• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FITBIT? Has this been discussed?

For those who try to "up" your steps from the previous day, how many do you try to do over what you did before? Another 100? 500? 1000?

I am seriously frustrated with my FitBit---I want to pitch it out the window! It syncs fine to my laptop but absolutely will NOT sync to my IPhone. What I do on the computer updates to my cell, but it won't sync to the IPhone itself...have I done something wrong? Please HELP!.....

I am seriously frustrated with my FitBit---I want to pitch it out the window! It syncs fine to my laptop but absolutely will NOT sync to my IPhone. What I do on the computer updates to my cell, but it won't sync to the IPhone itself...have I done something wrong? Please HELP!.....

Which Iphone do you have? It will not sync with an Iphone 4 (which is what I have). It syncs with 4s and 5.

Which Iphone do you have? It will not sync with an Iphone 4 (which is what I have). It syncs with 4s and 5.

I have an iPhone 4 & that is exactly what it will do, sync with the computer, but not by itself. Could that be your problem?

Just FYI, it is a known issue with FitBits that they log steps and stairs while driving and on theme park rides. Mine logged 1300 steps and 6 flights of stairs on a coaster. If you want it to be accurate, you need to note every time you're driving or riding in any vehicle and remove those steps from your daily activity. And believe me, if I had known it would be off by that much, I wouldn't have bought one.

Just FYI, it is a known issue with FitBits that they log steps and stairs while driving and on theme park rides. Mine logged 1300 steps and 6 flights of stairs on a coaster. If you want it to be accurate, you need to note every time you're driving or riding in any vehicle and remove those steps from your daily activity. And believe me, if I had known it would be off by that much, I wouldn't have bought one.

I have never had mine log any steps while driving and I drive a lot. And I have had mine on (in my bra) every day since January 1.

Haven't been on a coaster, but I have not heard that problem before. Would you please link an article that states these known problems?

Just got my Skydiver badge today!!!!! 1,000 floors since January 1. Several of us at work are wearing fitbits, so we have contests on how many steps we do a day.

I have never had mine log any steps while driving and I drive a lot. And I have had mine on (in my bra) every day since January 1.

Haven't been on a coaster, but I have not heard that problem before. Would you please link an article that states these known problems?

Just got my Skydiver badge today!!!!! 1,000 floors since January 1. Several of us at work are wearing fitbits, so we have contests on how many steps we do a day.

I agree I have had mine and wear it daily since July 4 2012. I have been to Disney 5 times since then for anywhere from 5-10 days each trip. I had heard reports of the coasters "logging" steps so I decided to check. I did not have any instances that the fitbit counted steps during the coaster ride. Or any of the many rides I checked it on.

I was asked on 3 different occasions though what I was putting in my bra as I pulled it out for a quick check of steps and back in before getting out of the ride. :rolleyes1

I even tried to get it to register steps on a bumpy ride by wearing it on a hayride on a VERY bumpy field this past halloween and did not get any steps registered. :confused3 But I do know a truck driver that does sometimes get steps recorded while he is driving.

I did however get it to record 2 floors by standing in the back of the bus and marching in place while we were going up and over the interstate one day this last summer.

Congrats on your floor badge. I have 60 more to go to get the next one past skydiver.

3.8 lbs in a week and a half since I've been using my Fitbit. Hopefully I can keep this up while at WDW in a week.

I read it on the FitBit site. On the dashboard they allow you to set "driving" as an activity and it automatically removes the steps. They removed that section as it has supposedly been fixed with the new Zip model. However, if you have the older model, it still happens.

Last month I was holding it in my hand while my friend drove and I watched it register about 30 steps. I do keep mine in the small pocket in my jeans, which might make some difference. Here's a thread on another site about it the issue.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/team_messageboard_thread.asp?board=0x36986x42810777

Six weeks in and down 19 pounds. This in spite of a pretty bad knee injury. I am also feeling the beginning of plantar fasciitis in my one heel. I have has this several times and am trying now to ward it off with stretches. But I am doing most of my walking at work. I am sure that the older whose wearing g there are the problem. I need a suggestion for comfortable shoes with a cushioned heel and good arch that will also work in work. They are pretty flexible but I don't want something that looks odd with workday casual clothes.

Hi everyone so sorry I have been MIA a bit since getting back from PHM. My cellphone is the new iphone 5 - and I still cannot get it to sync directly to my phone, it is maddening. I am very dissapointed in that as I do not like having to pull out my laptop every morning to sync... I have taken both the phone and Fitbit to Sprint with no-one there being able to help and to Bestbuy as well with the exact same outcome...SOOO SOOO FRUSTRATING! I wish there was a phone# to call FitBit for help, but I have tried everything I can find on the website....ANYONE HAVE ANY OTHER IDEAS? Has anyone else experienced this and been able to fix it? Thanks so much for your help....

Hi everyone so sorry I have been MIA a bit since getting back from PHM. My cellphone is the new iphone 5 - and I still cannot get it to sync directly to my phone, it is maddening. I am very dissapointed in that as I do not like having to pull out my laptop every morning to sync... I have taken both the phone and Fitbit to Sprint with no-one there being able to help and to Bestbuy as well with the exact same outcome...SOOO SOOO FRUSTRATING! I wish there was a phone# to call FitBit for help, but I have tried everything I can find on the website....ANYONE HAVE ANY OTHER IDEAS? Has anyone else experienced this and been able to fix it? Thanks so much for your help....

Did you email Cust support? That is the only way I got an answer to my question. Took them about a day to get back to me.

Yes I did and they directed me to some articles they have on the website that I'd already read and did not help. I'm at wits end ....

Are you sure you have Bluetooth enabled on your phone? That was what kept mine from syncing at first - the two weren't "pairing"

Six weeks in and down 19 pounds. This in spite of a pretty bad knee injury. I am also feeling the beginning of plantar fasciitis in my one heel. I have has this several times and am trying now to ward it off with stretches. But I am doing most of my walking at work. I am sure that the older whose wearing g there are the problem. I need a suggestion for comfortable shoes with a cushioned heel and good arch that will also work in work. They are pretty flexible but I don't want something that looks odd with workday casual clothes.

Check out the line of Clarks Wave shoes, they have them for all seasons. Great shoes for walking, working and just a great walk about shoe.

Thinking of getting the Aria scale. Is this actually worth $129. Right now I have a homedic scale that gives me a weight. If I get off and let it reset to 0 it registeres 3.6 lbs lighter. (Naturally I am using this weight LOL).

Thinking of getting the Aria scale. Is this actually worth $129. Right now I have a homedic scale that gives me a weight. If I get off and let it reset to 0 it registeres 3.6 lbs lighter. (Naturally I am using this weight LOL).

I think I asked the same question 10 different times before I got my Aria scale. I just could not decide. My previous scales (all of them) would weigh different amounts depending on where they were sitting on the floor. Just bump it & you would get a different number. Sometimes just stepping on & off would show different numbers. It became a game moving the scale around to find the "perfect" spot :rotfl2:

My Aria pretty much does not do that. I can weigh 4-5 times, moving the scale all over the place & 99/100 of the times the number is the same. :thumbsup2

Body fat % does seem to change. After I am done, you just go in & delete the weights that are extra so you only have one for the day & you are set!

I would highly recommend it. I think I have had mine for about 2 months now. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Just wanted to let people know drugstore .com is offering 20% off to new customers. I just ordered a fitbit one for 80$. I can't wait to start using it:-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter