Fish Extenders?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by 101DalmFan, Sep 8, 2006.

1. elderfam

elderfam There is no such thing as too many Disney trips!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t61/elderfam/P1000365.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t61/elderfam/P1000346.jpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]pg[/IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. elderfam

I took lots of photos of fish extenders as well as door decorations, The sky is really the limit, Just dont do any thing like tape or glue things to your door. I spent one day just walking the halls reading the doors. You just know the kids behind these doors feel special! This trip had a STRONG disboard presence on the ship and it was awsome! I have more to print, if I have placed something of yours and you would like me to remove it, just let me know. I dont want to upset anyone, just show what an amazing creative group we are!:cool1:

4. elderfam

I'd love to hear what great things you have received, or put together to share. I made magnets , but wished I had thought ahead to wrap them in a little bag with a ribbon.

I have seen candy bars with special wrappers, as well a zip lock bags of things first timers might forget to bring. paper clips, zip ties, nail file, etc...

what are YOUR ideas?

5. Caitsmama

Caitsmama <font color=darkorchid>Closet Hannah Montana Fan!<

Those are great!!

Here is mine that my good friend just made for me ( I had bought the fabric about a yr. ago) and she also had our last name embroidered on it... I love it!!

[​IMG]

6. PBader

PBader <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Great job:thumbsup2

7. ILoveDisney&Cruising

ILoveDisney&Cruising <font color=peach>DVC member since 2006 ... wish w

Do you have one of those cool Disney sewing/embroidery machines? Or did you embroider them by hand? Very cute!!!:thumbsup2

8. MommaluvsDis

MommaluvsDis DIS Veteran

Putting your name on your FE is a good idea as one couple on the 11 night had theirs stolen.

9. minnieandmickey

minnieandmickey Queen of the run on sentence!

Does anyone know if this could be a no-sew project. I don't have a sewing machine, but I was wondering if you could use the no-sew type glue.
    I have looked on ebay and haven't seen anything I like.

10. elderfam

You did a great job! Love it:thumbsup2

also, about a no-sew project. I havent tried to make one that way, but cant imagine why it cant be done. I say "go for it" and let us know how it turns out.

Don't forget to post a photo!

11. Caitsmama

Caitsmama <font color=darkorchid>Closet Hannah Montana Fan!<

Thanks! But i didn't make it.. my good friend did. I can't sew for beans, but she is a wiz at it!LOL

12. LoriS

LoriS Why is the rum always gone????

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I am glad to see that there are some different styles of fish extenders out there, because I am thinking of making a non-traditional one.:lmao:

13. jxburns

jxburns Earning My Ears

So I am attempting to make one out of a hanging shoe organizer. So far its looking pretty good. I was wondering if the extender requires a cord-like "hanger" or would a hook hanger work. the organizer I purchased has a hook hanger. I am sure I could fashion something w/ cord or ribbon but if the hook would work...(we leave on Friday & sail on Sat so I am trying to finish all my projects/lists-remind me not to panic)

14. EpcotKilterFan

EpcotKilterFan <font color=red>The first to extend her Fish<br><b

A cord or ribbon would work better I think. If it is one hook, then it just may work

Debbie

15. elderfam

I agree, if you go back and look at the fish on the wall with the other extenders. I am not sure a hook will work too well. Just take some cord with you in case.

Have a SUPER time and take a photo to post here!!;)

16. scottishwee35

scottishwee35 DIS Veteran

17. Sandaneli

Sandaneli DIS Veteran

A regular hook will NOT work. The back of the fish is too large. Also, there have been problems with Fish Extenders "swimming" away. The theory is that bored teenagers might be taking them. I am NOT accusing anyone but that was what was suggested to me.
    I used one of those zip tie things that you use to bundle wires. It worked great and you couldn't even see it. At the end of the cruise I just snipped it and removed the fish extender.

18. millerpjm

millerpjm DIS Veteran

Good idea about the zip ties...I was trying to think of a good was to make mine more secure!

19. lg3

lg3 <font color=darkorchid>The '80's must have been ha

Stupid question: Where do you get zip ties? I know you can buy them online, but who really needs 500 of them? Can you get them at Home Depot or somewhere like that? :confused3

20. elgerber

elgerber <font color=deeppink>Sometimes you gotta bite the

You can get zip ties anywhere, we bought them at Target in the hardware area.

21. dahuffy

dahuffy Always Be Nice To The Lunch Lady

Home Depot has them too!