Flowers, Segways & DIS Meets, Oh My! - Updated 10/26, Final Thoughts-FINALLY!

Happy to have you back :hug:
Ellllwwwwww I am so grossed out about that guy at Beauty and the Beast!!
I think I would have had to say something. Or move. Or glare...with the angry eyes!!
Great Stitch drawings!!! He looks hard! I thought this might have been when I saw you there too but looks like you went more than once too!! :goodvibes

Tracy

With the angry eyes! :laughing: Too funny! I think I did look over at them several times and made a face, but he was either oblivious or didn't care. We just scooted down a bit further away from them.

Stitch was easier than Pluto! The class we took together was in the update before this one, you must have missed it! Here's the link.

Thanks for the update!!! (And EEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIWWWW on the feet!! I probably turned around and given him a great big "Really??????" I am not the politest when I am hot :rolleyes1)

And kind of OT, but DS has that same A&F T that Jared has! When did our little guys grow into little men?? :sad1:

Hey there! I haven't seen you around here in awhile! Wasn't feet guy nasty? I really don't understand where some people's heads are at!

Our boys are growing up for sure! I tried to hide the fact that there was an A&F store for kids from him as long as I could, but as soon as he found it I was done for!

Great update. I still have intell Sept 7th for my boys to head back to school. Only time it is quite is between 4-8 when ds#1 is at football practice. Thank goodness we leave tomorrow night for disney.

Have a great trip to Disney! That's great that you are going now when so many kids have already gone back to school, might help with the crowds a bit :thumbsup2

Wow, Justin's already in high school!!! :scared1: I bet your house felt empty with the boys back in school! I don't have to report back until the last week of August, but teacher inservices have already started.

LOVE your Beauty and the Beast pictures. That show NEVER grows old for me...it's my favorite! :goodvibes That is disgusting about the feet though...unbelievable!

Very cool that you made it back to the Animation Academy! :cool2: Both of you did a great job on your drawings!

I know! I can't believe he's in HS either, and believe me I was a nervous wreck yesterday - probably will be all year. :laughing:

BATB is like FOTLK at AK, no matter how many times you see it it's always enjoyable. They are just so well done!

Great update! Love BATB-- gets me emotional every time! Your pictures of the NY area are great, too. I always find that that's such a peaceful place and soak in what Disney does best-- the details!

You're right, the Streets of America is a great place to go and just soak in the atmosphere. So many great things to look at!

I'm sorry about your Aunt.
I enjoyed your DHS update - sock guy was nasty!!!!!:confused:
My kidos started back to school today also. I got some good pictures of my daughter, but my son's high school doesn't start until 8:45. DH said we can get pictures of him tonight. I don't think he was thinking about he is in football for 3 hours a night after school. Won't make for a pretty picture.:rotfl:

Wow, 8:45 is kind of late for HS, nice for him though - he doesn't have to get up as early! Yeah, pictures after 3 hours of football wouldn't be good :laughing:

Your boys look great for their first day of school! :goodvibes

Great update; I enjoyed your walk through the Streets of America. :goodvibes Yuck about stinky sock guy... :sad2:

This was the first time I had had a chance to just stroll through the Streets of America part of the park and just enjoy all the details - it was nice!

Great update! Your pictures are so nice and clear. I love the BATB ones. They are great! Your mom is just smiling as much as ever! You both did a great job with Stitch!!!!

I know what you mean about being too hot to eat outside. I always feel like that at HS. So I usually end up at the ABC commissary too!

Love the umbrella picture!

Your boys are so cute/handsome. I hope they had a great first day back!

Thanks MEK! I have to give credit to the camera, it does a pretty good job :thumbsup2

Stitch is probably one of my least favorite characters, but he was fun to draw!

I had only eaten at the commissary once before and that was for breakfast - I was totally unimpressed, lunch wasn't bad though and the a/c was a huge bonus!

Both boys said the first day was boring - just going over rules and expectations.

The dude's feet at BATB...ick!! :sad2: Despite the nastiness, you captured some great pictures of the show!!!! Nice job on the Stitch drawing too. I'm always so impressed at how well people do, I'm scared to try it and have the most hilarious picture ever. :laughing:

Great pictures of the boys too! First day of high school, huh? Eeek!

Wasn't sweaty feet guy gross?! We tried to scoot down as far away from him as we could and did our best to ignore it.

I bet you'll do fine in the drawing class, they really do break it down into fairly easy to follow steps :thumbsup2

Yeah, first day of HS - eek is right! He said he has one class that he was sure he was in the wrong place when he walked in. It's an elective (Computer Ed 1) and him and a friend of his are the only two freshmen in the class - I hope he doesn't get picked on :eek:

Streets of America = so much fun! Weird and I explored the area later at night and there really wasn't anyone around. Haha, some parts were actually a little scary because if it's supposed to be NY, it's not safe to be out that late in NY! I saw the laundry there too! LOVE the details! Next time we'll have to explore when it's brighter out so our pictures could be clearer.

Woo hoo, Animation Academy again! We drew Stitch too but it was a little bit different.

Great pictures of the BATB show. I haven't seen it it years.

Signing up. :surfweb:

I read the whole thing in one shot. What a lovely mother/ daughter trip.:cutie: Your mother is such a trooper to go on all those thrill rides. :thumbsup2

I love ALL the pictures. I think we had the same "Gaston" on our last visit to DHS. "The Beauty and the beast" is one of my favorite shows also.

I really liked your pictures of the topiaries. I am going to try to schedule our next trip for the beginning of May. The festival seems really incredible.

Anyways, I can't wait to read more.

Q

Cute first day pics of the boys! Can't believe Justin is in high school! How did his first week go? Is he loving it? My nephew started high school this year, too, and my SIL was laughing because last night he went to the football game, but before he left he asked her, "What do you do at a football game anyway?" :laughing: We are such a soccer/baseball family! :lmao:

I haven't eaten at the ABC Commissary in YEARS! It used to be one of our regular places when I was a kid.

Yeay for seeing the Indy show and exploring the Streets of America! It does look completely empty back there!

Ewww to the man with his sweaty feet -- some people have no class. :sad2:

Adorable picture with you and your mom with Sorcerer Mickey! Just ignore the people with the odd looks -- you are never too old to get your picture made with Mickey!

Your Stitches came out very good! :thumbsup2

Ah, you saw Bo!!! We miss him a lot! :goodvibes

I'm always so impressed at how well people do, I'm scared to try it and have the most hilarious picture ever. :laughing:

You can do it with me, Brook. I promise, you will come out feeling very good about your work! :thumbsup2

IMG_4234.jpg

IMG_4235.jpg

IMG_4238.jpg

This is such a neat area. Every time I go back there, I notice something new.

Great update!

I love your pics of the Beauty and the Beast show but ewww about the guy airing out his stinky feet.

Looking forward to more:goodvibes

So sorry to hear about your Aunt Michelle.:sad2:

Glad you and your mom braved it out in the line up and didn't bail before getting your photos taken with Mickey. You are right - you need to do that at least once per trip!

How did you like the Indy show? I haven't seen it in over 10years...wondering if you felt it was worth it or not.

Good call on skipping Starring Rolls to get inside for lunch. We definitely needed the break in air conditioning for meals that week!;)

That is revolting that someone put their feet up beside you on the bench...gross!!! :mad:

Looking forward to more!:)

Michelle, love the pics of the boys on the first day of school. You now have a high schooler -- those four years are going to fly by, believe me. :sad2:

We've missed Beauty & The Beast the last two years so I want to be sure and see it this year. Mark and I get in line for the characters all the time -- let them look. EVERYONE is a kid at Disney World. :love:

Great shot of your mom by the Singin' in the Rain umbrella (I've never seen it either...another thing to be on the look out for).

I loved the Beauty and the Beast pictures! I think I mentioned before that we seemed to be hitting the same parks on the same days, so it should have been no surprise to me that you had the same actors in the show. We didn't experience any stinky feet episodes though, gross.

I think we may have crossed pathes though if you had hit up Starring Rolls. I stopped by to grab my cupcake, but we didn't want to eat in the park - like you mentioned, it was just too hot there that week.

Streets of America = so much fun! Weird and I explored the area later at night and there really wasn't anyone around. Haha, some parts were actually a little scary because if it's supposed to be NY, it's not safe to be out that late in NY! I saw the laundry there too! LOVE the details! Next time we'll have to explore when it's brighter out so our pictures could be clearer.

The Street of America are themed so well! That's too funny that you felt a little nervous since you aren't supposed to be out late in NY :laughing: I guess Disney did a good job with the details!

Woo hoo, Animation Academy again! We drew Stitch too but it was a little bit different.

Great pictures of the BATB show. I haven't seen it it years.

Love the Animation Academy, I could go over and over and over again!

I saw BATB in 2005, then didn't see it again until our December trip last year. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why we had skipped it on our other trips, it's so good!

Signing up. :surfweb:

I read the whole thing in one shot. What a lovely mother/ daughter trip.:cutie: Your mother is such a trooper to go on all those thrill rides. :thumbsup2

I love ALL the pictures. I think we had the same "Gaston" on our last visit to DHS. "The Beauty and the beast" is one of my favorite shows also.

I really liked your pictures of the topiaries. I am going to try to schedule our next trip for the beginning of May. The festival seems really incredible.

Anyways, I can't wait to read more.

Q

Wow, read it all in one shot huh? Hope the links in the first post helped you catch up :thumbsup2 Thanks so much for reading and :welcome: I've seen you around, I think we subscribe to several of the same TRs!

The F&G festival really is a must see. I've got lots more topiary pics coming up in my next update.

Cute first day pics of the boys! Can't believe Justin is in high school! How did his first week go? Is he loving it? My nephew started high school this year, too, and my SIL was laughing because last night he went to the football game, but before he left he asked her, "What do you do at a football game anyway?" :laughing: We are such a soccer/baseball family! :lmao:

Justin's first few days have been good, I think he's really liking the extra freedom at HS, makes him feel more grown up. He had his first real basketball workout today, I think he thought he was going to die :laughing: He's in pretty good shape as far as running and stuff goes, but he has never worked out much with weights or done target exercises. I told him if he thought he was sore tonight, wait until morning!

Too funny that your nephew didn't know what to do at a football game, Justin would probably be like that with soccer!

I haven't eaten at the ABC Commissary in YEARS! It used to be one of our regular places when I was a kid.

It really wasn't bad. I read lots of awful reviews of it, but it was fine and it was nice to be in the a/c!

Yeay for seeing the Indy show and exploring the Streets of America! It does look completely empty back there!

It was pretty empty, we only saw a handful of people!

Ewww to the man with his sweaty feet -- some people have no class. :sad2:

It was really icky :sad2:

Adorable picture with you and your mom with Sorcerer Mickey! Just ignore the people with the odd looks -- you are never too old to get your picture made with Mickey!

That's what I thought! I was surprised we got the odd looks, even the CM acted a little weird!

Ah, you saw Bo!!! We miss him a lot! :goodvibes

Did you find anything out about him on your trip, I take he wasn't there? :sad2:

You can do it with me, Brook. I promise, you will come out feeling very good about your work! :thumbsup2

I bet you'd both do a great job!

This is such a neat area. Every time I go back there, I notice something new.

So many wonderful details! :goodvibes

Great update!

I love your pics of the Beauty and the Beast show but ewww about the guy airing out his stinky feet.

Looking forward to more:goodvibes

Thanks, yeah, stinky feet guy was pretty gross - don't know what he was thinking......

So sorry to hear about your Aunt Michelle.:sad2:

Thank-you Trish

Glad you and your mom braved it out in the line up and didn't bail before getting your photos taken with Mickey. You are right - you need to do that at least once per trip!

I'm glad we did it too, you have to have a picture with Mickey!

How did you like the Indy show? I haven't seen it in over 10years...wondering if you felt it was worth it or not.

We've seen it almost every trip and really enjoy it. I may skip it next time though, afterall it is the same thing every time....

Good call on skipping Starring Rolls to get inside for lunch. We definitely needed the break in air conditioning for meals that week!;)

It was so hot, we really needed to get out of the heat for awhile. I did miss out on getting a cupcake from Starring Rolls again though - I have to make that a priority next time!

That is revolting that someone put their feet up beside you on the bench...gross!!! :mad:

Yep, it was gross :sad2:

Michelle, love the pics of the boys on the first day of school. You now have a high schooler -- those four years are going to fly by, believe me. :sad2:

We've missed Beauty & The Beast the last two years so I want to be sure and see it this year. Mark and I get in line for the characters all the time -- let them look. EVERYONE is a kid at Disney World. :love:

Great shot of your mom by the Singin' in the Rain umbrella (I've never seen it either...another thing to be on the look out for).

Oh, don't tell me Justin's HS years are going to go by so fast! I was a blubbering mess when I enrolled him just thinking that he is only 4 years away from college - it kills me to think of my baby growing up and leaving home!

I loved the Beauty and the Beast pictures! I think I mentioned before that we seemed to be hitting the same parks on the same days, so it should have been no surprise to me that you had the same actors in the show. We didn't experience any stinky feet episodes though, gross.

I think we may have crossed pathes though if you had hit up Starring Rolls. I stopped by to grab my cupcake, but we didn't want to eat in the park - like you mentioned, it was just too hot there that week.

Good thing you got to miss out on the stinky feet!

I thought about stopping at Starring Rolls to grab a cupcake on the way out too, but really wasn't hungry at all, so I didn't. :sad2:

When I last left you we had just finished up our morning and afternoon at Hollywood Studios. We had a 6:20 dinner ADR at Coral Reef and were trying to decide if we wanted to head back to the resort for a little break or if we wanted to just head over to Epcot. We decided to just go to Epcot and would call it an early night and leave right after dinner.

We saw a boat leaving the dock as soon as we headed in that direction and knew that that meant we would have about a 20 minute wait for another one. I contemplated just walking over to Epcot, but it was so hot, waiting in the shade for another boat seemed like the better alternative, even if it would be awhile.

Mom took this pic of me while we waited.

100_0950-1.jpg

Finally a boat arrived and we were able to grab a couple of seats. I was seriously bummed though because there was NO AIR on the boat! I don't know if it wasn't working or if the driver was just insane and liked the feel of baking in an oven, either way it was stifling in there! We made the decision to get off at the Beach Club and just walk the rest of the way to the International Gateway (or Christine & Anita's private entrance, whichever you prefer :thumbsup2 ). I knew the boat had to go to the Boardwalk before heading to Epcot, and getting off at BC turned out to be a good move because the boat was still docked at the Boardwalk when we arrived at the gates.

No sooner did we get inside and it started to sprinkle. Then the sprinkle turned into rain. We ducked inside one of the stores in France and just looked around a bit. It was so pretty in there!

IMG_4303.jpg

IMG_4304.jpg

IMG_4305.jpg

IMG_4306.jpg

It was still raining so we decided to dash over and check out the film, Impressions de France. While we waited we started talking to a man who was there by himself. He said he lived in the area and used to work at WDW and he often popped over to stroll around Epcot. Turns out he owned a skydiving instruction school, and I have a cousin who is a professional skydiver - small world, he knew who she was! Anyway, soon enough it was time for the film to start and I loved it. It is so beautifully done, and I really liked that you were able to sit down for this one, that helped with the bit of nausea that I sometimes feel when watching things that surround you.

After it was over the rain had died down and it was just sprinkling so we headed out to stroll around WS and see some more of the Flower & Garden topiaries that we had yet to see.

A few pictures from France

100_0951.jpg

IMG_4307.jpg

IMG_4308.jpg

IMG_4309.jpg

IMG_4311.jpg

IMG_4312a.jpg

IMG_4314.jpg

IMG_4315.jpg

Beauty and the Beast characters

IMG_4316.jpg

IMG_4321.jpg

Aladdin in Morocco

IMG_4323.jpg

Topiaries in front of the American Adventure

IMG_4324.jpg

IMG_4325.jpg

IMG_4326.jpg

Probably my favorite of all of them, Lady & the Tramp in Italy

IMG_4328.jpg

Continued in the next post

Next was China and the sculptures from the 12 signs of the zodiac. I tried to get them all, but could only find 11. I know now (thanks to wdwgirl03) that the rabbit is the one I missed.

IMG_4329.jpg

IMG_4330.jpg

I was born in the year of the rooster

IMG_4331.jpg

Here is what the sign said about me:

The Rooster is a hard worker, shrewd and definite in decision making often speaking his mind. Because of this you tend to seem boastful to others. You are a dreamer, flashy dresser and extravagant to an extreme. Born under this sign you should be happy as a restaurant owner, publicist, soldier or world traveler.

I have to admit, it does sound a bit like me - I know I'd be happy as a world traveler! :thumbsup2

IMG_4333.jpg

IMG_4334.jpg

IMG_4335.jpg

IMG_4336.jpg

IMG_4337.jpg

IMG_4338.jpg

IMG_4340.jpg

IMG_4342.jpg

2010 is the year of the tiger

IMG_4346.jpg

IMG_4345.jpg

And a few more from the area

IMG_4339.jpg

IMG_4341.jpg

IMG_4343.jpg

I took this picture of the sky as we were leaving China, I thought it looked so pretty! :goodvibes

IMG_4344.jpg

Continued in the next post

It was now time to check in for our dinner at Coral Reef.

IMG_4347.jpg

I had booked this ADR against my better judgment. I had eaten here once before and while the food was good, getting seated and being served took forever. I took a gamble that that was a one time bad experience. We checked in and were soon led to our table. Here was our view during dinner.

IMG_4349.jpg

Things were looking good, we were seated quickly. And, our service started out very good.........it just didn't stay that way. We ordered our drinks, Magical Stars all around again

IMG_4352.jpg

IMG_4351.jpg

And then the waiting began, it took forever for our server to come back and take our order, took forever to get our food, took forever to get our check - you get the picture! On the bright side our meal was very good. I got the Mahi Mahi, I'm not a huge fish fan, but this was delish

IMG_4353.jpg

Mom ordered the seasonal catch, which was Swordfish served with mushroom risotto. She loved hers as well.

IMG_4354.jpg

For dessert I decided to venture away from crème brulee and got the chocolate wave instead.

IMG_4355.jpg

It was good, but so rich I couldn't finish it. I found myself looking longingly at Mom's butterscotch crème brulee

IMG_4356.jpg

When we finally left the restaurant we had been there over and hour and a half, the longest meal of our trip by far. I also overheard a group talking as we were leaving and they had been there 2 hours, they were not happy. :sad2: As good as the food is here, I'm not sure I'll give it another try, two experiences with slow service is probably enough.

We decided to pop into MouseGears for a 'quick' look around, I wanted to find the 4 Parks, 1 World CD. We ended up shopping for quite awhile, didn't end up with too much though. Here is what I got.

The CD

100_5509.jpg

A magnetic note pad that I have on my fridge. I use it to make my grocery lists, adds a bit of fun to that chore - I hate grocery shopping, and being able to look at that fun paper while I'm doing it makes it a bit easier :thumbsup2

100_5506.jpg

And a can cooler, which one of the boys has already managed to break :headache:

100_5533.jpg

I also bought this book for Jared earlier in the day at the store in the Animation Building at DHS. He's had fun trying to draw all the different characters, and I'll admit, I've tried a few myself!

100_5507.jpg

We then headed out to the bus stop, we were beat and ready for the comfy beds waiting for us back at CSR. We missed a bus by steps, again - that seemed to be a theme for this trip! But we only had to wait about 10 minutes for another one. This ride was completely opposite of our hot boat ride, it was absolutely freezing inside that bus - seriously, it felt like a meat locker! I was never so happy to walk out into the Florida heat as I was at the end of that ride.

Up next, our last full day in WDW :sad1:

Great update, Michelle. You got some GREAT photos. I'm sorry to hear you had slow service yet again at Coral Reef. We've not been in twelve years and were going to go this year until I couldn't switch it to the new time we wanted (so we're going to Biergarten which we love).

And a little heads up: you'll be a bigger bubbling mess when he goes off to college. Just ask my youngest. :hug:

Sounds like a great day!

I love that CD- I wear it out every chance I get !:laughing:

I can always tell how cold the bus is by how long my glasses stay fogged up when get off.:lmao: I have gotten off the bus taken 3 steps and then can't see.

Great update Michelle!!!

I have sworn off Coral Reef as well :sad2: We ate here again this year, the night the Blackhawks were playing for the Stanley Cup, and I was DYING to get out. We had a 90 minute meal as well. :rolleyes1

I am DEFINITELY going to look for that drawing book for DS! We love to spend an afternoon in the animation studio drawing the characters! :thumbsup2

I can't believe the next installment is your last full day already!! Tell Don it's time to start planning the next one :idea:

Love the focus on France! That's the one country we skipped this past April because it was so crowded! Haha, really, such a small world that the skydiver knew your sister!

Cute notepad! I like that you use it for a specific purpose. I know that if I bought a notebook or notepad, it wouldn't get used unless I had a certain reason. Otherwise I'd just keep it forever!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter