• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For those who did NOT make Moms Panel, Check your email!! New Moms Club!!

and my dh says all this useless knowledge will never get me anywhere..:lmao:

I voted for Momsketeer too!! It was kind of reminicent of the old Disney days to me when I watched the Club! I really don't care what they call us, just as long as they cal us!!!! I'll be eagerly waiting on the next batch of emails and snail mail!!! I get excited just to get a mailing (my last mailing was about my "upcoming" trip, the one I had returned from two days before) from them let alone something with a "surprise" in it!!! :cheer2: :banana: :cool1:

:cool1: I got one too! I voted for Mickey Moms Club too! I can't believe how excited I got over this e-mail! Funny though when I first saw Disney Destinations I thought is was going to be a discount code!:lmao: :rolleyes:

I didnt recieve one but I applied for mom panel. Is this coming in your main email account?

Did anyone receive an email today from Disney Destinations in regards to being selected for a new panel? This panel will be in the form of a newsletter, and will require doing surveys etc?

I got an email as well! I voted for the Mickey Mom Club

Im slowly working my way through the new mom site. I have to say I wish the people on the panel were more diverse. It seems they are all moms of families (with one dad in the mix) I think it would of been better to show a broader range of panel members.. For example a couple of the panel members would represent those with families, a panel member that would represent people who are seniors or retired, a panel member that was or is recently engaged and planning on honeymooning or has honeymooned at wdw. A member of the panel that was single and travel solo.

While I agree most of the people going to WDW are families. I think there are all different types of people that come to WDW and I think it would have been a better idea to have different panel members represent different type of experiences as oppose to just being in a family. anyway just my opinion

ME TOO ME TOO! I didnt receive an email when I originally applied for the panel..................But just to be involved in some way will be fun! I voted for main st moms!

Hi, I got the e-mail also!:banana: And voted for "Main Street Moms" Joan

Here's a pic of the "Official" Mom's Panelists..

Courtesy of Walt Disney World
MomsPanel.jpg

Caption: "Moms" Hit Main Street -- Members of the newly formed Walt Disney World Moms Panel enjoyed the day in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort in mid-December. The on-line forum, made up of real-life moms, was created to help families better plan their vacations to Walt Disney World. The site www.disneyworldmoms.com goes live on Jan. 7, 2008. (From left to right front row, Beatrice Rose, Laura Spencer, Kara Bacon, Beth Choisez Back row, Erin Foster, Heather Roberts-Nault, Darcie Maranich, Heather Murry, Michelle May, Kimberly LaPaglia, Bret Caldwell, Brigitta Noer.

[/QUOTE] I have to say I wish the people on the panel were more diverse. It seems they are all moms of families (with one dad in the mix) I think it would of been better to show a broader range of panel members.. For example a couple of the panel members would represent those with families, a panel member that would represent people who are seniors or retired, a panel member that was or is recently engaged and planning on honeymooning or has honeymooned at wdw. A member of the panel that was single and travel solo.

While I agree most of the people going to WDW are families. I think there are all different types of people that come to WDW and I think it would have been a better idea to have different panel members represent different type of experiences as oppose to just being in a family. anyway just my opinion[/QUOTE]

I have to agree....I was surprised there wasn't more "diversity", not just race but there are some "non traditional" families out there that also enjoy Disney as much as us traditional families do....also all the ages of the "kids" seemed to be in the same range...there are some siblings that are further apart in age that go to Disney w/ families and having to balance everyone's interest is a task that I'm sure a lot of "moms" have to do. And I don't mean any offense to the Moms picked, just that I was expecting more "diversity" from race to families (both traditional and non-traditional), etc. Okay done now...I still LOVE Disney and I'm so excited I got the new email. I think Walt would be thrilled that everyday Moms want to be mini "imagineers" in the vacation planning department :)

Mickey Moms Club is what I voted for! Wonder what is going to be in that welcome packet??? Free stuff, maybe???:confused3 Sounds exciting though! Can't want to learn more and check out the website when I have more time!!!

So do we still think everyone was asked? Why werent some of the 2nd rounders selected? Perhaps they will be alternates.....again, didnt Disney say it was a 6 mth commitment or so, maybe they will change up th panel every so often?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter