Four Parks, One Dope: A 2015 Dopey Challenge Trip Report!

It's great that you weren't too tired and got to have a nice breakfast with your friends and some time at HS before you left. My BFFs also live in different states so I feel your pain there. :sad2:

I really enjoyed reading along with your trip report, thanks for sharing. It's got me thinking maybe I could run a little Disney race someday, seems like a lot of fun. ::yes::

Have fun planning your next trip. :)

Great report loved all of it!

We ate at Ohanas in July, the characters did flock to my little sister most of the time but we still got pictures.

Loved following you dopey adventure. It only made me want to do it myself. If not next year hopefully within the next couple I'll get to do it.

RunDisney is really a great part of Disney that I didn't know much about until I did a race. They are seriously amazing at what they do.

I thought the weather could've been better for being in the parks but for the races I thought it was great.

Hopefully I get to stay at the boardwalk someday it look like a great resort I've never had the chance to stay at any deluxe.

It's great that you weren't too tired and got to have a nice breakfast with your friends and some time at HS before you left. My BFFs also live in different states so I feel your pain there. :sad2:
It is a little bit of a bummer. We text all the time but it's just not the same. :sad2:
I really enjoyed reading along with your trip report, thanks for sharing. It's got me thinking maybe I could run a little Disney race someday, seems like a lot of fun. ::yes::
Thank you so much for following! And I think you could totally do a Disney race someday - running, walking, or a combination. Doesn't matter! :)
Have fun planning your next trip. :)
Thank you! Planning IS half the fun. :)
Great report loved all of it!
Thanks!!
We ate at Ohanas in July, the characters did flock to my little sister most of the time but we still got pictures.
Yeah, they didn't come to the rest of us at all after seeing the kiddo. I was not impressed!
Loved following you dopey adventure. It only made me want to do it myself. If not next year hopefully within the next couple I'll get to do it.
I hope you get to do it too! It was awesome!
RunDisney is really a great part of Disney that I didn't know much about until I did a race. They are seriously amazing at what they do.
They absolutely are. They pretty much have these race weekends down to a science. :)
I thought the weather could've been better for being in the parks but for the races I thought it was great.
I agree. Note to self: bring layers!! Lots of layers!
Hopefully I get to stay at the boardwalk someday it look like a great resort I've never had the chance to stay at any deluxe.
I hope you get to! Boardwalk is my favorite for now, but Animal Kingdom Lodge and Grand Floridian are up there for me, too :)

Last edited:
Fantastic report!! Thanks so much for writing and congratulations on your amazing accomplishment!!!

YAYYYY Okay so I just read like 2 days worth of your report, and I absolutely love how you documented the whole thing. Congratulations on finishing!! Your TR was great too.

Unexpectedly, I got choked up. You know how sometimes you have a day where pretty much everything goes your way? The stars just align and things are almost perfect? This was that day for me. I had really, really enjoyed pretty much every step of this marathon, and I was thrilled - not that I was done, but that this experience had been so great. I think the pro photos from the marathon really capture that, which is a big reason why I plunked down the cash for these pictures.

I love the photos and I am so glad you were able to share them with us.. you'll have some great pictures from this weekend to remember. :)

Lulu brought out some bread for us (sourdough and onion pull-apart) along with salted butter and roasted garlic.

We ate here in September.. omg, the rolls are outstanding. I am now salivating to go back. Haha.

...and that Yachtsman is now a must-do on every trip for us. :thumbsup2 Seriously, I still cannot get over how good that dinner was.

We LOVED it! We also contemplated others.. CA grill, Le Cellier, etc.. but it's so worth it. Did you like the mac and cheese? We found it to be a little too onion-y.

Come to think of it, when I went to 'Ohana after Goofy in 2013 the characters weren't fun to interact with at all. :scratchin Hmm...

The Ohana breakfast looks amazing :thumbsup2

Sorry to hear your flight got delayed! We're from Erie so not too far away from you guys. Congratulations on an epic race weekend. I've run 3 1/2 marathons and I'm always dead for a week afterwards.. I am sure you were exhausted!!

It was overcast all day, but I don't remember getting rained on.

That's because you left before the downpours! :laughing: Seriously, in the afternoon it just rained and rained and got pretty cold. Ruined my DATW! On the bright side, when it did eventually stop, we got to enjoy a pretty empty DH during EMH.

Wow, your TR is awesome! I don't run AT ALL but somehow my daughter talked me into the W&D in November this year. I am looking for some 5Ks in my area to help get ready and have a 6 month training plan to use later in the spring. Right now I am just walking, walking, walking! Your reports are so inspiring and interesting! And I LOVE all the pics! My DD and I are headed to WDW for our very first trip on the 23 of this month and your pics make me look forward to it so much more! Enjoy Disneyland! That was our park of choice for years as we are from California! Looking forward to reading more about your trips and races!

So much bling! What an amazing accomplishment. I love reading your trip report, I hope you decide to share after your next races!

Awesome job on completing Dopey! You are an inspiration!

I am so sad that your trip report is now over - I love reading them!

Hurry up and go to DL and do a TR! :)

Congrats!! Have really enjoyed your report and all the BLING. Keep training, and look forward to the next report.

Just binged this entire TR while on a sick day and loved it! What an awesome accomplishment!!!!!
Im hoping to be able to sign up for something in 2016!!!

Fantastic report!! Thanks so much for writing and congratulations on your amazing accomplishment!!!
Thank you!! Thanks for reading! :goodvibes
YAYYYY Okay so I just read like 2 days worth of your report, and I absolutely love how you documented the whole thing. Congratulations on finishing!! Your TR was great too.
Thank you!! :)
I love the photos and I am so glad you were able to share them with us.. you'll have some great pictures from this weekend to remember. :)
Thanks! Yeah, I'm sure I could have chopped a lot of time off of my races without the photos...but what's the fun in that?!
We ate here in September.. omg, the rolls are outstanding. I am now salivating to go back. Haha.
Me too. I've been feeling like I've been going through Yachtsman withdrawals ever since I got home!! :sad:
We LOVED it! We also contemplated others.. CA grill, Le Cellier, etc.. but it's so worth it. Did you like the mac and cheese? We found it to be a little too onion-y.
I LOVED the mac & cheese! :teeth: I could see how it wouldn't be for everyone though!
The Ohana breakfast looks amazing :thumbsup2
It was! Even though the character interaction wasn't the best, the food there makes up for it!
Sorry to hear your flight got delayed! We're from Erie so not too far away from you guys. Congratulations on an epic race weekend. I've run 3 1/2 marathons and I'm always dead for a week afterwards.. I am sure you were exhausted!!
Yeah, I have not had great flight luck lately. But at least we made it back eventually!

Thanks for the congrats! After a few days of sleeping in I felt good as new, thankfully. :)
That's because you left before the downpours! :laughing: Seriously, in the afternoon it just rained and rained and got pretty cold. Ruined my DATW! On the bright side, when it did eventually stop, we got to enjoy a pretty empty DH during EMH.
UGH! Well boo to the downpours but YAY to empty EMH!! That's always a good thing! :)
Wow, your TR is awesome! I don't run AT ALL but somehow my daughter talked me into the W&D in November this year. I am looking for some 5Ks in my area to help get ready and have a 6 month training plan to use later in the spring. Right now I am just walking, walking, walking! Your reports are so inspiring and interesting! And I LOVE all the pics! My DD and I are headed to WDW for our very first trip on the 23 of this month and your pics make me look forward to it so much more! Enjoy Disneyland! That was our park of choice for years as we are from California! Looking forward to reading more about your trips and races!
I LOVE Wine & Dine - that is my favorite runDisney race besides the marathon! I hope you love it! :) Sounds like you are doing a good job getting ready!

I'm SO excited for Disneyland, but I know WDW like the back of my hand so it's odd getting ready to go to a place that seems familiar, yet totally different at the same time, ya know?

Have a FANTASTIC trip!! :)
So much bling! What an amazing accomplishment. I love reading your trip report, I hope you decide to share after your next races!
Thank you for reading! I'm sure I'll pop in again with a Dumbo + 5K trip report...I just love to blab on and on about the races. :)
Awesome job on completing Dopey! You are an inspiration!
Thanks Steph!! :)
I am so sad that your trip report is now over - I love reading them!
I'm a little sad, too. I really love writing them.
Hurry up and go to DL and do a TR! :)
Hmmm...OKAY. If I could leave now I totally would...it's been one of those weeks. :sad2:
Congrats!! Have really enjoyed your report and all the BLING. Keep training, and look forward to the next report.
Thank you! Don't worry, always training over here. :) I want to move up a corral or two in Disneyland!!
Just binged this entire TR while on a sick day and loved it! What an awesome accomplishment!!!!!
Im hoping to be able to sign up for something in 2016!!!
Oooh, I LOVE binging TRs. Always a fun thing to do!!

Thanks for reading and I hope you feel better soon and that you'll be running Disney in 2016! :)

Congratulations on Dopey! I had a great time reading your trip report, and it makes me look forward to Dopey 2016 even more! I was going to ask about all the pictures you take, but you answered that. I was hoping to use my phone to take photos as well. The iPhone 6 does take amazing photos.

I think I am most excited about the bling, and shirts! Good luck with your future races and training!

Congratulations on Dopey! I had a great time reading your trip report, and it makes me look forward to Dopey 2016 even more! I was going to ask about all the pictures you take, but you answered that. I was hoping to use my phone to take photos as well. The iPhone 6 does take amazing photos.

I think I am most excited about the bling, and shirts! Good luck with your future races and training!
Thank you! :) Yep, very pleased with how my iPhone 6+ performed, photo-wise. No more point-and-shoot for me!!

Good luck with Dopey 2016 - you will LOVE IT!! :teeth:

"I LOVE Wine & Dine - that is my favorite runDisney race besides the marathon! I hope you love it! :) Sounds like you are doing a good job getting ready!

I'm SO excited for Disneyland, but I know WDW like the back of my hand so it's odd getting ready to go to a place that seems familiar, yet totally different at the same time, ya know? "

Thanks, I know we will! You will love Disneyland! We stayed at the Grand Californian our last trip and it has it's own entrance into CA! And definitely do the hopper tickets because you can walk back and forth all day. It's an easy walk also to Downtown Disney.

I am very excited because I just signed up for my first 5K!

I really enjoyed reading this! Congrats!! I won't be doing a marathon, but I will go to the Yachtsman!

I loved your TR! I'm trying to get started running (did my first 5K in the fall and hope to do another this spring with my daughter)....and hope to work up to doing some Disney races. I'm sure I saw this in your TR somewhere, but where did you find your cute running shirts for each costume?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter