still had the FP+ notice come up on my account :)

I wouldn't recommend linking tickets, I've heard of too many issues with this

I have a trip coming up soon and having using this site for its wealth of knowledge and I am very appreciative. I am wonder though are you seeing this because you linked your tickets or with a room reservation? Just curious because I have never seen it or anything like it. I mostly use the mobile app, I am staying offsite and I have yet to link my tix. Which not sure if I should link my tix with all the issues the MDX site is going through. TIA for any info.

I just had this come up on my MDE. Anytime you click on a link, it comes up with the "flustered Donald" image or to the general WDW FAQ's.

Selections Before You Even Leave Home
Later this year, FASTPASS service will be taken to the next level with the introduction of FastPass+. Reserve access in advance for more experiences than ever before to enjoy less time waiting in line.

FastPass+ is designed to be fun, flexible and easy.
For years, Disneys FASTPASS service has been a great way for you to save time waiting in line for popular attractions. Soon, FastPass+ service will let you be free to enjoy the moment with others, knowing many of your must-do activities are secured in advance.

Not only will you spend less time waiting in line for attractions, youll be able to reserve access to select FastPass+ attractions, entertainment, fireworks and other activities before you arrive.

Its easy to secure same-time FastPass+ selections for everyone in your group by connecting to them first using Family & Friends. And you can update your FastPass+ selections anytime, anywhere using the My Disney Experience mobile app.

Select FastPass+ options at your leisure.
Once FastPass+ service is available, sign in to My Disney Experience and pick the selections that work best for you. The arrival window times will be added automatically to your plans. At the park, proceed to the FASTPASS entrance and hold your MagicBand or card to the touch point sensornothing could be easier.

If you arent sure where to start, select a FastPicks recommendation instead. With FastPicks, quickly add multiple FastPass+ arrival window times to your plans so youll be ready for fun.

Which locations will accept FastPass+?
Youll have so many choiceswith nearly twice as many experiences to select from including:
More attractions than ever before
Many popular Character Greetings
Viewing areas for parades and fireworks
Select shows
And perhaps the best thing of all is that FastPass+ service will be included with your theme park admission.

When can I begin requesting FastPass+ arrival times?
Currently, FastPass+ service is being tested with a limited number of randomly selected participants as we prepare to roll it out to all Guests over the coming months. We know that many of you are excited to give FastPass+ a try, and we ask for your patience during this testing period.

In the meantime, same-day FASTPASS service is still available, so that everyone will have the opportunity to spend less time waiting in line and more time enjoying the parks.

Read Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about how FastPass+ service works.

Select FastPass+ options at your leisure.
Once FastPass+ service is available, sign in to My Disney Experience and pick the selections that work best for you. The arrival window times will be added automatically to your plans. At the park, proceed to the FASTPASS entrance and hold your MagicBand or card to the touch point sensornothing could be easier.

When they say "the arrival window times will be added automatically to your plans" does anyone think this could possibly mean that we will not even be picking our own return times?? Might the 'selections' we get to pick only include the attractions and the standard "morning, afternoon, evening" options with them then giving us the times??? Yuck!:crazy2:
I guess anything is possible, but this possibility makes me cringe - the ONLY thing I like the thought of less than having to pick my own ride times 60 days in advance is the thought of disney picking my ride times for me.

When they say "the arrival window times will be added automatically to your plans" does anyone think this could possibly mean that we will not even be picking our own return times?? Might the 'selections' we get to pick only include the attractions and the standard "morning, afternoon, evening" options with them then giving us the times??? Yuck!:crazy2:
I guess anything is possible, but this possibility makes me cringe - the ONLY thing I like the thought of less than having to pick my own ride times 60 days in advance is the thought of disney picking my ride times for me.

No, I take it to mean that the times will be added to your "plans" in the MDX system...it creates itineraries for you for each day.

No, I take it to mean that the times will be added to your "plans" in the MDX system...

it creates itineraries for you for each day.

And, randomly posts them on various stranger's accounts.

(And, I am only a little bit kidding.)

And, randomly posts them on various stranger's accounts.

(And, I am only a little bit kidding.)

:lmao: Currently all my ADR's are showing up in our account but for the wrong day (in reality they are all correct)

It has also told me that I have an O'hana reservation for 3am (I assure you we won't be going at that time!)

So I don't have much hope for FP+

If you arent sure where to start, select a FastPicks recommendation instead. With FastPicks, quickly add multiple FastPass+ arrival window times to your plans so youll be ready for fun.

"FastPicks"? Haven't heard that term before. Just what we needed...another new term! ;)

The tester who was on here reporting said she was given the "morning, afternoon, evening or all day" choice when making her initial FP+ selections, but once she made them, she could then change the actual return times.

Oooo. I am so ready for the fun. The system just gave me my FastPicks and I have a reserved time for IASW, Tom Sawyers's Island and Stitch! I am the luckiest visitor yet! :scared:

The tester who was on here reporting said she was given the "morning, afternoon, evening or all day" choice when making her initial FP+ selections, but once she made them, she could then change the actual return times.
Yup...I can confirm that! :thumbsup2

Oooo. I am so ready for the fun. The system just gave me my FastPicks and I have a reserved time for IASW, Tom Sawyers's Island and Stitch! I am the luckiest visitor yet! :scared:

Congrats!

You have just been the lucky recipient of a random drive-by "FastPicking!"

So only slightly better. You are assigned a time initially and have to manually change it if it's not what you want.

Who ever said FP+ was going to be complicated? Sounds easy as pie!

You jest, but if the system is tiered, at least one of your three FP+s will probably be something as exciting as the ones you've listed.

We're heading west to DLR this year (where they are still debating FP enforcement and thankfully FP+ isn't even on the radar yet) so I have been watching this unfold for WDW for future reference.

But I had a good friend just book a trip for October. So I thought I'd keep her posted on how this is going. It just dawned on me that it will be entirely worthless to her. They are going because her daughter is about to undergo hip surgery. They don't know yet which headline rides she will even be able to ride or if any of them will ride the things she cannot. They planned on checking with the doctor right before leaving to see what she is clear to do.
But it just dawned on me that many of their FP opportunities could have sailed before they even know what they'll be able to ride.

mom2rtk said:
We're heading west to DLR this year (where they are still debating FP enforcement and thankfully FP+ isn't even on the radar yet) so I have been watching this unfold for WDW for future reference.

But I had a good friend just book a trip for October. So I thought I'd keep her posted on how this is going. It just dawned on me that it will be entirely worthless to her. They are going because her daughter is about to undergo hip surgery. They don't know yet which headline rides she will even be able to ride or if any of them will ride the things she cannot. They planned on checking with the doctor right before leaving to see what she is clear to do.
But it just dawned on me that many of their FP opportunities could have sailed before they even know what they'll be able to ride.

I don't think there's wiggle room at DLR anymore, either. In March, they were already enforcing FP return times when we were there, unless that has been rocked back. The DLR website was recently updated to match the current WDW design, too, just without the MDE button in the navbar, but including the new-style "GPS" top-down maps. Seems like they're getting ready to move forward there, too.

I don't think there's wiggle room at DLR anymore, either. In March, they were already enforcing FP return times when we were there, unless that has been rocked back. The DLR website was recently updated to match the current WDW design, too, just without the MDE button in the navbar, but including the new-style "GPS" top-down maps. Seems like they're getting ready to move forward there, too.

Oh, I knew the FP enforcement would have no wiggle room once it started. But honestly with all the complications coming from FP+ that sounds far preferable. I just don't think FP+ will come to DLR until it is running smoothly at WDW. Anyone have a guess on when that will happen? :lmao:

You jest, but if the system is tiered, at least one of your three FP+s will probably be something as exciting as the ones you've listed.

That is why I do not see the new system as favorable to me. I am not a 'power-user'. But we do pull FP for 3 or 4 e-tickets per day, and wait standby for all others. Tiered FP+'s is a downgrade. :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter