For those who think only DISers hate FP+, check their Facebook page

I was thinking of it like this. If there are 5,000 FP+s for Soarin' given out every day, 2,500 of those would be in the "free" stack and 2,500 in the "pay" stack.

That might be what they have in mind. But how is it going to go over when you are the one who logs in prior to your trip and can't get a Soarin FP?

If you still have 15 days before final payment is due, are you going to consider your options? How soon before we see final payments coincidentally moved up to 60 days out?

It's a finite resource. All any of this does is shifts around the winners and losers.

That might be what they have in mind. But how is it going to go over when you are the one who logs in prior to your trip and can't get a Soarin FP?

If you still have 15 days before final payment is due, are you going to consider your options? How soon before we see final payments coincidentally moved up to 60 days out?

It's a finite resource. All any of this does is shifts around the winners and losers.

:confused3 All great points. I was saying if they start selling FP+s that I could see them doing it this way. When you go to book your Soarin' FP+, they are all out but you do have an option of purchasing one.

:confused3 All great points. I was saying if they start selling FP+s that I could see them doing it this way. When you go to book your Soarin' FP+, they are all out but you do have an option of purchasing one.

Yep. That's just gonna tick me off. I would be madder to have the sole option to purchase one than to just be told it's "out". Considering that last year I could have gotten it for free, and my price of admission is probably higher than last year even without purchasing the FP.

They might be able to just ignore one set of comments….but all sets of comments, on all posts? :thumbsup2

Yep. That's just gonna tick me off. I would be madder to have the sole option to purchase one than to just be told it's "out". Considering that last year I could have gotten it for free, and my price of admission is probably higher than last year even without purchasing the FP.

I agree! But it seems sometimes that Disney thinks they can throw whatever they want at their guest and we will just say "thank you, may I have another" :confused3

The question isn't so much is Disney listening to all of the feedback, the question is are stockholders and major investors hearing it and are able to draw a correlation between the negative feedback and any negative financials.

Such as excessive cost overruns with little ROI.

Because ultimately with a project this large that is the only group with enough leverage to effect change.

I was thinking of it like this. If there are 5,000 FP+s for Soarin' given out every day, 2,500 of those would be in the "free" stack and 2,500 in the "pay" stack.

I would love to help work on this math, but I haven't been any good with numbers ever since I started "Imagining, being able to reserve the Teacups from the comfort of my own couch......."

I agree! But it seems sometimes that Disney thinks they can throw whatever they want at their guest and we will just say "thank you, may I have another" :confused3

I've seen enough people on this board defend Disney, regardless of what it is they do, to know there are some people that will continue to say "thank you, may I have another?".

Disney knows those people will continue to visit, no matter how bad their experience is while on vacation.

That's what I was thinking they might do.

If that would be an acceptable situation, why not just put ALL the FP+ in the "pay" stack?

Why bother to give away 50% percent of them?

If that would be an acceptable situation, why not just put ALL the FP+ in the "pay" stack?

It wouldn't be acceptable, but who but Disney would know that's what they had done.

Maybe they would use it as a way to try and get people locked in at 60 days out. Better get those free FP+s before they run out! :confused3

But I'm not convinced about them selling FP+s. It seems like MK is the only park there would be enough left over to sell.

Think of it like drugs. Give people a taste of what how awesome it's going to feel. Then they will pay to have more. That would get the folks who may have been on the fence about paying. (That's if they like the "free" experience :lmao:)

Also by having 3 free and booking 60 days out, they are locking in people to visit that park on those days. As opposed to FP- when you would decided the day-of, which park to go to or even... :scared1: Universal or Sea World. Basically, 60 days out, the money is in Disney's pocket because of the 3 "free" FP+.

Think of it like drugs. Give people a taste of what how awesome it's going to feel. Then they will pay to have more. That would get the folks who may have been on the fence about paying. (That's if they like the "free" experience :lmao:)

Also by having 3 free and booking 60 days out, they are locking in people to visit that park on those days. As opposed to FP- when you would decided the day-of, which park to go to or even... :scared1: Universal or Sea World. Basically, 60 days out, the money is in Disney's pocket because of the 3 "free" FP+.

I've said for some time that FP+ is merely the gateway drug to get people hooked on magicbands. ;)

Actually, you could spend your entire day at Universal or IOA and then do your 3 FP at a WDW park late that same night. It really isn't locking you in at all.

Actually, you could spend your entire day at Universal or IOA and then do your 3 FP at a WDW park late that same night. It really isn't locking you in at all.

You can also stay onsite at Universal so that you get FOTL there when you go. Ride all day FOTL, then head over to Disney for 3 quick rides then back to your Universal resort to rest up for another day of more rides.

But that's exactly what Disney wants. OK, you've spent your day at Universal. Maybe you're tired and want to go back to the hotel. Or maybe you want to take it easy. Why not just have dinner at one of the many restaurants at City Walk or other activities nearby? Oh wait, there's the FP+ we booked! I guess while we are in the park using up the FP+, let's get a cupcake or a Dole Whip. Maybe that baby nephew needs a stuffed Goofy.

Morning or night... Yes, they made sure you got to the park that day. You did still plan, 60 days out, to go to a Disney park even after your full day of Universal/IOA, right?

OK, for now it's free. So, you can just say screw it and just do the rest of the evening at Universal/IOA or go home. But if those were paid "extra FP+", would you not go to the park?

You can also stay onsite at Universal so that you get FOTL there when you go. Ride all day FOTL, then head over to Disney for 3 quick rides then back to your Universal resort to rest up for another day of more rides.

So I can ride everything at Universal?
But Disney gives 3 rides for only one park.
:scratchin

I've seen enough people on this board defend Disney, regardless of what it is they do, to know there are some people that will continue to say "thank you, may I have another?".

Disney knows those people will continue to visit, no matter how bad their experience is while on vacation.

Sure, it's always been that way. And it works. It wouldn't make sense for Disney to do otherwise when enough people will gladly line up for their spankings with the pledge board. Actually, that might not be a bad idea for a new attraction in Epcot. Maybe in the UK pavilion, sort of a British "public school" initiation experience.

Disney could bottle their sewer sludge into cute Mickey bottles and there would be plenty of people begging to buy them.

More seriously, I do expect some type of "pay for Fast Pass" in the future. The "throwaway room" and "buy extra magic bands" threads show that the demand already exists. Disney is leaving tens of millions in unrealized revenue on the table.

Jim

I checked out Disney's facebook page this evening and the picture they posted on their time line of The Boardwalk with the caption of "Be a part of our FastPass+ test by staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel." has been removed. You can still find it by going to their photos and looking for it but it no longer shows up on the timeline. Or at least it doesn't for me. Could it be because it looks like they may start offering pre-booking to off-site guest? But then again when they posted in on Jan. 20 off-site guest could use FP+ once in the park and the caption doesn't say anything about pre-booking. Or did they remove it because of the negative posts?

The "lock that in" commercial is still there.

Just something I thought was interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter