Fish Extenders?

That's the exact same fabric that I'm going to use!! It looks really great!! :thumbsup2 I only have red coordinating fabric but really like the yellow with yours! I love it!!

Do you mind sharing specifics on how you made it? I get the general idea, but how did you do your names? and what are the Mickey heads made of at the end of your dowel?

Thanks so much and I hope you enjoy your cruise.

Thank you! I had only planned to use yellow with mine. I normally don't work with fabric but do paper and cardstock a lot. I always like to pull out a color that there is not much of. Anyway, I realized that I would need more fabric and remembered I had a bunch of red that I had left from a project someone was working on for me. Turned out to be a perfect match.

I used my Cricut for our names and text. I have Mickey Font so of course I had to use that! I used cardstock - two layers. Then I used fabric glue to attach to the FE.

The Mickey heads on the end of the dowel rod were made with wooden balls and wooden discs. My dad and DH helped me with that. They used a grinder to cut slits in the ball and then we used wood glue to secure the discs in the slits. I can't take credit for the idea though. I saw it somewhere on here :goodvibes

:thumbsup2
I just wanted to say thank you to DISGIRL83 for writing out the no sew instructions. I can't even sew on a button. I was going to buy a FE off of Ebay, but thought I might be able to make one once I read her instructions. I did and it turned out very sturdy. I was worried about that. SO here's a pic! And thanks again. I love the Disboards. People are so helpful :grouphug:

FE_0966-1.jpg

This looks great! And you are definately welcome on the instructions as I put them together using bits and pieces of what I learned on here too! I've been so wrapped up in our cruise meet thread this is the first time I've been on the FE thread in a long time and they all look so great!!!! I love the porthole design you used.

Okay, here is mine! Until the day I made this, I had only used a sewing machine for a total of 10 minutes. I had planned on making the no sew version but my neighbor offered to let me use her sewing machine. So, I brought it over to my house, sat down with it and played around a bit before doing this. Some of the stitches aren't even, but I don't think it's very noticeable. I wish the Mickey's would have been more visible & whole and they were before I pleated the pockets. I guess that's my inexperience showing up :) However, I'm pleased with the way it turned out.

FE.jpg

That is beautiful!

Where did you get the fabric?

wow - i'm looking at all these wonderful fe's and i'm now thinking mine isn't all that great.

:(

you guys have done a wonderful job.

wow - i'm looking at all these wonderful fe's and i'm now thinking mine isn't all that great.

:(

you guys have done a wonderful job.

I'm sure your FE is just fine. You are leaving in a couple of days and we arent. So go have fun and dont worry about it.:woohoo::woohoo:

ANyone have a picture showing the FE zip tied to th fish...I'm having trouble envisioning it...TY!

Hello! Could someone please tell me the ideal length of the ribbon or string from which the extender hangs? Thank you! :flower3:

Help I leave in less than 2 weeks and NO FISH EXTENDER ( i must move fast here :rotfl:) anyway I have been looking at all of these beautiful fish extenders and I have a couple of questions....

1. where can I buy disney embroidered charaters to put onto my fish extender do they sell them at local stores?

2. How can I put our names on it so it looks ummm some what professionally made???

The fastest way to do both would be to download some Disney clipart of your favourite character into a Word document and type in a Name in a fancy font and print it off on t-shirt transfer paper. You could then just iron it right on to your fabric pockets. Hey, when you only have 2 weeks left, you gotta get creative!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

If you need help, just PM me.

Happy cruisin'!!

I purchased a basic small Mickey FE off ebay (shipped from china), and I am worried the string is not long enough to easily go over the Fish and hang down a bit. What is the suggested length of string to attach to the FE dowel rod?

I dont know but could you take extra string or length of ribbon along?
Or perhaps a plastic zip tie?
I purchased a basic small Mickey FE off ebay (shipped from china), and I am worried the string is not long enough to easily go over the Fish and hang down a bit. What is the suggested length of string to attach to the FE dowel rod?

Make it 20+ inches or so, and wrap it around the fish (don't have to worry about it being too long) and secure with a zip-tie. :thumbsup2

I also ordered one that was from China. Is this like yours? If so, it is long enough, but kinda fits "snuggly" over the FE. If you want it to hang down a good bit more, I'd add extra string. But it will be fine for the purpose served.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn102/***********/dis001.jpg

I also ordered one that was from China. Is this like yours? If so, it is long enough, but kinda fits "snuggly" over the FE. If you want it to hang down a good bit more, I'd add extra string. But it will be fine for the purpose served.

yep thats the one... thanks for the info!

i've got the same one in yellow!! have you cruised yet? was it ok as a FE? when it got delivered, i was a bit worried that its a bit small.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter