Florida Gator football lovers: A perspective on your program

Bradford is twice the player Tebow is. Just wait until they get to the NFL, then we will see... Tebow as a TE/slot WR.

he has already quit his team in his mind and actions? Heck no PH is no quitter! The "christian" was what some poster put as a dig on TEBOW, Bradford can't hold a candle to him off the field. That poster was saying half a quote from Tebow and saying basically he wasn't christiab. And no I don't hate OU at all!

"With his teammates standing behind him and the media before him, Sam Bradford discussed his future and the disappointment of a junior season that ended virtually before it began. "To make this decision and realize I've probably played my last game" at OU, Bradford said before hesitating, "It's really tough." Bradford announced Sunday, through an OU press release, that he would have season-ending surgery on his injured right (throwing) shoulder. Tonight, he discussed that decision with the media during a press conference on campus. Bradford said teammates have supported him while he's tried to return from an injury, and several - including All-America tight end Jermaine Gresham, who also is out for the season and plans to move on to the NFL - stood behind him at the podium. Bradford's shoulder surgery is scheduled for Wednesday with noted surgeon Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Ala. If that surgery and the recovery goes well, Bradford, a junior, will forego his final season at OU and enter the 2010 NFL Draft. Bradford said he hasn't signed with an agent. "I'm not going to seek an agent until after the season," Bradford said. "By doing that I'll still be able to travel and take part with this team." Bradford has to formally enter his name for the NFL Draft by Jan. 15. His projected recovery time is 4-6 months. Will he know if he's ready to enter the draft by January? "As long as I'm on the right track, as long as the doctors feel I'm making the progress necessary...I think I'll have plenty of information to make that decision," He was projected by some as the No. 1 player in the 2009 NFL Draft, but he elected to return to OU instead. Bradford said it was his dream to play for the Sooners. "To me money is not everything," Bradford said. And of his OU experience: "I wouldn't trade a day of it," Bradford said."

Sorry, that doesn't sound like someone who has "quit the team in his mind and actions".

He was injured in the first game of the season. He could have had surgery then, and been done with it, but he didn't. He spent six difficult weeks recovering and rehabilitating his shoulder so he could return to the field. When he did, he got hit in the exact same way, and injured the shoulder again. When is enough, enough?? Six more weeks of recovery and rehab, the season is over, and he wasn't going to be any help to his team anyway. It was time to make decisions about his future. As it is, he is on the sidelines at every game, working with Jones and supporting his teammates. That doesn't seem like someone who has quit the team to me.

And, I find it very offensive to "compare" someone's Christianity to someone else's. How do you know Sam can't hold a candle to Tebow?? Do you know him? Just because his faith and good deeds aren't splashed all over ESPN and SI doesn't mean they aren't there. And. last I checked, Christianity isn't a competition. I know you didn't appreciate the comments about Tebow's Christianity, but two wrongs don't make a right, and there was no need to insult Sam.

and SB is a team quitter....christian?? yeah....

he has already quit his team in his mind and actions?

Woah, woah, woah...

Sam Bradford quit his team?!?

He has injured his shoulder and recently had surgery. How does that make him a "team quitter"? I would like you to answer that question for me. I really would.

He was on the field this past Saturday with his arm in a sling...WITH his teammates. The entire game.

Answer please.

Bradford is twice the player Tebow is. Just wait until they get to the NFL, then we will see... Tebow as a TE/slot WR.

I never mentioned him being a better football player, and I am not sure Tebow will do well in the NFL.

and kari or pp we will just have to disagree.

I never mentioned him being a better football player, and I am not sure Tebow will do well in the NFL.

and kari or pp we will just have to disagree.

lillygator....please tell me why you say Sam Bradford quit on his team.

his concern is himself, recovery from surgery and how this will effect him on draft day...he may be dressing out and I am not saying he is wrong for thinking that, but that is how I feel. Hopefully he won't be knocked down too far.

his concern is himself, recovery from surgery and how this will effect him on draft day...he may be dressing out and I am not saying he is wrong for thinking that, but that is how I feel. Hopefully he won't be knocked down too far.

I'll post this again:

"With his teammates standing behind him and the media before him, Sam Bradford discussed his future and the disappointment of a junior season that ended virtually before it began. "To make this decision and realize I've probably played my last game" at OU, Bradford said before hesitating, "It's really tough." Bradford announced Sunday, through an OU press release, that he would have season-ending surgery on his injured right (throwing) shoulder. Tonight, he discussed that decision with the media during a press conference on campus. Bradford said teammates have supported him while he's tried to return from an injury, and several - including All-America tight end Jermaine Gresham, who also is out for the season and plans to move on to the NFL - stood behind him at the podium. Bradford's shoulder surgery is scheduled for Wednesday with noted surgeon Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Ala. If that surgery and the recovery goes well, Bradford, a junior, will forego his final season at OU and enter the 2010 NFL Draft. Bradford said he hasn't signed with an agent. "I'm not going to seek an agent until after the season," Bradford said. "By doing that I'll still be able to travel and take part with this team." Bradford has to formally enter his name for the NFL Draft by Jan. 15. His projected recovery time is 4-6 months. Will he know if he's ready to enter the draft by January? "As long as I'm on the right track, as long as the doctors feel I'm making the progress necessary...I think I'll have plenty of information to make that decision," He was projected by some as the No. 1 player in the 2009 NFL Draft, but he elected to return to OU instead. Bradford said it was his dream to play for the Sooners. "To me money is not everything," Bradford said. And of his OU experience: "I wouldn't trade a day of it," Bradford said."

So, because he had surgery and cannot play, he is a quitter? Seriously?

So every football player who is injured and not able to play is a quitter?

Has Florida lost any players to injury this year? If so, are they quitters?

No, I think Lilygator is saying he's a quitter because he won't return for his Senior year. But, Percy Harvin, any other Gator, or perhaps any other college player who decides to leave early for the NFL aren't quitters. :confused:

I'm pretty sure that under the same circumstances, most players would make the same decision. I guess they are potentially all quitters...

I guess quitter isn't the exact word, what is, IDK, weird feeling??....I think I feel more that way since he has announced his leaving...and Kari you can quote that post all you want but he has done many other interviews and what I have seen, I feel his heart isn't in it, which may very well be him dealing with his injury etc...I can't say for sure, but what I got from his voice and body language was just that.

I am sure we've had people hurt, I don't recall any seniors being done who annouced they are and are off to the draft.

No, I think Lilygator is saying he's a quitter because he won't return for his Senior year. But, Percy Harvin, any other Gator, or perhaps any other college player who decides to leave early for the NFL aren't quitters. :confused:

I'm pretty sure that under the same circumstances, most players would make the same decision. I guess they are potentially all quitters...

no not at all to do anything with his senior year. It's not about leaving early, in a pp post, I just it's just vibes I have gotten off him when I have seen him speak on ESPN and other stations.

I'm a Vandy fan and this penalty is a joke. Everyone knows that Vandy is almost always the weakest opponent that Florida will face in the SEC. And we just lost our quarterback in Saturday's game. I'm sure that Florida sees this game as a win whether Spikes plays at all. Someone explain why Meyer even needs him for this game at all.

I guess quitter isn't the exact word, what is, IDK, weird feeling??....I think I feel more that way since he has announced his leaving...and Kari you can quote that post all you want but he has done many other interviews and what I have seen, I feel his heart isn't in it, which may very well be him dealing with his injury etc...I can't say for sure, but what I got from his voice and body language was just that.

I am sure we've had people hurt, I don't recall any seniors being done who annouced they are and are off to the draft.

Well, I don't know Sam personally, but I would be willing to bet he would give anything he could to be on the field with his teammates for the rest of this season. In fact, I would be willing to bet he would have given anything just to play one more game this year.

I understand you are a Gator fan, but I can guarentee your "weird feeling" is completely inaccurate regarding Bradford.

Bradford's dad played for OU and he has said on many occasions his dream was playing for OU....not the NFL.

Well, I'm not sure how many interviews you could have heard since he made the announcement on Oct. 25th, and had surgery on the 28th. It has only been a little over a week, and all I've heard was his press conference and a few brief written statements, and I live here in Oklahoma, and am a season ticket holder.

Don't you think he is extremely disappointed that things didn't work out as he had hoped? The reason I re-posted that article is because I will believe his own statements as opposed to a gut feeling. He loves his team; it was his dream to play for them since he was a little boy. He doesn't care about the money in the NFL. If that were the case, he would have left last year. He isn't taking an agent yet so he can still be involved with his team. I don't see how any of that can point to anything but disappointment and a desire to still be involved with the program.

And, certainly, you have to understand that calling him a quitter was very harsh, especially when you don't honestly know what's going on in the poor kid's head.

Here is a non - florida based newspaper perspecitve on the incident.

I won't post the whole article, just the highlights, but feel free to read it you wish.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-spikes110209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Eye-gouging is considered such a foul, filthy act that it’s banned by even our most blatantly combative exercises, including mixed martial arts and pro wrestling.

Sheriff Urban Meyer of the Gainesville PD isn’t as concerned, apparently.

Florida linebacker Brandon Spikes was caught on film purposefully jamming his fingers through the facemask of Georgia running back Washaun Ealey on Saturday in an effort to rip at Ealey’s eyes.

It was about as ugly and unbecoming of a play as there is in football.

For the act, Meyer will bench his star linebacker for the first half of the Gators’ game against Vanderbilt.

Football is an emotional, violent pursuit and acts like this happen more than the camera catches. “I don’t think that we did anything in that game that they didn’t do,” quarterback Tim Tebow told reporters.

That’s the excuse of a child though. The other-guy-does-it-too is never a justifiable defense. It wouldn’t even matter if Ealey had provoked him (the two had been jawing prior to the incident).

Florida is begging for an adult to lead them. Meyer isn’t it when it comes to player conduct. He may be a heck of a football coach, great recruiter, perhaps even devout family man and charitable person.

A lesson needs to be taught. A standard should be upheld. Some discipline has to be displayed – both to those inside and outside the program.

The University of Florida should care about more than the pursuit of a glass football trophy.

This is about winning games by any means necessary, it’s about justifying and enabling out-of-control play, it’s about brushing off concerns about the safety of opposing players.

And one more thing..Sam declaring early is actually shows he IS thinking of them and doing them a favor. Now, Landry Jones knows he is the man next year, and won't have to spend any time wondering if he will be able to play, how many snaps he would get, if he would have to share reps in practice, or what would happen if Sam got hurt again. There is no uncertainty when it comes to next year's QB, and that is a good thing. I have heard quite a few analyists say that there is a good chance OU might be undefeated right now if Sam had left for the NFL last year instead of coming back, knowing what we know now. The uncertainty at QB, and the sharing of reps in practice when Sam was trying to come back after the first injury, made things more difficult for Jones.

Sorry for hijacking this thread!!!!

What is it with you and the NFL????

:lmao:
It always goes back to "Wait until they get to the NFL..."

We're talking about right now, and that is college ball. The future will take care of itself.

What I find so amusing is that people get very heated when speaking of the Gators and especially their hatred of Tebow. And yet they hang on his every word.:confused3

Go to an away UF game and what do you see?

I'll show you......

FloridaMSgame069.jpg

This is the Mississippi State game--- the Gator fans started gathering to welcome our team into the stadium.
How many opposing team fans do you see? Guess who they were there to take a picture of, get an autograph of, yell his name?

I was there. My children were pushed out of the way by not one, not two, not three, not four, not five different Miss State fans--- they were pushed 10 different times by fans wearing Miss State shirts. The Gator fans standing around us even started taking up for my children because the other team's fans were unbelievably rude in trying to get the best position in order to lay eyes on Tebow.

Here are some comments we heard :

"Why are the Florida fans even here? They get to see him all the time." :eek:

"Well, I don't like them Gators, and I don't like Tebow, but I want to see him." :eek:

"I don't follow State ball, and I don't like the Gators. I'm here to watch Tebow." :confused:

"My grandson wants Tebow's autograph even though we're here for State." :eek:

"I want my picture taken with Tebow- the Gator fans are in the way." :confused:

This isn't the only away game it happened. It happens at every single one. I've seen it more than once.
It is a circus. The busses couldn't even get thru because there were thousands of people pushing one another to get a glimpse of him.
The roar from the crowd when he stepped off the bus was deafening.

Carlos Dunlap's Mom was even pushed and shoved, standing right next to me. She just wanted to see her son as he came off the bus.

Now maybe it's just me- but if I don't like a player or think his team is awful I certainly don't go looking to get a picture of that player, much less an autograph.

It's just all very strange to me, this love/ hate thing going on with opposing fans and Timmy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the OU fans---
we were, in this house, very saddened to hear of Sam's injury and then his having to sit out the rest of the season. If it had been Tebow- and for awhile there we were worried with his concussion--- we would have been devastated.
Hope all is well with him soon.

And, certainly, you have to understand that calling him a quitter was very harsh, especially when you don't honestly know what's going on in the poor kid's head.

very true, and the more I think about it, the more it is reactions to not being able to play and maybe his let down that led me there, I am sure the decision to have surgery and try and play vs leaving would be hard on anyone, so I think my initial reaction was him "quitting" so to speak to get better to move on....

but it was also very harsh and down right nasty that the poster posted Tebow as being not Christian, with that one comment when they didn't even post the full quote....he himself had his eyes poked out by a GA player as well....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter