Food & Wine & Friends, or 'Wishing a Year Away'. October 2012 PTR *NEW 11/18 TR link!

Since I finally got the dates for the May trip, I went ahead and made some ADRs. I've been to Disney with Mark a couple of times, so I felt pretty good about knowing what places he likes. Wanna see what I picked??

Boma
Rose & Crown
Prime Time Cafe
San Angel Inn

I texted Mark earlier to ask what his thoughts were concerning these restaurants. His answer was "Think I love it (buffet at AKL?), love it, love it, never heard of it." So I think those all count as yesses (since we have since cleared up the confusion regarding what San Angel Inn is.

Also, when he signed up for DVC, Mark gave my name as a referral, so I got a letter today letting me know. I guess I'll get a prize :cool2:

I'm looking forward to Boma next trip. Never been there; Rose & Crown either. Love Prime Time! San Angel Inn - eh, I'm iffy. The first time I went there I enjoyed it and then the second time we had terrible service and the food was bland. :confused3

Great line up! Rose and Crown is awesome!

It's been a long time since I've eaten there, I can't wait to try it again!

Yay for being booked!! And yay for picking out your dates/ADR ideas for May!! All of your plans sound great! :yay:

Now if only these trips could come a little sooner...

I'm looking forward to Boma next trip. Never been there; Rose & Crown either. Love Prime Time! San Angel Inn - eh, I'm iffy. The first time I went there I enjoyed it and then the second time we had terrible service and the food was bland. :confused3

Ben doesn't like Boma, which is why I made sure to add it for this trip! Cause I think it's great :goodvibes

I've eaten at San Angel Inn once and it was very, very good. I hope this time lives up to that experience!

May is official! Mark just texted me that he booked the trip! I didn't want to keep bugging him (hellooo, free hotel- can't complain!), but I was getting just a little antsy.

Old Key West it is! And I am super happy because Ben and I stayed there for the last night of our May trip and I really wanted a little more time to check it out.

Since I've already made ADRs, it stands to reason that I already made plans for each day. Though I haven't shared these with Mark :laughing: If he hates them, I have no problem changing. C'mon- this is a bonus trip, I'll be happy just to be there!

But you know what else this means? I'll be getting an Annual Pass!! And you know what having an AP means? That you end up taking extra trips... so who knows what'll happen in the spring of 2013 :rolleyes1

Welcome to my world! Feel free to jump on the bandwagon of my crazy ideas for trips and don't forget about the DVC discount for the AP!

Yay for an annual pass!!!! I've always wished I could go to Disney enough to warrant an AP!!! Hope you get lots of good use out of yours!

Yay for your May trip! I'm going in May too, but I think we're going to go 4/28-5/3. I thought about going the week you are going, but I wanted to be there on our actual anniversary, which is May 1. Too bad I'll miss you by like 3 days! :scared1:

Your ADR's look great, and woo hoo for an AP! Mine is such a problem, I am constantly planning trips in my head that I know will never happen...but I'm always like "well, I already have the tickets so it's practically a free trip!" Totally leaving out the fact that I still have to pay for airfare and somewhere to stay! :rotfl:

I followed your last TR, and just saw you have a new PTR going so I'm subbing in! :thumbsup2 We are also planning to be in WDW in October 2012 to celebrate DS's 2nd birthday. :goodvibes Congrats on being able to book your resort. That is always such an exciting part of the planning for me because it makes everything seem more real knowing you have reserved the place you will sleep every night. :goodvibes

Anyway, I look forward to following along with the rest of your plans!

I have MORE exciting news!
I now have dates for the May trip I am taking with Mark. May 6-11th. I think we are staying at Old Key West.
So I was checking May hours, and the week we are going has the most consistent hours I can ever remember. MK open till 10 every day, and DHS till 9. Every other trip has had wildly varying hours. Weird.
I'm excited about starting to plan! I have to figure out where to eat, preferably places Ben doesn't care about missing. I also told Ben I would pretend that I didn't go on new stuff (Star Tours, specifically... I couldn't promise that I wouldn't ride them :rotfl:

So jealous that you have 2 trips to look forward to now! I am also staying at OKW in May (7-15), and we are also excited about the hours - although this year in May the parks were open a bit later, we were strolling down Main Street, USA at 2 am on more than one occasion.

Oh, and I'm a longtime lurker and new subscriber :rolleyes1

:woohoo: for the annual pass!!!

I know, what's better than that?

Welcome to my world! Feel free to jump on the bandwagon of my crazy ideas for trips and don't forget about the DVC discount for the AP!

The DVC AP discount is definitely a good thing :thumbsup2 I'm glad to be able to take advantage of it!

Yay for an annual pass!!!! I've always wished I could go to Disney enough to warrant an AP!!! Hope you get lots of good use out of yours!

At a minimum, the two trips planned would already make the AP a better deal. I just hope I get to squeeze another trip out of it!

Yay for your May trip! I'm going in May too, but I think we're going to go 4/28-5/3. I thought about going the week you are going, but I wanted to be there on our actual anniversary, which is May 1. Too bad I'll miss you by like 3 days! :scared1:

Your ADR's look great, and woo hoo for an AP! Mine is such a problem, I am constantly planning trips in my head that I know will never happen...but I'm always like "well, I already have the tickets so it's practically a free trip!" Totally leaving out the fact that I still have to pay for airfare and somewhere to stay! :rotfl:

Awww, so close to being there at the same time :(

Between DVC and the AP it is easy for me to think trips are free. I conveniently forget how much we paid for our membership... and how much we spend on airfare. Not to mention food and alcohol while down there! But it still feels free! :upsidedow

I followed your last TR, and just saw you have a new PTR going so I'm subbing in! :thumbsup2 We are also planning to be in WDW in October 2012 to celebrate DS's 2nd birthday. :goodvibes Congrats on being able to book your resort. That is always such an exciting part of the planning for me because it makes everything seem more real knowing you have reserved the place you will sleep every night. :goodvibes

Anyway, I look forward to following along with the rest of your plans!

:goodvibes Glad you followed over here!
So cool that you're also going in October!

So jealous that you have 2 trips to look forward to now! I am also staying at OKW in May (7-15), and we are also excited about the hours - although this year in May the parks were open a bit later, we were strolling down Main Street, USA at 2 am on more than one occasion.

Oh, and I'm a longtime lurker and new subscriber :rolleyes1

:woohoo: <---- that's my 'welcome out of lurkdom!' dance. :laughing:
Thanks for reading!

Maybe I'll see you around OKW! I love late night at MK. Though arrival day late EMH often sounds like a better idea in theory than reality..

I know! I can't wait to plan... but I need to remember to get input from our friends, and not make all the decisions myself :rolleyes1

haha I know what you mean!! This time, so far, DH and I have really been talking about plans together, which is different from our last trip! I basically just let him pick a couple of food places! haha:rotfl: I want him to love it like I do, and I figure the more he gets to plan the more he will enjoy and like it! :thumbsup2

haha I know what you mean!! This time, so far, DH and I have really been talking about plans together, which is different from our last trip! I basically just let him pick a couple of food places! haha:rotfl: I want him to love it like I do, and I figure the more he gets to plan the more he will enjoy and like it! :thumbsup2

It's always fun when the DH starts to 'get it'!

Joining in on your PTR! Saw your link on the Oct 2012 post.

Welcome, thanks for reading! I just popped over to your PTR. It'll be fun to countdown the months together!

Bad news is I had a crazy busy past few days. Good news is I lost track of time for a couple days. It was the first time that I saw my ticker and thought 'hey, that's not SOOOOO far away'

I worked all weekend, but Ben and I spent Friday night hanging out with the cool kids we're going to WDW with in October. Not only did we play an epic game of Monopoly (which I won by a LANDSLIDE!), but we also got to talk a bit about plans/restaurants and it was good to hear that Hilde and Sebastian are both super excited and also willing to trust me with planning. Neither of them have eaten at many WDW restaurants because they never made ADRs in the past. I gave them the run down of places I was considering and they liked my ideas.

I also got the definite go ahead for Hoop Dee Doo Revue. When I told them about the haunted carriage ride at Ft. Wilderness, Sebastian got very excited :laughing: so it looks like that will probably be something we'll try to do.

And before you know it, you'll be packing!!! :banana: That's the funny thing about time, no matter what, it eventually gets here... and lately it feels like it goes by in record speed anyway!

I wanna check out the Haunted Carriage ride too! One of my clients (I'm a TA) went this past October and really enjoyed it.

Subbed to your PTR yesterday and finally got to read through it all tonight.

Your Halloween costumes were HILARIOUS!! :lmao: I watch that show too, and I agree...its like a train wreck...its so bad, but you cant help but watch.

Congratulations on booking for BLT :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter