Fish Extenders?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by 101DalmFan, Sep 8, 2006.

1. LuvtheEars

LuvtheEars DIS Veteran

This is my work in progress for our Double Dip in Sept '08.

I embroidered Mickey and Minnie for each member of our family and Pluto on the bottom for our dog -who will be a doggie camp while we are on the ship.

I used cotton fabric and ironed "Pellon Deco Bond" to the fabric to make the pockets stand up better.

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Buckeye Gal

Buckeye Gal Beach Girl Deep in the Land

Tiffany, it's come out great!!! Love it!

4. labdogs42

labdogs42 <font color=darkorchid>I managed to wrestle a play

More photos, please! These look so cute and fun!

5. LuvtheEars

LuvtheEars DIS Veteran

Thanks! I was talking to DH about what to put on the top. We were thinking our names in Disney font? Any ideas?

6. Buckeye Gal

PERFECT! Maybe even a little "Bon Voyage" in front of that. I love his idea though!! Can't wait to see it in person!! :woohoo:

7. nzdisneymom

nzdisneymom DIS Veteran

Love, love, love these ideas and examples! Thanks for sharing the pics! I don't have time to do one before we sail soon, but we have another cruise booked already, so I just posted over on the Meet thread about doing these - I love them! I had read before about Fish Extenders but never could get a picture in my head about what they were. I'd love to see others!

8. mruhaak

mruhaak DIS Veteran

This is really beautiful. You are so talented!

I hate to sound jaded... but you don't worry that some person who does not have the "Disney spirit" coming along and swiping this?

9. dahuffy

dahuffy Always Be Nice To The Lunch Lady

Thank you,your's is super!!!

10. Buckeye Gal

If your "type of fabric" question is around themes, then in addition to the Disney licensed fabrics, you also can consider nautical and pirate-themed fabrics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. LuvtheEars

LuvtheEars DIS Veteran

Thank you for the kind words! I do love to sew and create things!

Actually, I worry about the same thing, but I'm going to put our family's names on it and hope that would make it less likely to dissappear :confused3

12. LuvtheEars

LuvtheEars DIS Veteran

Great fabrics Kimberly! I love your FE! Is that the one you will use in Sept?

Where did you find the pirate fabrics?

13. ibouncetoo

ibouncetoo <font color=009999>I get excited by the little thi

Bring along a plastic 'zip' tie and you can attach it to the fish...just be sure you have something to cut the zip tie when your cruise is over.

(never travel without zip ties and duct tape)

14. Buckeye Gal

I agree. I think the pirate fabrics are a *great* find! I actually found each of those at JoAnn's. I've looked all over for more pirate-related fabrics around Columbus, but I've been unsuccessful. I really do like those shown here though. They have a fun look. pirate:

The "under construction" Nemo-themed FE I'm making is not what we'll use on our cruise for our Double Dip in Sept. '08. I have found and purchased so many fabrics, I'm actually not sure which I'll end up with for us! Right now, I'm leaning towards a Mickey and Minnie large polka dot fabric I found in the early spring. Although, I may go with an illusioned Minnie Mouse or Goofy or even one of the pirate FE's. :rotfl: I just don't know yet?!!

15. mruhaak

mruhaak DIS Veteran

Great idea! I wouldn't have thought of that!!

16. LuvtheEars

LuvtheEars DIS Veteran

Great idea! :thumbsup2 I was thinking of tying it to the fish with the hanging ribbon, but I like the zip tie a lot better!

I'm totally with you! In fact I'm not sure I will use this one because I just bought a new set of DCL designs. I also have a collection of Mickey Fabrics and have a great idea for a black and white one with Classic Mickey designs. Who knows what will end up on my fish? It's not like we don't have a little time to work on them. :)

17. smores

smores DIS Veteran

if you are using ribbon to hand it on the fish--you could just tie it to the fish and plan on replacing the ribbon for your next cruise. . .

18. ibouncetoo

ibouncetoo <font color=009999>I get excited by the little thi

Can't take credit for this idea....when Pahrumpgirl made mine for me, she sent along the zip tie!

19. RweTHEREyet

RweTHEREyet <font color=CC66CC>What makes you think the Tag Fa

Still hoping for more pictures from you crafty types.

20. Octoberbride03

Octoberbride03 <font color=660000>I think Tweetie done gone Cucko

I want more pictures 2. might make for my cruise even though its a long time out

21. Buckeye Gal

Here are a few that I recently made. I just don't have the dowel rod inside the sleeve at the top yet, but you can get the idea. :)

[​IMG]