FITBIT? Has this been discussed?

UPDATE! :cool1: DD just texted me that she found it!!! DH took my van to drive her and a friend to the movies. She must have found it in there! I looked briefly in there but I have never had it come out of my pocket in the car so I didn't look too hard. I did have the thought this morning of taking my laptop to the car and see if it would sync-- then I would know if it was in there! But since the battery was low I figured it wouldn't sync.

:cool1:
But I have spent the last 15 minutes researching the Flex and thinking how cool it would be. . . . :scratchin

UPDATE! :cool1: DD just texted me that she found it!!! DH took my van to drive her and a friend to the movies. She must have found it in there! I looked briefly in there but I have never had it come out of my pocket in the car so I didn't look too hard. I did have the thought this morning of taking my laptop to the car and see if it would sync-- then I would know if it was in there! But since the battery was low I figured it wouldn't sync.

But I have spent the last 15 minutes researching the Flex and thinking how cool it would be. . . . :scratchin

I'm so glad you found it. I too am wanting a flex, but my zip works great. I can't justify it. But when my zip dies... :)

:thumbsup2:cool1::thumbsup2:cool1:

Has anyone else pre-ordered the new pink Fitbit Flex? I ordered two Fitbits nearly 3 weeks ago: a black one for DH and a pink one for me. We'd planned to wear them during our upcoming vacation at DLR. DH's black one arrived last week, but mine's still on backorder. When I ordered it said there was a wait of 2 weeks, but now it's showing 3 weeks.

I hope I get it before I leave for DLR. :sad1:

I just got a FitBit One for Christmas, and I"m already wearing it today to give it a try. Unfortunately, this thread is 24 pages and I'm at work, so I don't have time to read thru the entire thing. So I'm hoping someone can answer my question:

I know it uses an altimeter to track the flights of stairs, and an altitude gain of 10 feet is considered one flight. And I understand that if your flights are higher than 10 feet the court might be a little off. But how does it account for elevators? I work on the 9th floor - is it going to say that I walked those 9 floors?

I just got a FitBit One for Christmas, and I"m already wearing it today to give it a try. Unfortunately, this thread is 24 pages and I'm at work, so I don't have time to read thru the entire thing. So I'm hoping someone can answer my question:

I know it uses an altimeter to track the flights of stairs, and an altitude gain of 10 feet is considered one flight. And I understand that if your flights are higher than 10 feet the court might be a little off. But how does it account for elevators? I work on the 9th floor - is it going to say that I walked those 9 floors?

Ok, I did some Googling on my lunch break - the FitBit also takes into account activity. For instance, if you're just riding up an escalator, it won't register any stairs. But if you walk up the escalator, it will recognize the activity and WILL count it. So unless I'm doing jumping jacks in the elevator, it won't count.

I'm looking forward to using this FitBit to the fullest, once I get everything figured out. I noticed on the dashboard that you can even record what you eat and how much water you drink. I've got to lose this last 20 pounds somehow! Hopefully the FitBit will be just the thing to help me do it!

.....I noticed on the dashboard that you can even record what you eat and how much water you drink. I've got to lose this last 20 pounds somehow! Hopefully the FitBit will be just the thing to help me do it!
Hi Amy. :wave2:

I have used Fitbit Ultra, and now One for some time now. Take a look at www.myfitnesspal.com. Many think, as do I, that it is more robust than the Fitbit food tracking, and easier to use. It can also be linked to your Fitbit account so entries to MyFitnessPal automatically link to your Fitbit account.

Enjoy.

You can also use it with SparkPeople. I got annoyed with having my Fitbit linked to My Fitness Pal because I was trying to stay within specific calorie/fat/carb ranges and it would adjust the numbers up with my activity information from my Fitbit.

I switched to SparkPeople and my Fitbit and Aria scale are linked there so it shows that information but doesn't mess with my calorie numbers.

Hi Dan! And also thanks to you, lovetoscrap. I'll have to check out My Fitness Pal and Spark People. I'm using this week between Christmas and New Year's to figure out what I'm doing with my FitBit One so once Jan. 2 is here, I can jump right into my fitness goals. DH is doing Weight Watchers, so maybe I'll steal some of his info and track food points or something. Or maybe once I look at Spark People and My Fitness Pal I might like them better, who knows? I'm determined to finally lose this weight in 2014!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter