1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Food & Wine & Friends, or 'Wishing a Year Away'. October 2012 PTR *NEW 11/18 TR link!

Discussion in 'Pre-Trip Reports and Plans' started by Joyciemc, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Joyciemc

Joyciemc DIS Veteran

It is hard not to take things personally! Funny enough, the person who posted rudely on FB called today and was sweet as could be on the phone. So all's well that ends well!

Oh my goodness, I am so excited for you! :goodvibes So many new things to experience at WDW, you're going to have a wonderful time!

And a MK view at the Contemporary- wow! What a fabulous trip!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Enchanted88

Enchanted88 A dream is a wish your heart makes

Well that's good! Maybe she was having a bad day or something! I'm glad she changed her rudeness around for you! haha:goodvibes

4. Joyciemc

Joyciemc DIS Veteran

We can book our trip tomorrow!!

Ben called today to confirm that DVC Member Services is open tomorrow (on a Sunday) and they are! So right at 9am, we'll call and hopefully get our dates. Since you can book a 7 day trip 11 months out from the first day at your home resort, other people have already been able to book trip including part of our dates. Which I hadn't really thought about before, so I am now just a little nervous about whether we'll get our dates. :rolleyes:

I wanted to give a shout-out to Ben's trip report. He's been writing about our recent trip, and it's his first TR! Stop on over and say hello :thumbsup2
    http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2815779

5. tankgirl427

tankgirl427 DIS Veteran

On a plus side they open at 9am rather than 7am when you can call for dining reservations or 6am for getting online for ADRs. Are you booking a studio or 1 bedroom? In January we will be in a studio.

6. annmarieda

annmarieda DIS Veteran

:woohoo: for tomorrow!!!

7. Joyciemc

Joyciemc DIS Veteran

[​IMG]

Know what that means? That means we are booked!!!
    October 13-20th, a standard view studio at Bay Lake Tower. Woo-hoo!

Next countdown is for 4 months from now, when we will try to switch to Boardwalk Villas. But just between you and me... I kinda want to stay with our BLT ressie. Though BV will be less points, and closer to Epcot for F&W.

It's that much more real, now!

8. Nermel9

Nermel9 DIS Veteran

Yay for being booked!!! :cool1: I'd kind of want to keep BLT too, I really love the rooms there, but I can understand wanting to be in an Epcot resort for Food and Wine! :thumbsup2 But still, with BLT you can just hop on the monorail, and you're there!

9. RachaelA

RachaelA DIS Veteran

I'm joining in for your PTR! We're staying at BLT the 13th-20th as well! :)

10. SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE

SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE DIS Veteran

Yay for being booked! LOVE that picture of BLT! It's making me want to stay there! :goodvibes

11. klacey1

klacey1 DIS Veteran

I hope you stay with BLT, too! Such a great location-- even though BWV is closer for F&W, though...tough call! Either will be great!

12. annmarieda

annmarieda DIS Veteran

:woohoo: How exciting to be booked!!!

13. ronnmel

ronnmel DIS Veteran

Yay! for booking BLT!!

14. Joyciemc

Joyciemc DIS Veteran

I know our friends really want to stay at Boardwalk (they stayed at the Dolphin on their honeymoon and loved the location), but I don't think they've ever been to the Contemporary, so maybe they don't realize how great that location is, too!

Yay, thanks for joining! You have very good taste in vacation plans :thumbsup2

Isn't it awesome? When we stopped by to check it out on our last trip, I just fell in love with it. Hmmm, the more I write, the more it seems like I shouldn't try too hard to switch that reservation...

It's gonna be an awesome trip, no matter what... and we've never stayed in an Epcot area resort, but we have stayed near the MK... but BLT is so pretty!

I know! Even though it's still 11 months away, I feel like we just got a bit closer. :goodvibes

Thanks! Now if it were only about time for the real planning to start...

15. Joyciemc

Joyciemc DIS Veteran

I have MORE exciting news!
    I now have dates for the May trip I am taking with Mark. May 6-11th. I think we are staying at Old Key West.
    So I was checking May hours, and the week we are going has the most consistent hours I can ever remember. MK open till 10 every day, and DHS till 9. Every other trip has had wildly varying hours. Weird.
    I'm excited about starting to plan! I have to figure out where to eat, preferably places Ben doesn't care about missing. I also told Ben I would pretend that I didn't go on new stuff (Star Tours, specifically... I couldn't promise that I wouldn't ride them :rotfl:

16. annmarieda

annmarieda DIS Veteran

:banana: for having your dates in may picked out!!!

17. jenny105

jenny105 DIS Veteran

Congrats on being booked at BLT! The Boardwalk is a great location but so is BLT! I'd love to stay there, it looks amazing.

And awesome news about the May trip as well!

18. SoNotAPrincess

SoNotAPrincess Disney Diva

Yippeeee! :cool1: Your plans are moving right along! I saw BLT in person for the first time this weekend. So beautiful! As Scarlett O'Hara would say, I'm "pea green with envy!" :rotfl:

19. Joyciemc

Joyciemc DIS Veteran

Now I can work on planning! Though it's technically Mark's trip and I am just tagging along, I don't want to be too bossy... but it's hard not to plan!

They really are both awesome resorts!

Now that my ticker is less than 11 months (by just a smidge :laughing: ), I really feel like the trip is closer!

20. Enchanted88

Enchanted88 A dream is a wish your heart makes

:yay:YAY for booking!! That's so exciting! It makes it feel more real when the dates are actually booked!! Now comes our obsessive planning and re-planning! hahaha:goodvibes

21. Joyciemc

Joyciemc DIS Veteran

I know! I can't wait to plan... but I need to remember to get input from our friends, and not make all the decisions myself :rolleyes1