FITBIT? Has this been discussed?

JESW

<font color=blue>We have 4 cats, 1 anole lizard, a
Sorry if it has but I can't find anything.

Just got mine yesterday and today is my first day wearing it - cool stuff! I bought it for the day-to-day tracking, but I have always wondered how much walking we did in Disney so it will be fun to see that in a couple of weeks.

FITBIT is a new-fangled type of pedometer that can track your steps, food intake, calories burned, time you sleep, etc. I have started a new fitness regime and I think it will keep me on track.

Jill

I've had mine for a week or two. I'm liking it but I had to admit, I think it's a little generous on the count. Once you've used yours for a while, I'd love to hear if you feel the same.

I actually just ordered mine last night - I can't wait to get it! April 2nd I'm getting started toward meeting my goal of living and eating healthy and being a healthy size by my 40th birthday (April 1, 2013)

I've had mine for almost 2 years (actually the first one died and they replaced it for free!) This one is in bad shape -- I either sweat off the "shiny coating" or salt-air on Sanibel did it. I also dropped it and chipped a chunk out of the hinge area, but it's still working great.

I love my Fitbit.

I have one that I have been using since Sept 2011. I've lost 31 pounds so far with it and changing my eating habits. I also set my stride on my fitbit so that the distance cal. were correct.

Just got mine today. (Fitbit one)

What are the best hints for a newbie?

Do you link yours to a particular ap? I am android so can't do the fitbit ap. So far, myfitnesspal seems the most interesting/

My daughter had a fitbit for gym class. It was really lightweight and cool! I wore it for my daily walks around the subdivision and it was amazing how many steps I took! I noticed it was only $59.00 at our local Verizon store (of all places)

My husband got us each one for Christmas. I haven't had time to really play with it yet, I just wear it and let it do its thing.

Glad to hear people like it. I've been tempted to purchase but wasn't sure about it...

I've been looking at this but I can't decide if it's worth the extra money. I have a nice pedometer that will take into account stride length and give me an accurate calorie count, do I need a fitbit too? The pedometer only needs a battery! I do need something exciting to motivate me starting on 1/2 though. I'm cruising 3/30 and want to loose about 15lbs so if I gain 5 on the cruise I'm still at my preferred weight. Now that's a healthy way to live! :lmao:

I got DD one for Christmas. She's a college student and has struggled with being underweight in the recent past. Thankfully she's gained a few pounds her first semester at college but now she's fretting about her weight (which is perfect) because she thinks she'll gain more. I'd rather her understand the association between calories burned and exercise and the kind of foods you eat. She's actually getting great use from it - when she hasn't eaten enough, she now eats more (healthy) food until she reaches her allotted calories. She also has insight on her sleep (or lack thereof). I'm thinking about getting one myself now! Pretty nifty gadget. I got DH the Nike Fuel band because I knew he'd be more likely to wear something on his wrist. He loves it and I have to say that I like the way it looks. The display is impressive. It doesn't track sleep but he needs zero assistance in that area. :)

My daughter recently got a Fuel band and I really wanted to get one also so that we could be on the same page, but after playing with hers I am realizing that I would earn way more points for my work as a transcriptionist than I would for the time on the treadmill. I'm going to have to go with something not worn on the wrist, so I think fitbit is going to be the answer for me :)

After contemplating for a long time, I broke down and bought a Fitbit Zip today at Best Buy. The magenta version was on sale for $49, down from $59, so I had to cave in ;). So far, I'm loving it! It motivated me to get out and play some tennis and I'm excited to take a nice, long walk tomorrow with the pup. Hope I can keep up the motivation and lose some weight for our June 2013 trip!

How would you wear it with a dress? I see reviews that say to slip it into your bra band, but how can it count your steps from inside your bra?? :confused3

How would you wear it with a dress? I see reviews that say to slip it into your bra band, but how can it count your steps from inside your bra?? :confused3

I have been wearing mine on my bra, in the front between the cups. It works great. I tested it by syncing it and then going up our staircase a couple of times and syncing again. Low and behold, it counted the two stairs. I then counted my steps and synced again. Once again it was correct. So wearing on your bra works great.

We should use this Fitbit thread to keep us all motivated!

It has an accelerometer and an altimeter in it. It works great and you can calibrate your stide length for greater accuracy.

I wear mine on my bra strap.

Hrhpd said:
I have been wearing mine on my bra, in the front between the cups. It works great. I tested it by syncing it and then going up our staircase a couple of times and syncing again. Low and behold, it counted the two stairs. I then counted my steps and synced again. Once again it was correct. So wearing on your bra works great.

We should use this Fitbit thread to keep us all motivated!

I have to idea how to start something like that from my iPad, but of you would start one and post a link here I would love to join you....I think there is also a way to add friends to your fitbit site.

I've also been wearing mine on my bra and its working fine. Today we took a walk around Art of Animation and earned 6500 steps!

Is the FITBIT one worth the extra money for the sleep tracker? I'm trying to decide which one to buy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter