• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flowers and Firsts - A May 2010 PTR, 5/13 TR started! Link on pg 39

Katie - if you call, please let me know what they tell you - you know some CMs seem to be more 'in the know' than others :thumbsup2

Goodness, I was behind two updates. It looks like you guys had a good time in Memphis. My sister and her husband go there pretty often for long weekends but I've never been. As for Graceland, I guess the decor was pretty modern back when he had it done. Don't know if I would have liked it even back then though.:rolleyes:

I love the Animal Kingdom and think your plans look very good. For some reason, we just can't seem to like the Finding Nemo show. We've tried it a couple of times and each time, we come out disappointed. Guess it's just us.:confused3 Now, the Festival of the Lion King is a totally different story. Fantastic is one of the words that I often use to describe it.

I'm kind of shocked that they can't book the desert party yet. I would like to see pictures of the offerings and seating area - hope you get a ressie! I enjoyed your Memphis pictures. My son & I went to Graceland when DH was at a conference - the place is so 70's cheesy, but kind of cool. Did you get a bunch of snow dumped on you this weekend? We got 10-12 inches at our house & had a interesting trip trecking to Tulsa for a concert. Crazy!

The Ak/Epcot day sounds fun!! Are you sure you won't want to take your mom on Dinosaur? Or does she not dig scary things? LOL!! Is that your IllumiNations photo?! Wow!!!! That is simply gorgeous.

Goodness, I was behind two updates. It looks like you guys had a good time in Memphis. My sister and her husband go there pretty often for long weekends but I've never been. As for Graceland, I guess the decor was pretty modern back when he had it done. Don't know if I would have liked it even back then though.:rolleyes:

I love the Animal Kingdom and think your plans look very good. For some reason, we just can't seem to like the Finding Nemo show. We've tried it a couple of times and each time, we come out disappointed. Guess it's just us.:confused3 Now, the Festival of the Lion King is a totally different story. Fantastic is one of the words that I often use to describe it.

Yeah, the Graceland decor is very 70's, I'm sure it was all the rage when it was done - but I'm with ya, I'm sure I wouldn't have liked that pool room at least!

Finding Nemo is not nearly as good as FOTLK, but I enjoy it - if for no other reason than to take a break in the A/C :thumbsup2

I saw the news about the dessert party today as well -- I am hoping it lasts through the summer (and that we make it there!).

You'll get there Jackie! :hug:

I'm kind of shocked that they can't book the desert party yet. I would like to see pictures of the offerings and seating area - hope you get a ressie! I enjoyed your Memphis pictures. My son & I went to Graceland when DH was at a conference - the place is so 70's cheesy, but kind of cool. Did you get a bunch of snow dumped on you this weekend? We got 10-12 inches at our house & had a interesting trip trecking to Tulsa for a concert. Crazy!

We were in Memphis just tagging along with Don while he worked too. I thought Graceland was pretty cool too.

We didn't get near the snow that they had predicted, only about an inch - it all went NE of us, to you obviously! Isn't it crazy having a snow storm like that this time of year?? What concert did you go to?

I just booked the wishes dessert party for May 8

party:

Ooooo, thanks Katie - off to try again!!

The Ak/Epcot day sounds fun!! Are you sure you won't want to take your mom on Dinosaur? Or does she not dig scary things? LOL!! Is that your IllumiNations photo?! Wow!!!! That is simply gorgeous.

I HATE Dinosaur, I only go on it because my kids like it. It's way too jerky and bumpy for my taste. I don't think Mom would like that aspect of it either - the scary isn't so bad.

I wish that was my Illuninations photo! Isn't it awesome?! But, it's not - almost all of the pictures in my plans I found using google.

Just needed to do a little happy dance here! Thanks to Katie's heads up, I called Disney dining and we are booked for the Wishes Dessert Party on Tuesday May 4th!!

2-1.gif
yahoo.gif

Day 3 - Monday, May 3rd

This morning will take Mom and I to Epcot

florida-disney-world-epcot-center.jpg

Where we will most definitely ride Spaceship Earth. But, we will not start out there, no first we will head over to The Land for Soarin'

soarin.jpg

I can't wait for Mom to experience this attraction, I just know she is going to love it!

We'll also head over to The Seas to take a spin in a clamshell and say hey to Crush

WDWYMD9.jpg

TurtleTalkThumb.jpg

Last, but not least, on the Future World ride circuit will be

Walt20Disney20World20Epcot20Future2.jpg

Today we also have the Behind the Seeds Tour - I've always thought it would be an interesting tour to take - I hope I'm right!

land_pump.jpg

For lunch I had been planning on eating at the Cantina in Mexico, but it will be closed while we are there, so instead I think we will eat in Norway

3469213421_8152b98a2b.jpg

I've never eaten there, but I've heard they have good sandwiches and I'm pretty sure that I need to try that school bread that everyone always raves about!

3327883119_7716ceca56.jpg

We will take plenty of time this afternoon to take in all the flowers and topiaries out for the F&G Festival, and we may try and take either the English Tea Garden Tour or the Fragrance Tour in France.

Dinner tonight will take us to the Grand Floridian

grand-floridian-hotel-001.jpg

We have a 6:20 ADR @ The Grand Floridian Cafe. This is another new restaurant for me and I'm looking forward to trying it!

GFCAFE_1_998.jpg

I have nothing planned for after dinner, we may look through the shops at the GF and then call it a night, or we may head back to Epcot or hop over to the MK, or we might go to DTD for a couple of hours to shop there - we'll just do whatever strikes us at the time!

Woo hoo for booking the dessert party! Once I know for sure that we are headed to Disney, I will call and see if it extends into July!

I can't wait to hear about the Grand Floridian Cafe, and your experience with school bread -- those are two things we have never tried either!

I listen to the Soarin' music almost every morning in the car because, secretly, I wish I could start off every morning with a ride on it. :laughing:

Is it sad I am excited to hear about where you are eating on day 3? I'm going to say it's because I would EXPECT for you to ride soarin, SE, TT and to browse the WS. It's the excitement of "what will she eat?" that just gets me!! (OK, my life is a little sad)

I can't wait to try school bread and am excited to eat at GFC as well!

Behind the seeds sounds fun to me too, can't wait to hear about it!

Jackie, they are only booking the dessert party through May right now so you have time still!

How fantastic! What a grown up WDW trip :cloud9:

We got snacks in Norway last trip and I think that it is one of the best kept secrets in WDW! Such a charming place and soooo fresh and delicious! I am interested in reading about the sandwiches! Yum!

We stayed at the Grand Floridian in 08 and I poked my head into the GF Cafe. Soooo pretty, can't wait to read your review. Sounds like a GREAT Epcot day. I am sooo jealous :goodvibes

I had a lot to catch up on in the week that I've been gone.

First---sounds like you had a fabulous trip to Memphis with Don and the boys. I have never been to the Civil Rights Museum, or Graceland. The zoo, however, I have been to and it is a really good one. :thumbsup2

Love your day 2 and 3 plans for you and your mom. Have you eaten CS at Yak/Yeti? The menu looks really good. We may have to try that in May.

Glad you got your Wishes dessert party booked. Your mom will love it! :goodvibes

Yay for booking the Wishes dessert party! I debated, but decided it is not for us. We will also be at Epcot on Monday!!! We are doing the EMH Sun night though, so no RD that day. We will probably relax in the AM, then head to Epcot in the early afternoon. We have dinner ressies at Teppan Edo that evening. That school bread looks really yummy!!! :goodvibes

We didn't get near the snow that they had predicted, only about an inch - it all went NE of us, to you obviously! Isn't it crazy having a snow storm like that this time of year?? What concert did you go to?
Black Eyed Peas, Ludicris & LMAFO. We missed LMAFO. I was getting DS a t-shirt when Ludicris was on, but I got to see a few of his songs. He is...... way to loud for me!:confused3 My cup was vibrating when he was on!!! Black Eyed Peas were awesome! I haven't been to a concert since before my oldest was born.

The Wishes dessert party seems like so much fun! If they extend it I might have to check into that.

Your day sounds great! You will love school bread. Yummo! The GFC looks so pretty. I glanced in there last summer when we were resort hopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter