Flowers, Segways & DIS Meets, Oh My! - Updated 10/26, Final Thoughts-FINALLY!

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by SoonerGirl, May 13, 2010.

1. SoonerGirl

SoonerGirl DIS Veteran

Hi there, and welcome to my trip report! I just recently returned from a 7 night stay at Coronado Springs Resort, and while my trip didn't go exactly as planned, I still had a great time and have lots to share. If you want more particulars about the planning stages of the trip, a link to my PTR is in my siggy. :thumbsup2

I guess before I go any further I should introduce myself to those of you I may not have had the pleasure of meeting yet. My name in Michelle, I'm 40 years old, about to turn 41 - yikes! :scared1: I'm a SAHM to two boys. I mostly spend my time chauffeuring them to sporting practices and attending their games. This is a picture of me, taken this trip.

[​IMG]

I love WDW, all things Disney actually, but unfortunately I am married to someone who does not. My DH, Don, has said that he is done with Disney trips for at least the next few years (yes, I said YEARS!). Here's Don, my Disney Grump

[​IMG]

Our oldest DS, Justin, is 14 and will be starting high school in the fall - I'm really not sure how that happened, seems like I just dropped him off for his first day of kindergarten! Here I am with Justin a few weeks ago after his school awards assembly.

[​IMG]

Our youngest, Jared, is 9. He is a mess, totally all boy and all daredevil - he's making me old before my time! :laughing:

[​IMG]

My boys did not accompany me on this trip, however. It was a mother/daughter trip. My mom had never been to WDW and since my newly acquired AP was burning a hole in my pocket, I took some time to convince her that she needed to go. A picture of Mom, also taken during the trip

[​IMG]

We chose the first week of May first and foremost to be able to experience the Flower & Garden Festival, but also because I had read numerous times what a great time of year it was to go, temperature and crowd wise. Well, apparently EVERYONE read the same thing, because the crowd was anything but low, and we experienced plenty of summertime temps with highs in the 90s most days and plenty of humidity too - it was HOT! These two things combined to make the trip a little different than what I had envisioned, it was good, just not exactly what I was hoping for for what will probably be my last trip for a good long while.

Anyway, I've got plenty of fun stuff to share so I hope you'll stick around!

Links to my updates:

Day 1, We're in WDW!
    Day 1, Would you like a little grease with those chips?
    Day 1, OMG - that guy was naked!
    Proud Mama Moment
    Day 2, Our search for the baby gorilla
    Day 2, Did that tree just move?
    Day 2, We go on an expedition & get lost on safari!
    Day 2, Can you please get your emergency out of my way...
    Day 3, The Soarin' Stampede
    Day 3, Hey that's not me!
    Day 3, Our adventure in Disney transporation
    Day 4, We finally make it to the Magic Kingdom!
    The Zoo & Baseball
    Day 4, Anchors Aweigh!
    Day 4, Dessert anyone???
    Our new family member
    Day 5, Meeting Elton
    Day 5, Cinco de Mayo margaritas with DIS friends!
    St Louis Trip
    Day 5, Cirque & Shopping
    Day 6, Toy Story Madness???
    Day 6, Shows & sweaty feet
    Day 6, F&G topiaries and Coral Reef
    Day 7, Garden Town
    Day 7, A little World Showcase time
    Day 7, An afternoon of doing nothing & a great last meal
    Day 8, Saying Goodbye
    Final thoughts - finally!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MHTeacher

MHTeacher DIS Veteran

Am I first? YAY! :yay:

Now, I've gotta go back and actually read---I was too excited when I saw no one had replied yet, and that I had the chance to be first !

4. MHTeacher

MHTeacher DIS Veteran

Ok, I went back to actually read what you had written! :)

I can't wait to hear how you liked CSR. The pics of the new rooms make it look really pretty.

Your mom is so pretty, and she looks so young! :)

You always have such good TRs, and great pictures. :thumbsup2 I'll be waiting for more! popcorn::

5. stace208

stace208 DIS Veteran

Great start Michelle! Great pictures of you and your mom. Can't wait to see more of your wonderful pictures and hear all about the trip.:goodvibes

6. Nermel9

Nermel9 DIS Veteran

Hi I'm joining in! I was probably there the same time as you, I just got back on Tuesday! I agree, it was HOT, which was not what I expected, and CROWDED, which again, I did not expect! Can't wait to read more! I just started a trip report of my own...and then deleted it because I didn't like how it was coming out! Hopefully I'll start again tomorrow! :rotfl:

7. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

I'm here Michelle and can't wait to read your trip report.

8. lovegrumpy

lovegrumpy DIS Veteran

Subbing. Can't wait to see hear how it went with your mom. I have thought about taking my mom sometime.

9. dellasgirl

dellasgirl Mouseketeer

Hi Michelle
    I am here
    can't wait for the trip report to begin
    :)

10. kcandbella

kcandbella DIS Veteran

I don't think any of us got what we were expecting! But I'm glad you and your mom ended up having a mostly good time. I am excited to read about it and especially to hear more about that Segway tour!!!

11. princess&her4princes

princess&her4princes DIS Veteran

Hey Michelle!
    Just saw you started a TR! Can't wait to read it!!!!:goodvibes

12. MeMom

MeMom DIS Veteran

Your mom looks plenty happy. I bet she had a great trip just spending time with her little girl. :) It was pretty hot, wasn't it? We didn't do much in the parks, and it was nice to let the girls cool off in the pool when we got back to AKL.

I think I may have beat one of our common DIS meeters to your report. :rolleyes1 Let's see how long it takes for her (yeah, you, Kschafer) to recuperate and show back up around the boards. :laughing:

What kind of award is Justin holding? (Sorry, it's the mom in me. Totally non-DIS related.)

13. Happydog

Happydog DIS Veteran

:goodvibes YAY for first page!!! :goodvibes

I am sure the weather and crowds caught you off guard, but I am sure you bounced back okay. Can't wait to hear all about it and SEE all about it! :laughing:

14. MousekaMaddi

MousekaMaddi DIS Veteran

15. jenjolt

jenjolt Loves All Things Disney!

WOOT!! I'm here!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!!

16. cdotla

cdotla Trish

Joining in! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!:goodvibes

17. gellybean

gellybean DIS Veteran

Doing the first page dance!!! :cool1:

Woo hoo!! Can't wait to read all about it. My mom and a gf of hers are there this week. I'm hoping the crowds and temps were better behaved for them then they were for you!

Your only Longhorn friend,

Gelly

:lmao:

Edit: I missed the first page by one post!!! :headache: I need to type faster apparently. :laughing:

18. RachelNinja

RachelNinja Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life

YAYYY! I wonder if you'll finish your TR before I finish mine :rotfl:

19. MaryAz

MaryAz DIS Veteran

Yay a TR!! Sorry about the heat and the crowds-glad you still had fun!

20. klacey1

klacey1 DIS Veteran

Joining in! LOVED your Christmas TR!

21. BippityBoo

BippityBoo DIS Veteran

I am here!! :yay: