Formal Night and Fairy Wings

If I find that it's a logistical issue I will have no trouble at all with removing them. The last thing I want to do is physically inconvenience another person.
So if seating was an issue and you asked me to remove them, I would probably with an apology and a smile.

If someone were to ask me to remove them because they didn't like it, thought it was odd etc - I wouldn't be nearly so compliant nor friendly, and I would be asking for a seating change.

I must have worded my post very poorly because I never meant to ask what people thought of my wearing the wings, what I meant to ask about was whether I was allowed to wear them or if I would be asked to remove them by staff. (I was remembering the rule about dressing up in the parks.)

Considering I have been known to wear that dress with a floral wreath in my hair to my local red lobster I could care what other people think. And yep people snickered then too - I felt sorry for them. I would hate to live my life so confined by the arbitrary rules of society that I somehow found it wrong to embrace the wonder and magic of childhood well into my thirties, but felt like it was ok to act like a snotty, catty high school kid well into adulthood.

I looked at this thread when it was brand new (before you posted photos) and pictured very small wings that would not even be noticable from the front. I just now looked again (wondering why on earth it was still going:lmao:--just a cute, subtle accent could not generate so much talk could it?) and was surprised at the size. They actually do protude quite a bit above your shoulders and a fair bit out. The dining rooms on the ship can be quite crowded and you can be pretty darn close to your tablemate at times. I truly think those could poke out enough to make it difficult for your server to reach over, and past to set plates and glasses down, etc. Also, they could make it very hard for those seated next to you to get in and out of their chairs without snagging their own clothes (and being formal night someone may be wearing something with a fairly delicate fabric)--which would be awfully unfair to your tablemates. Honestly if you were seated at my table and I got poked, or had to be very careful not to be poked, by wings I would feel you were being very rude and I would kindly ask you to remove them (and depending on how you reacted to that I may ask to be reseated for the rest of the cruise--like if you refused OR I got the feeling you resented my asking, even if you did take them off). So, from just the logistical standpoint I really think it is not a good idea.

As to my opinion otherwise: I think they are lovely and I can understnad wanting to wear them. IF the logistics were not a detterent (which I think they are--) then I would say absolutely wear them if you want to and you are comfortable enough in your own skin to not caer what other people think. I have a very theatrical streak myself and love to wear different things (I am wearing a shirt from China today for no reason otehr than i felt like it). However, I can really only think of two reasons for you to have asekd about the appropriatness of wearing the wings here: Either, you are just fishing for compliments (and that is NOT the feel I get from your posts at all), or you DO care somewhat about what others think. If it is the second, while I think it is sweet, please do realize that you almost certainly run into some people who will make comments. If that will bother you then I would forgo the wings entirely.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope you have a wonderful cruise:hug:

I would hate to live my life so confined by the arbitrary rules of society that I somehow found it wrong to embrace the wonder and magic of childhood well into my thirties, but felt like it was ok to act like a snotty, catty high school kid well into adulthood.

Amen! You are my kind of girl. You only live once..ENJOY IT!!!!:thumbsup2

One thing that I think of that has not been touched on is the logistics in packing fairy wings and not having them be destroyed. I believe my nieces have these wings and use them in their "dress ups" and they get snagged, bent and torn very easily.

I think you would be allowedto wear them; however, I have to agree with the previous posters who mentioned the logistical issues of the waiters not being able to move about the table to do their job...therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if you were asked to remove them for that fact.

If I find that it's a logistical issue I will have no trouble at all with removing them. The last thing I want to do is physically inconvenience another person.
So if seating was an issue and you asked me to remove them, I would probably with an apology and a smile.

If someone were to ask me to remove them because they didn't like it, thought it was odd etc - I wouldn't be nearly so compliant nor friendly, and I would be asking for a seating change.

I must have worded my post very poorly because I never meant to ask what people thought of my wearing the wings, what I meant to ask about was whether I was allowed to wear them or if I would be asked to remove them by staff. (I was remembering the rule about dressing up in the parks.)

Considering I have been known to wear that dress with a floral wreath in my hair to my local red lobster I could care what other people think. And yep people snickered then too - I felt sorry for them. I would hate to live my life so confined by the arbitrary rules of society that I somehow found it wrong to embrace the wonder and magic of childhood well into my thirties, but felt like it was ok to act like a snotty, catty high school kid well into adulthood.

oh then by all means wear them--but please do watch and see if it looks like your waiters or tablemates are having to work to avoid them. Many people would not be assertive enough to say anything--but you'll be able to see, if you are watching for it, if people are having do dodge the wings. Or, simply let the waiters know when you come in that you will be happy to remove them if they are in the way (highly likely they would not tell you, even if it they were, otherwise). I am pretty sure they would be allowed. On all of our pervious cruisese they would have been. I do know some recent comments from CMs make it sound like they are cracking down a bit on costumes, but I don't think much yet, and i think the wings would be viewed as an accent, not a costume.

Sorry, I misunderstood. Yes, you'd be allowed to wear them on Formal Night. Just keep in mind, you won't have much room to accommodate the wings, as the dining rooms are filled with people. But yes, you are allowed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter