Fish Extenders?

Love the nurse hat. Did you use iron ons or applique? I'm a NICU nurse, and it looks great.

Iron on. Here you go!!!

mickeyheadnurse2mom_edited-1-1.jpg

I wish i could take credit for the nurse Mickey--but I got it off the DISigns board. Those people are amazing!!!! I editted it for my purpose, but the creation was all theirs!! I feel awful that I don't remember who I got it from. I'm sorry.

I wish i could take credit for the nurse Mickey--but I got it off the DISigns board. Those people are amazing!!!! I editted it for my purpose, but the creation was all theirs!! I feel awful that I don't remember who I got it from. I'm sorry.
I disigned over there for 3 years, and they do great work!

That is such a good idea to use the canvas bags. Which size did you use? Do they sell a next size up? Yours looks great!

I don't remember there being an intermediate size between these small ones and tote bag size, but I would certainly look -- tote bags would be too big, but these were too small for the wonderful items my FE group left for the boys. Thanks for the compliment!

Erin

I don't remember there being an intermediate size between these small ones and tote bag size, but I would certainly look -- tote bags would be too big, but these were too small for the wonderful items my FE group left for the boys. Thanks for the compliment!

Erin
I just saw a few different sizes at JoAnn Crafts today and they were 30% off.

Okay, now I'm worried. I read where someone said 8 inches across but mine ended up 8.5 inches across, which sounds like it will work. However, after I put the Mickey Heads on the ends of the dowel rod, mine will actually end up being closer to 10.5 inches. Will that still fit or should I forget about the Mickey heads??? Does anyone know what the actual width of that part of the wall is? If it is already posted, please forgive me. I have read this thread in it's entirety but it's been in bits and pieces as the thread has evolved and I can't remember if it is posted somewhere.

TIA

BTW, as soon as I get it finished, I will post a picture. Other than the fact that I'm afraid it might be a bit wide with the Mickey Heads on the dowel rod, I am very thrilled by the way it is turning out.

Anyone :confused3??? Please :goodvibes

Okay, here is mine! Until the day I made this, I had only used a sewing machine for a total of 10 minutes. I had planned on making the no sew version but my neighbor offered to let me use her sewing machine. So, I brought it over to my house, sat down with it and played around a bit before doing this. Some of the stitches aren't even, but I don't think it's very noticeable. I wish the Mickey's would have been more visible & whole and they were before I pleated the pockets. I guess that's my inexperience showing up :) However, I'm pleased with the way it turned out.

FE.jpg

Okay, here is mine! Until the day I made this, I had only used a sewing machine for a total of 10 minutes. I had planned on making the no sew version but my neighbor offered to let me use her sewing machine. So, I brought it over to my house, sat down with it and played around a bit before doing this. Some of the stitches aren't even, but I don't think it's very noticeable. I wish the Mickey's would have been more visible & whole and they were before I pleated the pockets. I guess that's my inexperience showing up :) However, I'm pleased with the way it turned out.

FE.jpg

That's the exact same fabric that I'm going to use!! It looks really great!! :thumbsup2 I only have red coordinating fabric but really like the yellow with yours! I love it!!

Do you mind sharing specifics on how you made it? I get the general idea, but how did you do your names? and what are the Mickey heads made of at the end of your dowel?

Thanks so much and I hope you enjoy your cruise.

Hi everyone,

So a newbie here and I am sorry to say that I only got half way through this discussion and I need some info. My DIS group would like to exchange goodies on our cruise in June but we are ALL new to the Fish Extender thing:confused3. I just need some guidence to share with my group. So the first question is do we email each other with our room and Deck numbers so we can locate each other? Does it matter what we give as a gift? and Do we give something everyday of the cruise? Any help would be GREAT!!!

We have one person who volunteers to keep track of all names and stateroom numbers who brings copies and we have a DIS meet where they are passed around, often the 1st morning after boarding.

Hi everyone,

So a newbie here and I am sorry to say that I only got half way through this discussion and I need some info. My DIS group would like to exchange goodies on our cruise in June but we are ALL new to the Fish Extender thing:confused3. I just need some guidence to share with my group. So the first question is do we email each other with our room and Deck numbers so we can locate each other? Does it matter what we give as a gift? and Do we give something everyday of the cruise? Any help would be GREAT!!!

we're emailing/PMing the lists of staterooms participating prior to the cruise, so people know before the cruise where they're going
as for the gifts, you can choose what to give, when to give, how often to give, you could decide this as a group, or you can choose what/where/when yourself

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter