For those against Sea World....yet another question

Sgt Mickey

<font color=red>I will always remember where I was
This is not an argument thread so if you feel the need to argue for Sea World please take it else where. I know there are like 50 sea world threads but didn't want my question to be lost in the arguments or most are closed now right?

SO anyway my question is if you are not ever going back to Sea World will you visit the other Bush Garden parks?

We live near Williamsburg and have been pass holders pretty much since we moved here. BUT I feel this guilt like we are still supporting Sea World even if I ever stepped foot in there ever :confused3

Thoughts?

By that logic, will you ever buy an Anheuser Busch product again? Or InBev?
Just asking. :)

For each person it's very individual.

Now I don't know how much other bush garden venues support sea world. How much does Disney tv and films support Disney parks. :confused3

I'm not going to seaworld ever, but I wouldn't make some one who did go feel guilty.

You say you would feel guilty if you went to Bush gardens. My basic philosophy is that my vacation and my vacation money is too sparse for me to go some where, anywhere that I may have morale objections to. Why bother when they are 10 gazzilon other places on the planet that you can go and have a wonderful time?

I don't live near any Bush Garden Parks, but no, I wouldn't go. I do live near a Six Flags park that has bottlenose dolphins, sea lions, etc. I will not go to that park until they no longer force their animals to do tricks for food. They used to have an orca named Shouka that was housed for a a while with one of the dolphins, but then left by herself for months. It is against federal law to house orcas without a companion animal and just over a year ago, Shouka was moved to Seaworld. I hate that she is stuck in Seaworld, but at least she isn't isolated anymore.

My brother and his family get season passes to SF Discovery Kingdom and have tried to get me to use their free guest pass so I can go with them. While I would not be giving them money to attend, I still will not go. He asked a few times, but now he respects my decision and doesn't ask anymore.

This is not an argument thread so if you feel the need to argue for Sea World please take it else where. I know there are like 50 sea world threads but didn't want my question to be lost in the arguments or most are closed now right?

SO anyway my question is if you are not ever going back to Sea World will you visit the other Bush Garden parks?

We live near Williamsburg and have been pass holders pretty much since we moved here. BUT I feel this guilt like we are still supporting Sea World even if I ever stepped foot in there ever :confused3

Thoughts?

I don't know. I am "on the fence" so to speak at the moment.

I am watching and waiting hoping that this incident forces the hand of Sea World for more responsibility and transparency.

If you live near the park and frequent it a lot, I am not a fan of "cutting off your nose to spite your face" type of person either.

Hard to say what I would do in your shoes.

I live in a town with Six Flags and have never gone since moving here 5yrs ago (there are no live animals here though). I am just not into rides at the moment. Plus my younger dd cannot ride rides so we do other things.

For each person it's very individual.

Now I don't know how much other bush garden venues support sea world. How much does Disney tv and films support Disney parks. :confused3

I'm not going to seaworld ever, but I wouldn't make some one who did go feel guilty.

You say you would feel guilty if you went to Bush gardens. My basic philosophy is that my vacation and my vacation money is too sparse for me to go some where, anywhere that I may have morale objections to. Why bother when they are 10 gazzilon other places on the planet that you can go and have a wonderful time?

It is convient of being right up the street. It isn't going that makes me feel guilty just wondering how my money is being spent.

I don't know. I am "on the fence" so to speak at the moment.

I am watching and waiting hoping that this incident forces the hand of Sea World for more responsibility and transparency.

If you live near the park and frequent it a lot, I am not a fan of "cutting off your nose to spite your face" type of person either.

Hard to say what I would do in your shoes.

I live in a town with Six Flags and have never gone since moving here 5yrs ago (there are no live animals here though). I am just not into rides at the moment. Plus my younger dd cannot ride rides so we do other things.
We go quite a bit. In the summer we live at water country on my days off. No animals there but they have a few at Bush Gardens.

AB/InBev is a HUGE company. If you drink beer at all, and you are committed to a boycott, make sure you know what is made by them. They also make some soft drinks...IDK which markets though (whether they sell in North America).

AB/InBev is a HUGE company. If you drink beer at all, and you are committed to a boycott, make sure you know what is made by them. They also make some soft drinks...IDK which markets though (whether they sell in North America).

BG and SW were sold by InBev to the Blackstone investment group a couple years ago.

BG and SW were sold by InBev to the Blackstone investment group a couple years ago.

I thought that might be the case.

I know that InBev has sold off a few things here in St. Louis, since obviously we WERE an "AB town".

AB had funded tons of things locally including a large amount of charities and when AB was sold, it was a real blow to the community at large.

Of course not. Going to a Busch park supports the company. It is as stupid as going to sea world but not to an animal show.

I for one will do both and buy a beer while there.

Blackstone just sold a huge amount of Seaworld stock a few weeks ago...

Blackstone Holdings III, a subsidiary of The Blackstone Group ( BX ), sold 19,500,000 shares of theme park and entertainment company SeaWorld Entertainment ( SEAS ) for $563,062,516.

I'm not sure if they are still the majority owner or not...

I thought that might be the case.

I know that InBev has sold off a few things here in St. Louis, since obviously we WERE an "AB town".

AB had funded tons of things locally including a large amount of charities and when AB was sold, it was a real blow to the community at large.

Dang, St. Louis was the birthplace of AB wasn't it?

If you are going to boycott Sea World and Anheuser Busch, you must boycott all their products and all the firms that distrubute and/or sell them. When it comes to beer, the latter includes Disneyworld and Disneyland.

GM supplies Anheuser Busch with the vehicles they use to ship and deliver their products. If you are going to boycott Sea World and Anheuser Busch, you must boycott GM. That means you must not buy their vehicles. If you already own one, you must sell it. If you rent cars whern you travel, you must refuse to take any vehicle made by GM.

Alcoa supplies Anheuser Busch with the aluminum they use to make their cans. If you are going to boycott Sea World and Anheuser Busch, you must also boycott Alcoa. That includes not buying any aluminum foil, since Alcoa provides the material for almost all the latter sold in the US.

I could go on, but the point has been made. Annoucing they are going to boycott something makes people feel good, but very few actually follow through with their threat and even fewer go into the process far enough to make any impact. :teacher:

If you are going to boycott Sea World and Anheuser Busch, you must boycott all their products and all the firms that distrubute and/or sell them. When it comes to beer, the latter includes Disneyworld and Disneyland.

GM supplies Anheuser Busch with the vehicles they use to ship and deliver their products. If you are going to boycott Sea World and Anheuser Busch, you must boycott GM. That means you must not buy their vehicles. If you already own one, you must sell it. If you rent cars whern you travel, you must refuse to take any vehicle made by GM.

Alcoa supplies Anheuser Busch with the aluminum they use to make their cans. If you are going to boycott Sea World and Anheuser Busch, you must also boycott Alcoa. That includes not buying any aluminum foil, since Alcoa provides the material for almost all the latter sold in the US.

I could go on, but the point has been made. Annoucing they are going to boycott something makes people feel good, but very few actually follow through with their threat and even fewer go into the process far enough to make any impact. :teacher:

Actually the more people mention the things they own the more I realize I don't use most of them. I never said I was boycotting anything.

Why not just tell us not to use anything with water, grain or yeast?

Why not just tell us not to use anything with water, grain or yeast?

That would have been tricky. Water is a natural element that can't choose who employs it. Grain is a commodity that is so broadly employed it would be virtually impossible to boycott. Yeast is similar.

But levity aside, I was making the point that much if not all of the chest pounding in this thread is just that: flowery expression of umbradge that will have no impact on the enterprise in discussion. ;)

But if no one goes to Sea World, would they stay open? Would the parent company continue to pump money into a losing business? Even if people are buying beer, going to other parks, would they take that money and put it into Sea World? I don't think so.

Your boycott theory makes no sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter