• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fish Extenders?

Do a search on eBay for "disney hanging storage", instead of "fish extender". You'll see a good number of FE's for around $15 or less.

I was just going to say something similar.

If you search on ebay for "pocket hanging storage or hanging pocket organizer" you will find a bunch of disney ones for super cheap.

I just found Lilo and Stitch, Chip n Dale, and Mickey.

Thanks for sharing the many pictures of FE! I can't wait to do this with our group on October sailing on The Magic!:goodvibes

MayFE.jpg

I was kept awake the other night by barking dogs from 2:00am until after 5:00am, so I thought I would put my time to good use. :lmao:
I decided to retire my first FE and leave it hanging in our Sun Room when we cruise in May.
Here is my new one! I think I used my time wisely. :confused3
Tiffany

I love it!!!

Okay, here's my fish extender I made. We decided to do iron ons for the pockets and the top part. It worked out well that way. We each got to pick our fave character for our pocket :thumbsup2
fishextender002erased.jpg

Okay, here's my fish extender I made. We decided to do iron ons for the pockets and the top part. It worked out well that way. We each got to pick our fave character for our pocket :thumbsup2

Very nice Jamie :thumbsup2

Love that mickey head fabric...I can't seem to find one I like that isn't too busy but that ones neat!

mayfe.jpg

i was kept awake the other night by barking dogs from 2:00am until after 5:00am, so i thought i would put my time to good use. :lmao:

I decided to retire my first fe and leave it hanging in our sun room when we cruise in may.

Here is my new one! I think i used my time wisely. :confused3

tiffany
awesome! I love it!

Since I just made my first ever (very simple) fish extender and posted pics in the thread for my cruise date, I thought I would share the pics in this thread too :) No sewing, all hot glue gun, lime green fabric with winnie the pooh etc was chopped up from what I originally thought was a tablecloth, but turned out to be a children's small window curtain :thumbsup2

DSC05163.jpg

DSC05166.jpg

Since I just made my first ever (very simple) fish extender and posted pics in the thread for my cruise date, I thought I would share the pics in this thread too :) No sewing, all hot glue gun, lime green fabric with winnie the pooh etc was chopped up from what I originally thought was a tablecloth, but turned out to be a children's small window curtain :thumbsup2

DSC05163.jpg

DSC05166.jpg

You did a great job. I love the bling.:woohoo:

MayFE.jpg

I was kept awake the other night by barking dogs from 2:00am until after 5:00am, so I thought I would put my time to good use. :lmao:

I decided to retire my first FE and leave it hanging in our Sun Room when we cruise in May.

Here is my new one! I think I used my time wisely. :confused3

Tiffany
I love your FE. Just bought fabric for mine, not much of a selection here, but enough for my first attempt. Can you please give me the measurements of yours. I don't want to make mine too big.

Thanks,
Marilyn

Thanks GoofyTraci, Parrotheadlois, and TiggerTails! I have to admit, the fish extenders on this thread look so professional and coordinated it was a little intimidating to share my own homegrown effort, I appreciate your comments! :)

Here's the FE I made for our recent cruise. The pockets are small canvas tote bags from Hobby Lobby (I cut off the handles), and I made Mickey heads with all our names and a corresponding character, then used transfers to iron them on. If I make another, I'll make the pockets bigger.
IMG_0499.jpg

Erin

I just wanted to say thank you to DISGIRL83 for writing out the no sew instructions. I can't even sew on a button. I was going to buy a FE off of Ebay, but thought I might be able to make one once I read her instructions. I did and it turned out very sturdy. I was worried about that. SO here's a pic! And thanks again. I love the Disboards. People are so helpful :grouphug:

FE_0966-1.jpg

I just wanted to say thank you to DISGIRL83 for writing out the no sew instructions. I can't even sew on a button. I was going to buy a FE off of Ebay, but thought I might be able to make one once I read her instructions. I did and it turned out very sturdy. I was worried about that. SO here's a pic! And thanks again. I love the Disboards. People are so helpful :grouphug:

FE_0966-1.jpg
Love the nurse hat. Did you use iron ons or applique? I'm a NICU nurse, and it looks great.

Here's the FE I made for our recent cruise. The pockets are small canvas tote bags from Hobby Lobby (I cut off the handles), and I made Mickey heads with all our names and a corresponding character, then used transfers to iron them on. If I make another, I'll make the pockets bigger.
IMG_0499.jpg

Erin
That is such a good idea to use the canvas bags. Which size did you use? Do they sell a next size up? Yours looks great!

FE_0966-1.jpg

It Looks Great!!!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter