Fish Extenders?

Do we know how many people and ages and for kids if boys or girls in each stateroom participating ? Just wondering how I figure out how many adult, how many girl and how many boys lol

Yes, you sign up to participate in the FE on your cruise meet thread. Someone in the group keeps track of everyone who signs up and then at a pre-determined time, (usually about 2 months out), they email the list with names, ages and cabin numbers to everyone who signed up. This gives you time to get your gifts ready and to know exactly who you are giving gifts to.

well that looks pretty fun, but i'm a little confused.....who would be leaving us notes? and i thought i read something recently about DCL asking people to not hang stuff on doors anymore? first time cruisers....want to make sure we 'do it up right' :-)

Sorry, I'm sure this is a repeat question, but do you normally give the same FE gift to everyone? Or do you personalize it for adults, boys, girls, etc? How many parents usually participate themselves (as opposed to just signing up for the kids)?

Some of you have said that you've seen people use Christmas Stockings as FEs on holiday cruises. I like that idea, but we're going to have four people in our room. Have you seen families use just one stocking? Or have they figured out a way to rig up four stockings?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Lisa

Sorry, I'm sure this is a repeat question, but do you normally give the same FE gift to everyone? Or do you personalize it for adults, boys, girls, etc? How many parents usually participate themselves (as opposed to just signing up for the kids)?

It is up to you! I've seen both options! People doing a gift for the cabin and people doing individuals for each kid/ adult

Okay this is probably mentioned somewhere in over 130 pages of this thread but to save reading them here's my question: Where do you guys purchase a FE for a reasonable amount? I've seen some on eBay but anywhere else? We aren't going to be making one.

Okay this is probably mentioned somewhere in over 130 pages of this thread but to save reading them here's my question: Where do you guys purchase a FE for a reasonable amount? I've seen some on eBay but anywhere else? We aren't going to be making one.
I've seem some on etsy.com but I don't know what is reasonable to you. Go check them out! :)

I think I may actually have sold my DH on the idea of doing this for our cruise. We shall see when it gets closer!

Just ordered one today to Saskatchewan ,

They have them on etsy.com Gradysmommy sells them!

This is who I ordered from. She seems very pleasant and agreed to get mine sent on very short notice. Her work looks good, prices are as reasonable as I've found on etsy.

FE's can be super simple to make, I just wanted ours personalized with embroidered names and DCL logo and I don't have the capability to do that. Nevermind, I don't have the time!!

Just received our FE today- 2 weeks from order to delivery! She does great work, we're very pleased!

How large should the pockets on the extender be? I found a mickey mouse wall organizer online that i really like, it has 9 pockets but each pocket is only about 4x4 inches. The dimensions of the hanger itself is 14x20 inches, is that too wide? I can't remember how much room there is on the wall under the fish.

I also found a mickey mouse "diaper bag" wall hanger, it's basically a Mickey Mouse plush character and where his legs would be his red "pants" extend down into a large sack. It's original purpose was for diaper storage presumably to hang next to a changing table. The entire thing is 36" long, the bag part looks like it could hold a fair amount of items. What do you guys think? I'm comparing this to the organizer in my previous post about the one with 9 pockets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter