Four Parks, One Dope: A 2015 Dopey Challenge Trip Report!

Hey there!! Finished your TR, it was brilliant! Thanks so much for sharing, I love how much detail you put in these reports it makes a great read and so helpful too.
Thanks Karen! Glad you found it helpful.
It sounds like you had a fantastic weekend, your training really paid off and you got the Marathon weekend you deserved. CONGRATULATIONS!!
I really did have a great weekend! :) I was reading a thread on FB where someone asked past Dopey runners if they'd do it again, and I said yes...then later read a reply from someone that said no, because her experience was so perfect that she knew any subsequent Dopey weekends could never live up to the first one. :eek: I hope that's not the case for me!
Our Minnie sparkle skirts arrive... IN LOVE WITH IT!! I can see this becoming a problem!
RIGHT?! Seriously they are soooo addicting. I recently started some individual customs (including a Disney one!) and I can see that being even MORE addicting. I definitely have a problem...won't run in anything else!
Looking forward to your next thread...
Thanks! :)

RIGHT?! Seriously they are soooo addicting. I recently started some individual customs (including a Disney one!) and I can see that being even MORE addicting. I definitely have a problem...won't run in anything else!

So I'm a little bit a afriad to ask because clearly I have enough Disney addictions already but what do you mean by individual customs?

So I'm a little bit a afriad to ask because clearly I have enough Disney addictions already but what do you mean by individual customs?
You find your own fabric, send it to SparkleSkirts and they make a skirt for you. You pick what cut of skirt you want, what fabric is on the pockets, etc. The downside is that they cost more than the regular stock skirts and the wait time is about 16-20 weeks.

I saw someone post some fabric on eBay that is a Mickey & Minnie print - my friend and I are each getting a skirt made out of it. Should be ready in late July, I hope! :wizard:

You find your own fabric, send it to SparkleSkirts and they make a skirt for you. You pick what cut of skirt you want, what fabric is on the pockets, etc. The downside is that they cost more than the regular stock skirts and the wait time is about 16-20 weeks.

I saw someone post some fabric on eBay that is a Mickey & Minnie print - my friend and I are each getting a skirt made out of it. Should be ready in late July, I hope! :wizard:

Oh wow that's pretty cool!! Shame about the long wait but I guess that's to be expected... :-)

Tread carefully...Before you know if you have a closet full of skirts. I'm still way low on the skirt count compared to a lot of women, but it's easy to get swept up.

What a fun print!! You have to post pictures when you get it. Are you getting a swing, slim or vented slim? popcorn::

I just signed on for another group custom on the SFZ page. I still haven't even gotten the last group custom I signed up for. :rolleyes1

Oh wow that's pretty cool!! Shame about the long wait but I guess that's to be expected... :-)
Yeah, the individual customs are popular, I guess!
Tread carefully...Before you know if you have a closet full of skirts. I'm still way low on the skirt count compared to a lot of women, but it's easy to get swept up.
Truer words have never been spoken...:worship:
What a fun print!! You have to post pictures when you get it. Are you getting a swing, slim or vented slim? popcorn::
This is the fabric!!
IMG_3085.JPG

Getting it as a swing...actually, I have 4 (!!) individual customs in the works and they'll all be swings. My friend that is also getting the above skirt (Courtney, who was in this trip report) came up with the awesome idea of getting polka dot fabric on the waistband, pockets and cuffs, like the SecretGarden skirts! You can sort of see that here. It's going to be the cutest thing ever.
IMG_3086.JPG

I just signed on for another group custom on the SFZ page. I still haven't even gotten the last group custom I signed up for. :rolleyes1
Which ones?? I know you're signed up for SeaSwirl, right?

I just got CrazyForChevron (which I signed up for in June or July) and I actually ended up getting a vented slim BiradsOfAFeather because someone that originally signed up didn't want it, and she offered it to me since I was on the waiting list. I was also signed up for C'Mon Get Happy (the blue/green/purple version of FlowerPower) but I signed up for a vented slim and I guess the numbers weren't there? So we were given a choice to switch to a different cut or back out entirely. I backed out of the one - I was relieved, over time I didn't like that print as much as I originally thought. Definitely a risk when ordering customs. And they take so long, it's hard to remember what I signed up for. I actually made a Google Doc to keep track of everything because I'm a dork. Consulting my Doc tells me that in addition to the 4 individual customs coming, I am signed up for 5 group customs (!! 2 vented slims, I hope they get enough to make them vented slims). But I just found out that one of the other group customs is going to be made into a stock skirt, so we'll get it sooner and it'll be cheaper!

And my current skirt count stands at...21 (well, it will if they ever ship out the BlackPearl I ordered in February...:headache:)!! So yeah, it's a sickness. :eek: :lovestruc I may need to put a few up for sale at some point.

LOVE.LOVE.LOVE that fabric. And with the polkadot??? Adorable!! That is going to be a super cute skirt.

I just signed up for the one they are calling Irish Lass. They just started the official group yesterday. It's a green plaid. I don't really have much in the way of green skirts and I love the plaids. Hoping for the vented slim to make the cut on numbers. I think Chris and I are going to run our local Shamrock 15K next year for St. Patty's, so I really needed that skirt. :D

And, yes, SeaSwirl is the other one I'm waiting on. 21 skirts! You've really grown your collection. I think I'm up to 8 in hand and now 2 more on order. I've been very tempted to jump on to that Midnight Luau, but I've been trying to keep myself under control. HA! I did finally pick up an Oops a Daisy from someone and then two weeks later they announced they were doing a second run anyway. LOL. But, I do love it, so I'm glad I already have it to enjoy this summer.

LOVE.LOVE.LOVE that fabric. And with the polkadot??? Adorable!! That is going to be a super cute skirt.
Yes! I thought the polka dot idea was genius.
I just signed up for the one they are calling Irish Lass. They just started the official group yesterday. It's a green plaid. I don't really have much in the way of green skirts and I love the plaids. Hoping for the vented slim to make the cut on numbers. I think Chris and I are going to run our local Shamrock 15K next year for St. Patty's, so I really needed that skirt. :D
I thought that's the one you were going to say - I signed up for both that one and the teal plaid. But I'm only going to keep them if the vented slim minimums are reached (which it looks like they will be :teeth:). Actually I was waiting to sign up for the teal one until I saw the posted update. I like the plaid skirts way better as vented slims than as swings.

You TOTALLY need IrishLass for the St. Patty's day run! That will be soooo cute! Hopefully it's ready by then...:eek:
And, yes, SeaSwirl is the other one I'm waiting on. 21 skirts! You've really grown your collection. I think I'm up to 8 in hand and now 2 more on order. I've been very tempted to jump on to that Midnight Luau, but I've been trying to keep myself under control. HA! I did finally pick up an Oops a Daisy from someone and then two weeks later they announced they were doing a second run anyway. LOL. But, I do love it, so I'm glad I already have it to enjoy this summer.
I'm excited for SeaSwirl! I think it's going to be so pretty!

Here are the ones I'm waiting on now...they won't be ready for a loooooong time
- SeaSwirl (swing)
- Namaste (swing) --> this is the one that is going to be made into a stock skirt...the group is in SparkleAddicts. Hopefully they'll add a vented slim option but I'm not counting on it
- MidnightLuau (vented slim) --> I said I'd pay the custom fee if they don't get enough vented slims (and I don't think there will be)
- LadySingsTheBlues (swing)
- IrishLass (vented slim)
- TeachersPet (vented slim)

So my count above was wrong...6 group customs :eek:

Ha ha! It's a sickness really. Well, if the vented slim count is low for MidnightLuau, maybe I will jump in to that as well. The good thing is that I can sign up for these but not have to pay for them for several months. ;)

Ha ha! It's a sickness really. Well, if the vented slim count is low for MidnightLuau, maybe I will jump in to that as well. The good thing is that I can sign up for these but not have to pay for them for several months. ;)
I might have just signed up for Namaste and Midnight Luau. :rolleyes1
You have excellent taste!! :thumbsup2

Two new stock skirts on the website tomorrow....good-bye money!! :faint:

Just read this Dopey report and it has gotten me excited for my first Dopey this January! Your 2012 marathon report really inspired me to take the leap and do my first marathon - the 2013 WDW marathon. Love your writing style and wanted to let you know that you were an inspiration to me! I am addicted to Sparkle Skirts as well - I have the Minnie, Wonder Woman, and the Tink ones but your Mickey/Minnie custom is amazing! They really are the best - the amount of stuff I am able to cram in those pockets is crazy (phone/key/water bottles/nutrition - even a long sleeved running top I shed halfway through a race that I balled up and shoved in there!). So thank you for putting together these race reports!

Just read this Dopey report and it has gotten me excited for my first Dopey this January! Your 2012 marathon report really inspired me to take the leap and do my first marathon - the 2013 WDW marathon. Love your writing style and wanted to let you know that you were an inspiration to me! I am addicted to Sparkle Skirts as well - I have the Minnie, Wonder Woman, and the Tink ones but your Mickey/Minnie custom is amazing! They really are the best - the amount of stuff I am able to cram in those pockets is crazy (phone/key/water bottles/nutrition - even a long sleeved running top I shed halfway through a race that I balled up and shoved in there!). So thank you for putting together these race reports!
Yay! You're going to have a fabulous time! And thank you so much for the kind words. :)

I have many - MANY - SparkleSkirts but the Mickey & Minnie custom cannot be beat! I'm totally with you on the Sparkle love, I won't run in anything else.

Thanks for reading!! :)

Yay! You're going to have a fabulous time! And thank you so much for the kind words. :)

I have many - MANY - SparkleSkirts but the Mickey & Minnie custom cannot be beat! I'm totally with you on the Sparkle love, I won't run in anything else.

Thanks for reading!! :)

Did all your custom skirts arrive??? Would love to see some pics if you have some!

I have the Mickey and Minnie a few posts up and this one (BigKahuna). I got two others but ended up not loving them once they arrived so I sold those.
View attachment 116298

OH I like this one! That's a shame about the others but at least you could sell them, it's great that there is such a good demand for re-sale! I'm going to try out my minnie skirt this weekend in a 10mile race. I'm already tempted to get a second one for Dopey!

OH I like this one! That's a shame about the others but at least you could sell them, it's great that there is such a good demand for re-sale! I'm going to try out my minnie skirt this weekend in a 10mile race. I'm already tempted to get a second one for Dopey!
Yeah, I mean...the skirts are just way too expensive for me to keep if I don't love them. Especially the custom skirts! I actually was able to auction those off on Facebook, and ended up making a tiny little profit! so that was nice. :)

Hope you love your Minnie skirt!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter