Fish Extenders?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by 101DalmFan, Sep 8, 2006.

1. keilakrohn

keilakrohn Earning My Ears

did you ever get a fish extender going?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Catrinabeach

Catrinabeach DIS Veteran

Do we know how many people and ages and for kids if boys or girls in each stateroom participating ? Just wondering how I figure out how many adult, how many girl and how many boys lol

4. MassDisLovers

MassDisLovers A dream is a wish your heart makes....

Yes, you sign up to participate in the FE on your cruise meet thread. Someone in the group keeps track of everyone who signs up and then at a pre-determined time, (usually about 2 months out), they email the list with names, ages and cabin numbers to everyone who signed up. This gives you time to get your gifts ready and to know exactly who you are giving gifts to.

5. mjtatman

mjtatman Mouseketeer

well that looks pretty fun, but i'm a little confused.....who would be leaving us notes? and i thought i read something recently about DCL asking people to not hang stuff on doors anymore? first time cruisers....want to make sure we 'do it up right' :-)

6. MamaJF

MamaJF Earning My Ears

Sorry, I'm sure this is a repeat question, but do you normally give the same FE gift to everyone? Or do you personalize it for adults, boys, girls, etc? How many parents usually participate themselves (as opposed to just signing up for the kids)?

7. LisaLuka

LisaLuka Earning My Ears

Some of you have said that you've seen people use Christmas Stockings as FEs on holiday cruises. I like that idea, but we're going to have four people in our room. Have you seen families use just one stocking? Or have they figured out a way to rig up four stockings?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Lisa

8. silverangel879

silverangel879 Who you callin' a princess? It's PIRATE PRINCESS t

It is up to you! I've seen both options! People doing a gift for the cabin and people doing individuals for each kid/ adult

9. DannyDisneyFreak

DannyDisneyFreak Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Okay this is probably mentioned somewhere in over 130 pages of this thread but to save reading them here's my question: Where do you guys purchase a FE for a reasonable amount? I've seen some on eBay but anywhere else? We aren't going to be making one.

10. silverangel879

silverangel879 Who you callin' a princess? It's PIRATE PRINCESS t

I've seem some on etsy.com but I don't know what is reasonable to you. Go check them out! :)

11. DannyDisneyFreak

Oh wow that's great thank you!

12. Patsydust

Patsydust Mousketeer

Thanks for all the great ideas and tips! Can't wait to get started on my FE's!

13. SeattleSuz

SeattleSuz DIS Veteran

I think I may actually have sold my DH on the idea of doing this for our cruise. We shall see when it gets closer!

14. AngelaEMT

AngelaEMT Earning My Ears

Just ordered one today to Saskatchewan ,

They have them on etsy.com Gradysmommy sells them!

15. cakebaker

cakebaker Registered

This is who I ordered from. She seems very pleasant and agreed to get mine sent on very short notice. Her work looks good, prices are as reasonable as I've found on etsy.

FE's can be super simple to make, I just wanted ours personalized with embroidered names and DCL logo and I don't have the capability to do that. Nevermind, I don't have the time!!

16. cakebaker

cakebaker Registered

Just received our FE today- 2 weeks from order to delivery! She does great work, we're very pleased!

17. 06loriann63

06loriann63 Earning My Ears

We are looking forward to participating with the fish extenders, my daughters loved designing ours.

18. Mickey Mark

Mickey Mark Earning My Ears

Looking forward to participating

19. Mickey Mark

Mickey Mark Earning My Ears

Have gotten a lot of great ideas

20. DannyDisneyFreak

How large should the pockets on the extender be? I found a mickey mouse wall organizer online that i really like, it has 9 pockets but each pocket is only about 4x4 inches. The dimensions of the hanger itself is 14x20 inches, is that too wide? I can't remember how much room there is on the wall under the fish.

21. DannyDisneyFreak

I also found a mickey mouse "diaper bag" wall hanger, it's basically a Mickey Mouse plush character and where his legs would be his red "pants" extend down into a large sack. It's original purpose was for diaper storage presumably to hang next to a changing table. The entire thing is 36" long, the bag part looks like it could hold a fair amount of items. What do you guys think? I'm comparing this to the organizer in my previous post about the one with 9 pockets.