Flowers and Firsts - A May 2010 PTR, 5/13 TR started! Link on pg 39

Wow, Michelle! I'm so glad to hear that everyone is ok! How scary! :scared1:

Thanks Lynne!

I'm so glad you guys are ok! That must have been scary. Gotta love the Midwest, huh? :lmao: We've been having warnings, but none have come too close yet. And I hope they don't!

Yep, never a dull moment living in the Midwest! Every May is like this, severe weather with tornado warnings, but this is the first time we've been directly effected.

Glad you guys are safe and sound. We just had the floods and storms here, you know, so I have a pretty good idea of what your town might look like right now. Makes us very grateful for all the normal days we have. :)

Thanks MeMom. Gosh, those images that I've seen of the floods in Tennessee are just awful :sad2: Mother Nature sure has been flexing her muscles lately!

I'm so glad that you guys are ok and the damage is minimal.:goodvibes

Thanks Stacy. All is well, just a little messy right now!

Wow... Thank God you are all okay! :worship:

I truly do not think I could live in tornado country... I would be a wreck every spring...

Kathy

Thanks Kathy. Really, living here is not all that bad. We moved here when I was in the 3rd grade and this is the first tornado that has directly effected me. It is something we have to deal with and think about every spring though!

OH my goodness!!! What a scary story! I do not know how you kept your cool with your children there :scared: I am so happy you are ok and your DH was able to come home to help.

We only have to worry about hurricanes here. I always thought that was really bad, but at least we have a few days warning! I still can not wait for your TR, but take your time and good luck with the insurance! :hug:

I had to stay cool and calm, I didn't want the kids to freak out, they were nervous enough as it was, I didn't want to add to that.

I was glad Don was able to come home too! He had to get someone else to do his presentation for him that he was supposed to give, but thankfully everyone understood and didn't give him a hard time about leaving.

You're right, you guys do get plenty of warning with hurricanes. We usually are aware that conditions are good for tornados so if we heed the warnings we can take precautions. I would hate to live out west where they have earthquakes - not having any idea that it was coming would be awful!

WOW!! I'm glad that you are all safe!! I grew up in Kansas so tornados are nothing new but I still get scared just the thought of them!!!

I can't wait for you to start your TR !!

Yep, Kansas gets just as many tornados as we do. It's crazy during the spring isn't it?

I'm planning on getting my TR started today! I just need to come up with a title........

Welcome back; can't wait until you start your report!

How scary about the tornado! So glad you're OK (and the dog, too)!

Glad that you are all ok!!! Just the thought of a tornado really scares me!!! I've been watching the Weather Channel & they've had the Tornado Stories on all week. I was scared the other night because we had a Tornado Warning...I'm not sure what I'd do if I ever heard the actual sirens...that is very scary!!! I'm glad your husband was able to come home to help you with the damage.

I can't wait to hear more about your Disney trip, but I'm sure we can all be patient while you are taking care of things at home! :goodvibes

They are scary just because you never know how strong they are going to be and what they are going to do, or really exactly where they are going to form. I was glad DH was able to get home too - I had no idea what to do with that big hole over our front porch!

Keeping an eye out for your TR to start. Really glad you guys are safe. You were the first person I thought of when I heard about the OK tornadoes. Probably because I don't associate with many Sooners. :lmao:

Seriously though. So thankful that you guys are ok and that your house seems to be minimally damaged. Scary. The stories pouring out of all these tornado damaged areas are so heart breaking. We've had a few tornadoes down here in Central Texas but nothing like the norm for OK and KS. Hoping it stays that way! This year's weather has just been nutso EVERYWHERE!

See ya on the TR board! :goodvibes

Hey there gelly, that's ok, you're about the only Longhorn I associate with, so I get it :thumbsup2

I know they get some tornados in North & West Texas, but I don't hear about many down where you live. The weather has just been crazy all over lately though hasn't it?!

I'll get my TR started soon - hopefully today.

Unbelievably happy that you guys are safe and sound! What an adventure! I don't know that I could stay as calm as you did.

Thanks Rachel. You would probably surprise yourself with how you would react in a similar situation. I didn't want to freak out and scare the kids even more, so calm was the way to go!

Wow michelle, glad it was just a baby that got you!!! We once had a BIG tree come down on our house in a storm and although the damage was isolated, it's such a pain to deal with insurance and contractors and have to wait to get your house back in shape!

So glad to hear you are all safe :hug:

Yep, we just a little one thankfully. I've seen first hand the devistation that a large F5 tornado can do - huge homes reduced to toothpicks. Ours was super mild compaired to that!

Ugh, I bet that was no picnic getting that tree removed! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that dealing with the insurance adjuster won't be too painful.....

Welcome back; can't wait until you start your report!

How scary about the tornado! So glad you're OK (and the dog, too)!

Thanks Denise, I'm going to do my best to get my TR going today. It will probably be later this afternoon. I have some things to do at Jared's school, but sometime today my TR will be a priority!

Wow-scary stuff! Glad everyone is safe---all the other stuff can be fixed! :thumbsup2

I missed all this---been baseballing for the past couple of days. I know how much your boys enjoy the sport, so just thought I'd share---Our HS baseball team won the state championship yesterday! Won the first two games of a 3 game series! :cheer2:

I'll be looking out for your TR!

Michelle, how scary!! I'm glad you are safe. If it makes you feel better about living in OK, we were in the 30's here in Minnesota. Brrr!

I may miss the start of your trippie because we leave for the beach tomorrow, but that just means I will have lots of fun stuff to read when I get back or if it rains at the beach I will be catching up on the DIS.:lmao:

Wow-scary stuff! Glad everyone is safe---all the other stuff can be fixed! :thumbsup2

I missed all this---been baseballing for the past couple of days. I know how much your boys enjoy the sport, so just thought I'd share---Our HS baseball team won the state championship yesterday! Won the first two games of a 3 game series! :cheer2:

I'll be looking out for your TR!

Congratulations to them! Justin has tryouts on Saturday for the 9th grade summer team. We know two of the HS coaches quite well and I feel confident that he will get a spot, but you just never know for sure. Keep your fingers crossed for him!

Does Reid play baseball?

Michelle, how scary!! I'm glad you are safe. If it makes you feel better about living in OK, we were in the 30's here in Minnesota. Brrr!

Brrrrrr - I thought it was cold here today, 58, but that doesn't sound so bad compaired to your temps!

I may miss the start of your trippie because we leave for the beach tomorrow, but that just means I will have lots of fun stuff to read when I get back or if it rains at the beach I will be catching up on the DIS.:lmao:

Ooooo, have fun Melanie! I see the link to your report in your siggy - I'll get over there and check it out :thumbsup2

I honestly used to ignore the sirens, stupid I know, but I was just so used to them going off and then not having anything happen, that I would just flip on the news and sort of half watch just in case. But about 10 years or so ago we had MASSIVE tornados that wiped out entire neighborhoods go through here. One of the largest hit just about 10 miles north of where we live, I started paying much closer attention to it after that!

We don't have sirens but I never paid attention when they would put out tornado warnings. Never had one around here that I knew of...then 2 years ago Ben came home from school and said there was a tornado warning....I said "We don't have tornadoes here" Huh, famous last words. A few minutes later my friend called in a panic saying that a tornado was right over my neighborhood!:scared1: Me, being brillant, went outside to look around. Sure enough I saw the thing moving across the back of my neighborhood. But, our neighborhood was lucky as it didn't completely touch down. Parts of other neighborhoods were completely demolished...whole shopping centers were destroyed. I'll never forget it and we sure take those warnings more serious now!!

Hey Michelle! I have finally caught up, and I can't believe I didn't know what you were dealing with after just returning from vacation!!!!:scared1:

And here I was complaining about work and laundry!:rotfl:

So glad to hear that everyone is safe and sound, and your damage wasn't too bad. Good luck getting everything back to normal, and can't wait for the start of your report! You and your mom were so great, and I wish I had a chance to chat with you more at the meet!:goodvibes

We don't have sirens but I never paid attention when they would put out tornado warnings. Never had one around here that I knew of...then 2 years ago Ben came home from school and said there was a tornado warning....I said "We don't have tornadoes here" Huh, famous last words. A few minutes later my friend called in a panic saying that a tornado was right over my neighborhood!:scared1: Me, being brillant, went outside to look around. Sure enough I saw the thing moving across the back of my neighborhood. But, our neighborhood was lucky as it didn't completely touch down. Parts of other neighborhoods were completely demolished...whole shopping centers were destroyed. I'll never forget it and we sure take those warnings more serious now!!

Funny how it just takes one crazy storm to get our attention huh?!

Hey Michelle! I have finally caught up, and I can't believe I didn't know what you were dealing with after just returning from vacation!!!!:scared1:

And here I was complaining about work and laundry!:rotfl:

So glad to hear that everyone is safe and sound, and your damage wasn't too bad. Good luck getting everything back to normal, and can't wait for the start of your report! You and your mom were so great, and I wish I had a chance to chat with you more at the meet!:goodvibes

Ha! I did plenty of complaining about my mounds of laundry as well. Little did I know at the time that something much bigger was waiting for me right around the corner! :laughing:

It would have been great to get to spend more time with you - we could lick our wounds together since we are both married to Disney Grumps!

Link to the TR coming right up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter