Flowers and Firsts - A May 2010 PTR, 5/13 TR started! Link on pg 39

What a great trip... you packed a lot into that little bit of time!

Thanks for all the pictures, they are fabulous as always!

Kathy

Hi Michelle! You had quite an adventure, glad all is well with your son!
The zoo looked quite amazing, we have the National Zoo in DC which is nice but I like the country themeing you saw.
Graceland... very interesting! The rooms are very '70's! I had some "cool" older cousins that had the carpet on their celing. :rotfl: Not sure why that was so great but it was! :rotfl2:

Hey Michelle!:yay: The ONLY time I ever come to this board is to see pictures of your family, so thanks for the link. Memphis is a place I want to visit at some point as well. I've driven through but never stopped.:sad2: The zoo looks fabulous and I'd love to see Graceland. Did any of you have a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich at the cafe? I know they had to have them.:lmao:

Graceland looks really cool! The scary part is that I bet he hired a PROFESSIONAL to help decorate and make things look that ugly!!! :lmao: The family pics turned out really cute!

Yes! The audio did say that the two rooms in the basement (the navy & yellow room and the pool room) were professionally decorated! I don't remember if they said that about the jungle room or not, but I'm guessing it was too. I sure hope he didn't pay them alot of money for their services :lmao:

WOW! I am glad to see that your son is feeling better :goodvibes That must have been scary! Your pics from your trip look great! Elvis really did have odd taste! I am so happy your sons liked Princess and the Frog! It is even one of my husbands absolute favorites. I found him watching it alone on Saturday morning :lmao: Can't wait to read more! OH--are you going to WDW this Christmastime?

Not knowing what was causing Justin's pain was a little scary! He seems fine now though. :thumbsup2

The boys and I loved Princess and the Frog. Don went to the gym while we watched it, so he hasn't seen it yet, but I'm guessing he'll like it too. That is too funny that you caught your DH watching it alone! :laughing:

I'd love to go back to WDW again this Christmas, but there is just no way that the Disney Grump would go for it. I know of at least 2, possibly 3, vacations that we have to take as family first before he will agree to go back to WDW. :sad2:

Memphis seems like a neat place to visit with Graceland being a major draw I am sure! Neat mini report! :thumbsup2

We had a good time in Memphis, I don't think it's someplace that we would have just planned on going if Don hadn't had to go for work, but it was fun!

Memphis looks like a great get away! Thanks for sharing with us!

It was a nice little spring break get away - not as nice as the one you got to take, but nice none the less ;)

Looks like you guys had fun. Some day I'll get to see Elvis house. My dh said next time we move. So I still have 2yrs.

Well if the day we were there is any indication of the amount of people that go through there in a day, I don't think they will be closing up shop anytime soon! It'll still be there when your able to go:thumbsup2

What a great trip... you packed a lot into that little bit of time!

Thanks for all the pictures, they are fabulous as always!

Kathy

We really did do quite a bit in a short amount of time, I would have liked to have had another full day though. That wasted Tuesday kinda stunk!

Hi Michelle! You had quite an adventure, glad all is well with your son!
The zoo looked quite amazing, we have the National Zoo in DC which is nice but I like the country themeing you saw.
Graceland... very interesting! The rooms are very '70's! I had some "cool" older cousins that had the carpet on their celing. :rotfl: Not sure why that was so great but it was! :rotfl2:

We have a really nice zoo here too, but I did really like how they all the different areas themed so well, it was really nice.

Isn't funny what we think is 'cool' when we are kids?! Carpet on the ceiling - who woulda thunk that would be so awesome? :)

Hey Michelle!:yay: The ONLY time I ever come to this board is to see pictures of your family, so thanks for the link. Memphis is a place I want to visit at some point as well. I've driven through but never stopped.:sad2: The zoo looks fabulous and I'd love to see Graceland. Did any of you have a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich at the cafe? I know they had to have them.:lmao:

Hey Marna! Thanks for coming over to check it out. :thumbsup2 The zoo was great, definitely put that on your list!

You know, there were no fried peanut butter & banana sandwiches on the menu! :eek: Just burgers and hot dogs. There were two other places to grab something to eat there though, so maybe they had them someplace else :laughing:

Day 2 - Sunday, May 2nd

I think I mentioned before that Mom has never been to WDW, so I really want to cater the trip towards things that she is interested in doing. She is most excited to see all the flowers and topiaries at Epcot for the Flower & Garden Festival, but after that, the park she is most interested in visiting is Animal Kingdom. So, we will start day 2 with a trip to

Animal20Kingdom20Entrance.jpg

I will break down our list of things to do by land.

Dinoland: Only one thing appeals to Mom here and that is Finding Nemo - The Musical, and then she only wants to do it if time permits.

FindingNemoMusical_700x391.jpg

The rest of Dinoland is on the 'won't do' list.

Asia: Our 'must do' list is longer here! They include Kali River Rapids

kali-river-rapids.jpg

Expedition Everest (this is my must do - not sure if Mom will try it yet or not!)

Expedition-Everest-Yeti-783404.jpg

And the Maharajah Jungle Trek

If time permits we may see Flights of Wonder.

Africa: We have to ride the Safari and do the Pangani Forest Trail.

safariridenamego8.jpg

We'll skip Rafiki's Planet Watch and the Character Trails at Camp Minnie-Mickey, but we must, must, must see Festival of the Lion King!

Festival-of-the-Lion-King.jpg

Discovery Island: Have to see It's Tough to be a Bug, I love that show, and I also think Mom will enjoy the trails around the tree.

Now, for the most important part of the day - food :lmao:

Lunch today will be counter service, probably at Yak & Yeti

7a8cd01c0.jpg

or possibly

ak_piz1.jpg

We also HAVE to stop by the

Dawa_Bar_in_Disneys_Animal_Kingdom.jpg

for a Lost on Safari. And at some point I will really need to have a jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzel - yum!

We will probably take a break in the afternoon and head back to the resort to freshen up. Then we'll head to Epcot for our first glimpse of the

epcot_flower_festival_tinkerbell-re.png

We have a 6:25 ADR at one of my favorite Disney restaurants

tutto-italia-ristorante-1-12.jpg

After dinner we will shop around World Showcase (with no little boys sighing and asking me to hurry up ;) ), probably grab a Grey Goose Slush (I have not yet tried one of these and this MUST be rectified! :thumbsup2 )

BirthdayTrip09308.jpg

and wait for Illuminations

3229899929_abf1a2f40f.jpg

If we aren't too tired we might pop over to the Magic Kingdom for a bit of extra magic hours, but I have a feeling if we do go, we won't last long!

We're not doing Animal Kingdom this year, but boy oh boy, if we were, I'd definitely have to see Finding Nemo and FOTLK! I think it must be amazing to be part of those casts and get to perform in those shows on a daily basis. Such talent too, of course!

Love your Day 2 plans. AK is our third favorite park (DHS is last on the list). We have yet to see Finding Nemo and must make a point of catching it on the next trip.

You have another fabulous day planned! Can I tag along for Lost on Safaris and a dinner at Tutto? :laughing: Not to mention enjoying Animal Kingdom! :thumbsup2

You have another fabulous day planned! Can I tag along for Lost on Safaris and a dinner at Tutto? :laughing: Not to mention enjoying Animal Kingdom! :thumbsup2

DItto to all that CP says and more! YAY for Lost of Safari, and YAY for a fabulous day!!! I loved your quip about not having sighing boys to prod you along in your Epcot WS meandering... :laughing:

A Great day!!! The shrimp lo mein is pretty good, btw, don't know if you have tried it...

We will be following each other on Sunday ;) After I transfer over from Pop to Kidani I think we will be spending the day (or some of the day) at AK too :goodvibes We have dinner at the Wave sometime in the evening and then heading over to the MK for EMH :thumbsup2
I have yet to try Tutto after my former love Alfredo's left :sad1:

Looking forward to tomorrow when we are in the 30's :woohoo:

Tracy

We're not doing Animal Kingdom this year, but boy oh boy, if we were, I'd definitely have to see Finding Nemo and FOTLK! I think it must be amazing to be part of those casts and get to perform in those shows on a daily basis. Such talent too, of course!

I love AK and Nemo & FOTLK are both great shows. I agree, that would be a fun job!

Love your Day 2 plans. AK is our third favorite park (DHS is last on the list). We have yet to see Finding Nemo and must make a point of catching it on the next trip.

If I had to make a list, I'd probably put AK as 3rd too, but I hate classifing it as such because it's such a great park!

Finding Nemo is an entertaining show, not to mention it's a fabulous place to get out of the heat for awhile - you know how hot AK always feels!

Yep, I'd love to have you! :goodvibes You and HD were the ones that informed me about the Lost on Safari in the first place, so it's only fitting that you come enjoy one with me!

DItto to all that CP says and more! YAY for Lost on Safari, and YAY for a fabulous day!!! I loved your quip about not having sighing boys to prod you along in your Epcot WS meandering... :laughing:

A Great day!!! The shrimp lo mein is pretty good, btw, don't know if you have tried it...

Yes - you come too! Wouldn't that be fun! :thumbsup2

I'm excited to be able to take in WS at my own pace, my boys are always bugging me to go DO something :rolleyes:

I haven't had Y&Y CS yet, just eaten at the TS, so thanks for the tip!

We will be following each other on Sunday ;) After I transfer over from Pop to Kidani I think we will be spending the day (or some of the day) at AK too :goodvibes We have dinner at the Wave sometime in the evening and then heading over to the MK for EMH :thumbsup2
I have yet to try Tutto after my former love Alfredo's left :sad1:

Looking forward to tomorrow when we are in the 30's :woohoo:

Tracy

Maybe we'll bump into each other!

I loved Alfredo's too, and was very upset when they closed it. I went to Tutto the first time under protest :laughing: But, to my surprise, I really enjoyed it! Now it's on my 'we have to eat there every trip' list.

Can I just say that "Lost on Safari" is a whole new reason to go to Animal Kingdom?
Love it!
:goodvibes

Day two sounds great, too!!! If you DO manage to make it to EMH at MK, we may run into each other. The flower and garden festival looks so amazing--I know I can't wait! :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing your trip to Memphis! I would love to go there! I am a museum goer as well! I can't believe how similar China looked at the zoo- to China in WDW. CRAZY! hehe

I love AK. I know that your mom will love this park.

Shopping around WS without anyone bugging you?:cloud9::cloud9:

I don't drink much but I think I need to give this Lost on Safari a try! I'll wait and see what you think about it!

You started your PTR! :woohoo: Yay! I haven't been on for a couple of weeks and plan to read back tonight to catch up. Just wanted to say hi and I'm glad you decided to go ahead with your report.

What a wonderful day you've planned! I think you and your mom are going to really enjoy your time there together. It's nice to make an adult plan.... I know you'll miss your boys but what a treat for you and your mom! :goodvibes

Well I got all excited when I logged on this morning and saw a headline announcing that the Wishes Dessert Party will be returning on March 28th! :banana::banana: Well, that was short lived because I just got off the phone with Disney and the CM I spoke to said she hadn't been given a restart date for the party yet and they weren't taking reservations :sad1:

Here's the DIS link

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours.htm#dessertupdate

I guess the good news is, that it appears that it will be coming back - I'll just have to keep checking!

Can I just say that "Lost on Safari" is a whole new reason to go to Animal Kingdom?
Love it!
:goodvibes

I can't wait to try one!! :woohoo:

Day two sounds great, too!!! If you DO manage to make it to EMH at MK, we may run into each other. The flower and garden festival looks so amazing--I know I can't wait! :thumbsup2

If we make it over I'll be on the lookout for you! I'm really not sure if we'll brave it or not, I want to be at Epcot at opening the next morning, so a late night before is probably not the best idea......

Thanks for sharing your trip to Memphis! I would love to go there! I am a museum goer as well! I can't believe how similar China looked at the zoo- to China in WDW. CRAZY! hehe

I love AK. I know that your mom will love this park.

I thought the same thing about that China entrance at the zoo!

Shopping around WS without anyone bugging you?:cloud9::cloud9:

I don't drink much but I think I need to give this Lost on Safari a try! I'll wait and see what you think about it!

I'll be sure and give a full report about the Lost on Safari! I'm excited to try it. You know, I never even really noticed that that bar was there - to think I've been missing out on alcohol at AK all these years :lmao:

You started your PTR! :woohoo: Yay! I haven't been on for a couple of weeks and plan to read back tonight to catch up. Just wanted to say hi and I'm glad you decided to go ahead with your report.

Hey there! Thanks for coming over, so glad your here!

What a wonderful day you've planned! I think you and your mom are going to really enjoy your time there together. It's nice to make an adult plan.... I know you'll miss your boys but what a treat for you and your mom! :goodvibes

It will be odd going without the boys, I'm already thinking that I need to take them back - just the boys and me, no Disney Grump :idea: - I just have to figure out how to bring up the subject......

EEEEEIIIIIIEEEEE!!!! You just made me SO excited!!! Maybe I'll call and see what I'm told. this is the news I have been waiting for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter