• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Food & Wine & Friends, or 'Wishing a Year Away'. October 2012 PTR *NEW 11/18 TR link!

Hoop de Do will be awesome-- sounds like it would really be fun with a group of people!

I think the haunted carriage ride would be so much fun! And I agree, Hoop De Doo with a group sounds like a blast. In fact, that whole time of year seems like the perfect time to be going with friends. :thumbsup2

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Hope it was an enjoyable holiday for all :goodvibes Ben and I had my parents, brother, and a couple of friends over to our house. We were supposed to head to his family in the evening, but they ended up being done with their Thanksgiving earlier than usual. So we got to stay home and relax.

And before you know it, you'll be packing!!! :banana: That's the funny thing about time, no matter what, it eventually gets here... and lately it feels like it goes by in record speed anyway!

It's true. I very well remember counting down to all my past trips, and looking back, they all ended up going by too quick!

I wanna check out the Haunted Carriage ride too! One of my clients (I'm a TA) went this past October and really enjoyed it.

I'm hoping to do it after the Hoop Dee Doo Revue, if timing works out right!

Subbed to your PTR yesterday and finally got to read through it all tonight.

Your Halloween costumes were HILARIOUS!! :lmao: I watch that show too, and I agree...its like a train wreck...its so bad, but you cant help but watch.

Congratulations on booking for BLT :thumbsup2

Haha, glad you liked the costumes! They were a lot of fun, but I spent WAY too much time on mine!

Hoop de Do will be awesome-- sounds like it would really be fun with a group of people!

I can't wait to share it with our friends!

I think the haunted carriage ride would be so much fun! And I agree, Hoop De Doo with a group sounds like a blast. In fact, that whole time of year seems like the perfect time to be going with friends. :thumbsup2

I know, traveling with our friends is going to make this trip extra-extra awesome! We are already having trouble fitting in all the eating and drinking though :laughing:

Yay for getting to do Hoop de Doo! I would love to go to that someday, but Brandon refuses. :rotfl: He will not even consider it, so I'll have to wait til I go with someone else, I guess!

The Haunted Carriage ride is awesome, make sure you book a later time so it's dark out, FW is so creepy at night! :thumbsup2

Yay for getting to do Hoop de Doo! I would love to go to that someday, but Brandon refuses. :rotfl: He will not even consider it, so I'll have to wait til I go with someone else, I guess!

The Haunted Carriage ride is awesome, make sure you book a later time so it's dark out, FW is so creepy at night! :thumbsup2

What is not to like about all you can eat BBQ, beer, sangria and corny fun? :confused3
It really is a lot of fun- hope you get the chance to check it out!

I have no idea what to expect from the Haunted Carriage, but awesome is good to hear!!

It's always fun when the DH starts to 'get it'!

Yes, definately! I think he's even wanting to start planning another trip for '13!!! I'm super excited! I love that we have something to look forward to together!:goodvibes

I had really wanted to try the carriage ride at POR (un-haunted version :laughing:), but we never got to! The haunted carriage ride sounds like it would be even more fun!

It has been so long since I updated! Part of the reason is just that I have been super busy, but mostly it is because the DISboards hate me right now. I can read most things easy enough, but trying to reply is torture. I have to refresh the page a bajillion times to get the reply box to show up, and posting it is a whole other ordeal! So if I have been missing from outher people's TR/PTRs, please know that I am reading, it is just really hard to post.

But since I just invested a LOT of refreshing to get to this reply, I feel like I should keep on writing :laughing:

Ben and I got our Christmas tree!
IMG_20111204_200538.jpg

I wasn't thrilled with it at first, but now that the branches have settled, it looks great! We have a tradition of watching Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas (I think that's what it's called) while we decorate. It's a Jim Henson Muppet movie, but not the regular cast of the Muppets. Such a cute movie!

I actually got quite a bit of my Christmas shopping done, which is a great feeling! I hated being at the mall yesterday and will be very happy if I don't have to go back!

Not much is happening as far as trip planning at the moment. Though I do have my ADRs and park days all set for the short May trip I am taking with my friend. And I need to get going on looking for airfare! Mark lives in Western Mass, about 3 hours away from me (I'm near Boston). We'll have to figure out which airport makes the most sense and one of us will travel to the other's end of the state.

Ben and I are still planning on a trip to Puerto Rico in February (we already have plane tickets!), but since his cousin's girlfriend is the one planning the trip and we haven't head anything about it, I have no idea what is going on. And it is making me a little :scared1:
Never mind the fact that there is no way I can take a beach vacation without getting my butt to the gym (which is downstairs at our house- I have no excuse :laughing: ) and getting back into some kind of good shape.

The other bit of craziness that is making time fly by is my friend's wedding. I have been trying to wrangle the bridesmaids when it comes to shower planning and it is a tough job! Though we finally have a date (end of January) and we settled on having it at my house. So once Christmas is over, that is going to eat up all my time. Then we'll need to plan a bachelorette, then it will be wedding time!

So that is my super rambling, bizarre update! Thanks for sticking around (if you do:rolleyes1 )

See?? Since I had to reload the page so many times, the reply ended up posting twice. Grrrrrrr

Joyce - I had the same problem for the January trip. But since my cousin would have to have someone drive her out and then pick her up and drive her back I decided flying out of Bradley would be easier. RT flights were about $215 similar to BOS, but I had recently gotten a SW Credit Card with those 50,000 miles and I coudl book us non stop fares that should be $99 each way and use the free miles and pay only $10 for our flights!

I think looking at departing and returning times along with whoever drives to the others place and having work the next day should be figured into the equation. Did I spell that right?

Hi fellow October 2012'er!! Looks like you have some fantastic plans!! We are going Oct 4-14th and also staying at BLT for a portion of the stay - it'll be our first time there (but we're renting points, haven't convinced DH to buy into DVC yet!). Also, we live in MA too!

It's going to be our first trip as parents (I'm due in Feb!) so looking into various "extra" things to do besides the parks. Thanks for the idea on the carriage ride - I'd forgotten about that and that could def be fun! Possibly HDDR too! :goodvibes

Your tree looks great! Augh, I would not be comfortable a) not being the one to plan the Puerto Rico trip b) not having at least a loose idea of the trip plan/details. I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time! So jealous you'll be escaping somewhere WARM in the middle of winter!

Your tree is lovely!

You're right about the Dis...it's been way wonky! Ugh. I'll post a reply on my PTR and go back later and find a post that came in BEFORE the one I replied to that wasn't there. And it's terminally slow, too. I've been spending considerable time glaring at the screen! And yet I keep coming back. :rotfl:

I'm joining in!! I'm also looking at an October 2012 trip. Hubby has said we can go (with a few stipulations!). Looking at Oct 12-?? (as long as possible in my mind!)

I believe I've also read part of your other TR's!! I'm not sure how I had found them but I know I've read at least a portion!!

Can't wait to read more about your plans!

The Dis has been finicky for me too! Hopefully it gets better soon!

Your tree looks great! And any holiday tradition involving a Jim Henson movie sounds like a great one! :thumbsup2

Oh I forgot to post! I love your list of things to do! I may steal a couple!

The idea of the Carriage ride sounds wonderful! We will for sure be going back to the Hoop Dee Doo! It's awesome!

I'd love to do a Segway but it's not possible for us due to the weight limitations.

Joyce - I had the same problem for the January trip. But since my cousin would have to have someone drive her out and then pick her up and drive her back I decided flying out of Bradley would be easier. RT flights were about $215 similar to BOS, but I had recently gotten a SW Credit Card with those 50,000 miles and I coudl book us non stop fares that should be $99 each way and use the free miles and pay only $10 for our flights!

I think looking at departing and returning times along with whoever drives to the others place and having work the next day should be figured into the equation. Did I spell that right?

I think I'll be driving out there to fly out of Bradley. But flights right now are almost $300!! I hope they come down...

Hi fellow October 2012'er!! Looks like you have some fantastic plans!! We are going Oct 4-14th and also staying at BLT for a portion of the stay - it'll be our first time there (but we're renting points, haven't convinced DH to buy into DVC yet!). Also, we live in MA too!

It's going to be our first trip as parents (I'm due in Feb!) so looking into various "extra" things to do besides the parks. Thanks for the idea on the carriage ride - I'd forgotten about that and that could def be fun! Possibly HDDR too! :goodvibes

Thanks for reading!! You're going to have so much fun showing everything to your daughter!!

Your tree looks great! Augh, I would not be comfortable a) not being the one to plan the Puerto Rico trip b) not having at least a loose idea of the trip plan/details. I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time! So jealous you'll be escaping somewhere WARM in the middle of winter!

I love our tree!

I can't even feel like the PR trip is actually happening. Though I am sure it will all work out...

Your tree is lovely!

You're right about the Dis...it's been way wonky! Ugh. I'll post a reply on my PTR and go back later and find a post that came in BEFORE the one I replied to that wasn't there. And it's terminally slow, too. I've been spending considerable time glaring at the screen! And yet I keep coming back. :rotfl:

Thanks! It's a smaller tree than we usually have, but I love it!

I'm joining in!! I'm also looking at an October 2012 trip. Hubby has said we can go (with a few stipulations!). Looking at Oct 12-?? (as long as possible in my mind!)

I believe I've also read part of your other TR's!! I'm not sure how I had found them but I know I've read at least a portion!!

Can't wait to read more about your plans!

Thanks for reading!!
We'll be there at the same time!

The Dis has been finicky for me too! Hopefully it gets better soon!

Your tree looks great! And any holiday tradition involving a Jim Henson movie sounds like a great one! :thumbsup2

Thank you! My other traditional Christmas movie is Babes in Toyland. I've watched it every year since I can remember!

Oh I forgot to post! I love your list of things to do! I may steal a couple!

The idea of the Carriage ride sounds wonderful! We will for sure be going back to the Hoop Dee Doo! It's awesome!

I'd love to do a Segway but it's not possible for us due to the weight limitations.

Steal away!

I just started reading your PTR, it's so much fun to plan along with other people!

Very nice tree!

Thanks, Mel!

At the risk of sounding like a bitter, angry person (not to mention a broken record)... this double post is due ONCE again to the fact that I can't sjut post normally. It is super annoying. Make it stop.

Ok, I feel better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter