first trip do-over, the TR: or.....sorry, i got stuck in a tour group! UPDATED 3-14

Yikes! I go away to Disneyland for a few days, and you have updated like a crazy person! :laughing: Now to catch up…..

Super-cute PP pics from AK!!!

How exciting that you may have a September anniversary trip! :woohoo: We used to go in October, and it was such a wonderful time to go as far as crowds and weather. And MNSSHP is the BEST! :woohoo:

Hurray for EE!!! And you know we are big fans of Puffball! :laughing:

Ah, Disney melt-downs - I wish I was less familiar with them. :rolleyes2 :laughing:

Love the family caricature - what a great idea!

Sounds like y’all had a blast at 1900! :woohoo: You really got some wonderful pictures.

Sorry about the cold. Yikes! Love the Tink magic shot though.

Looks like y’all had a great time at CP. That place is just so much fun!!! :woohoo:

You really lucked out with the fairies. That is one of my most dreaded Disney lines. Plus, you got to meet Periwinkle! Willow would pass out from the jealousy….

Awww - we love meeting the Fairy Godmother; she’s always great!

Wow - the sword show thing sounds like so much fun! It is so worth it to stop and make time for those little moments that only happen at Disney. How cool that Rich got picked to participate!

Looks like an awesome Fantasyland time and good meet with Merida as well. Willow still loves that bow and arrow set as do her friends. :laughing:

This is the first time I’ve seen pics of the new princess greet area at WDW. Looks like it is done the same way as the one at DLR (except for choosing two princesses - at DLR, it is whatever 3 are meeting, but there is no FP+ there). I love the look of the place so much better than when they were meeting at the Town Square Theater - the lighting is so much better!

I know--i'm so excited to tell everybody about what a fun trip we had! plus, I took zero notes and don't want to forget anything! :rotfl:

I love CP too! I have to admit that we're not huge Winnie the Pooh fans, but we just love them when we see them there. and I do love their food!

that's so funny. we loved periwinkle--I actually liked her better than tink--but Madison kind of wanted to see terrance and I was hoping for vidia (or vodka, if you remember from your TR). I guess they change them out according to the seasons?

we'd never met fairy godmother before. she was so sweet and I loved her autograph!

Madison uses that bow and arrow set all the time. she keeps telling us that she needs her own now. and Hannah wants us to make her a target to shoot at outside. project for rich, I guess!

we never saw the princesses before they were in the new spot, but it was pretty nice. and super quick with a fastpass. the only thing that sort of bugged me was that you couldn't just meet all of them there. would it make that big of a difference to just see them all, really? also, you can see into the other side, sort of, and it obviously causes tantrums when kids see the other princesses but can't meet them.....sigh...

so...just a real life update before the Disney update...I got a call from school this morning and you know that's never good...Hannah's class had been playing in the gym and she ran right into a cart that they had some supplies on for a game they'd been playing. she smacked her mouth right on the corner and was bleeding pretty bad. I sort of thought that she'd just have a little loose tooth or something, but when I got there.....ooooo, it was not pretty. I loaded her up into the car and we headed straight to the dentist. well, an x-ray, some laughing gas and a novocaine shot later, she was missing two teeth (thankfully baby teeth that were already wiggly) and out of school for the rest of the day. i'll skip the before pictures, since they're pretty gross, but here she is after....

I mention all this because, well, we have the best dentist EVER! not only is she amazing with kids, she LOVES Disney and goes quite often. she always has great tips and ideas for our trips. yeeeaaah....she's pretty awesome!

anyway, on to the next update!

day 3/part 3

we decided to go to pinocchio's village haus for lunch. i really wanted to sit at a table that overlooks it's a small world, but they were all taken. the food was really very good. the girls both had mac and cheese, grapes, yougurt, and chocolate milk. i had a pepperoni flatbread pizza, soda and mango gelato. rich just had some coffee and ended up eating my gelato. i really liked the pizza and would eat there again. it was great for a quick service credit. of course i forgot to take a picture until we were done. here's our trash! :rotfl:

after we ate, and no one was on the brink of a meltdown anymore, we headed back over to try to meet peter and wendy. a line was already forming so we hopped in. on a warm day, it'd probably be nice to stand in the shade, but today it was super chilly. finally, rich and the girls went to stand in the sun and i waited in line.

this line moved really slowly because peter and wendy were hilarious and took their time with everyone. it was an awesome meet and i would so stand in line again to do it next time. they were so funny! i couldn't hear all that was being said, but wendy would put peter in time out and he'd go sit in the corner, he'd sneak kisses on girls cheeks, wendy would get mad and pout at peter. they were just so good! and, i love the map on the wall behind them. it's neverland and has all sorts of little accents. we came back later when no one was there and checked it out.

when their meet and greet was over, instead of just walking out, peter and wendy ran up through the crowd, weaving around and pretending they were flying. it was the perfect way to exit. did i mention how awesome they were?!?

after meeting peter, i was FREEZING! it's a small world was a walk on, so rich and the girls went to go ride and i took the stroller and found a sunny place to sit for awhile and warm up a little. when they were done, we headed over to mickey's philharmagic. it said it was a 5 minute wait, but i don't think we even waited that long. i love this show! hannah really liked it this time too. maddie was ok with it, but she still isn't always good about leaving the 3D glasses on, so i think she misses some of the magic of it.

day 3/part 4

after philharmagic, we went to storybook circus. dumbo was a walk on so we didn't play in the play area and instead went right out to the line. we never really payed much attention to dumbo before, but now that it's all changed, i just love it! it's so pretty and i love the themeing and water features. plus, even though they've never seen the movie, the girls get all excited about it and that's always awesome!

after that, we decided to try out the barnstormer.

we had never ridden it before due to the line being ridicuously long. it said a 20 minute wait, so we hopped in line. madison was given a red card and this time i got a picture of it!

really, they should not give those to kids. madison was convinced it was some special card just for her and when we told her to give it to the CM, she was mad that she had to give it away! :laughing: oh, and we did end up waiting every one of those 20 minutes for this ride. it was fun, but i'm not sure i'd stand in line for 20 minutes again for it. mostly we did it because goofy is hannah's favorite. seriously though, is it incredibly short, or was it just me?

we decided to take a little break after that and got on the train. i love riding the train around and seeing the whole park from up there. besides, my legs/feet were killing me and i was up for anything that required sitting down!

when we got off the train, we headed out of storybook circus and went up to catch dream along with mickey. we were a little late and just grabbed a spot to sit far away from the stage, but the kids could see well enough so we were good. it is a really cute little show. madison loved it when malificent came out (she is really into the villians all of a sudden)! and i thought it was super cute when the girls were yelling along "dreams do come true! dreams do come true!"

while we had been watching the show, rich had gone to find a snack. just as the show was getting over, he came back with a scone from starbucks. we started walking to tomorrowland and this guy started following us. rich decided to give him some scone crumbs and he was one happy duck.

those disney animals are sure lucky! spend the day in the parks, get starbucks snacks, what a life!

day 3/part 5

after we fed the duck, we headed over to space mountain to use our next fast pass. i'm pretty sure everyone took a bathroom break, then i sort of forget the order of how things happened. i think rich rode first using the fast pass i'd gotten for madison (she was too short and couldn't go on). when he came out, hannah and i went on with our fastpasses and i got a rider swap for rich. this was the first time i've ever had a CM question why i needed a rider swap card. luckily madison and rich were in eyesight because she said she HAD to see the baby that couldn't ride. anyway, it was basically a walk on with our fastpass. i, of course, loved it! hannah was not so thrilled with it. when we got off, she flat out refused to go on again with rich. rich used the rider swap card and walked on one more time. after that, he didn't feel like going again and we never did use the fastpass that i had reserved for him.

while we were waiting for him, the girls and i decided to do a new ride for us.....the peoplemover! but....it wasn't working. we went over and watched some of the incredibles dance party, but no one felt like dancing. it didn't take too long, and the peoplemover was back up, so we hopped on.

enjoying the ride, or wondering why mom's stinky feet are on her seat? :laughing:

i really liked it, but the girls were confused by it. they kept thinking it was going to be scary, or turn into a roller coaser or something. when we got off, the moving sidewalk to go down wasn't working. the girls thought it was super fun to run down and i was yelling the whole time for them to slow down, convinced someone was going to take a header down the ramp. it's pretty steep for running!

when we got done, rich was still in space mountain, so we went back to the dance party. this time, hannah felt like getting her groove on!

when we were done dancing, rich just happened to be getting off space mountain. we found a place to park our stroller and went over to use our next fastpass to buzz lightyear!

fun as always, but i never do very good. how does anybody ever tell where they are shooting?!? then we had to take some pics with zurg....of course!

i tried to get rich to get in too, but he couldn't fit between the bars. we settled for stern finger shaking...well, giggly stern finger shaking....we are so immature at disney!

we were going to meet buzz after our ride, but the line was long and didn't seem to be moving very quickly. we decided to skip it and headed over to monsters inc laugh floor. madison was having a small fit because neither of us would hold her while we were waiting. i finally convinced her to sit on the floor while we waited and that stopped her whining and looks from others. this was maddie before the show started. is someone getting sleepy? if you said yes, you're right! she was asleep by the time the show was over....

the show was great as always, and, while rich didn't get to be THAT guy, they did pick him to be mike when the monsters sam and ella are telling the story of what happens in the movie. it was very funny when they picked him because at first rich didn't realize he was on the screen. they were telling him "cover one eye....because your mike....ya know, one eyed monster....do something!" when he realized it was him, he covered one eye and they were like "geezsh!" it was cracking me up! and hannah kept saying "that was dad!"

after we got our sleeping child gathered up, we got our stroller and headed over to cosmic rays for some dinner. it was freezing out, and i was happy to be inside to stay warm! we found a table and pushed the stroller right up to it since maddie was seriously out. i stayed with the the girls and rich went up and got food for us all to share. we stayed in there until it was time for our next reservation.....

might as well finish up this day....

day 3/part 6

when it was close to 7, we headed over to the tomorrowland terrace. i had gotten reservations to do the fireworks and dessert party. we waited to be let in for just a little while, then were shown to our table. rich went up first and got a few things and coffee. then i went up and got a few things and hot chocolate. have i mentioned my new disney hot chocolate addiction? here are a few pictures i took while we were waiting.

it was SO cold we had put the rain cover on our stroller to try to keep some heat in with the girls. hannah seemed pretty toasty in there and was pretty content when rich gave her his phone to pass the time.

we had probably sat there for about 45 minutes or so, and rich and i were feeling pretty frozen. the desserts were good, but hard to enjoy when you're shivering like crazy. we were going to stay for the fireworks, which the girls had never seen, but then maddie woke up. she was just miserable. she was cold, she was tired, she was hungry, she was mad, she was sad, she needed hugs, she didn't want anyone touching her. we finally gave up and left before the fireworks started. if it had been warmer and not about 30 degrees, this would have been really fun. as it was, we spent about $80 for 2 drinks, some desserts and a place to sit down for 45 minutes. oh well......

we made it out of the park and i think this was the night that a bus was pulling away when we got there. we waited about 15 minutes or so, talked about getting a cab, and finally got on the bus back to POR. when we got back, madison was awake, of course. rich went to get her something to eat, but she didn't like it. we ended up telling her that belle and the beast had make the pasta special just for her and would be so sad if she didn't try it. i have no idea how we came up with that, but it worked and she ate a few bites. we watched a little tv and soon everyone was asleep again.....

this was such an awesome day! we did so much stuff and were always ahead of what i had thought. we had time to fit in extra stuff like the dance party and 3 tea cups rides. that's how i love the day to go! i would love to try doing the desserts and fireworks party again sometime. the only thing i think we missed was the astro orbiter. we've never done it and i really want to, but the line was always super long. another thing to put on the list for next time.

Poor thing! Had to get her teeth out, huh? Well at least that means a visit from the tooth fairy, right? :thumbsup2

I am sooo glad to see you ate at Pinocchio Village! I have been wanting someone to tell me if its good! That mac n cheese looks pretty delish, and my girls would eat m&c at almost every meal if we could, so thats def going on the list for next trip!!!

Peter and Wendy are too cute!! Glad you got to meet them!!

Youre most def not alone on the barnstormer! We waited like 20 mins as well and the ride is like 5 seconds long!!! Come on Disney, let it go around twice or something, right!! :confused:

We didn't get to do monsters inc laugh floor, but I think well put it on our must do this time, everyone seems to enjoy it!

That stinks about your dessert party!! But with kids you gotta roll with the punches sometimes... :faint:

and I just have to say again how much I LOVE your yetis!! We have one too, and I think I might get one myself next time! He's so cute and squishy! I am designing a yeti shirt for our AK day next trip bc of our squishy ball yeti!! :lovestruc

LOVE your updates!!! :banana:

Joining in. Just found the report. I am thinking about taking a January 2015 trip to celebrate by 50th birthday. What day was you birthday? My most memorable birthday had me getting a cupcake from Goofy at Chef Mickeys.

I love the new Peter Pan & Wendy meet & Greet. We passed that several times when we were there in November but no one was ever meeting there.

Philharmonic is probably my FAVORITE Fantasyland attraction & 4D show. I just love the music, the smells & the storyline. I think it's highly underrated by most guests as it's almost always empty. Their HUGE loss.

We ate at Pinnochio's house one night as well & I really liked their food. ANd we snagged a Small World Table so it was double bonus!

Barnstormer is crazy short ride- but my kids adore it. I can barely fit in those seats.

We had reservations for Dessert Party our very last night there, by end of trip we were exhausted so I ended up giving them up. SOrry you had to leave before the fireworks but baby knows best, right? She needed some sleep and some warming up!!! Next time!!

Great update!

Poor Hannah :( Hope she is feeling ok now!

We had the same friends of Peter & Wendy! They really are so awesome :)

Cute pics from the dance party!

I'm so sorry the dessert party didn't work out :( But I'm glad you still had an awesome day!!

Aw poor Hannah! She looks like she was feeling ok after having the teeth out though, that's good!

We liked the flatbread at Pinnochio's a lot too, definitely a good QS credit use! I'm glad your meet with Peter and Wendy was so awesome.

Too bad about the dessert party, that sucks. We did it on our trip too, and I was underwhelmed. I don't think we'd do it again. My favorite part of the nighttime stuff is the castle projection show, and you just couldn't see it at all from Tomorrowland Terrace. But it is nice to have an uncrowded spot to see the fireworks!

I forgot to mention last time, did you notice that you centered Cinderella's crown perfectly on her head in the photo you took of the fountain? I love that little detail!

I found your trip report and got caught up this morning. As snow day in Mississippi of all places! Our next trip is planned for January 2015. I can't wait to read more about your family's trip.

Glad those were baby teeth and not permanent ones!

Can't wait to take our Miranda in May, as many times as I've been I've never got to ride Dumbo and now I finally have a Big Girl excuse...like ya really needed one at Disney ;)

She is a huge Monsters Inc fan and will for sure have fun at the Laugh Floor and I hope we can snag a meet at HS with Mike and Sulley bc she will probably never want to leave! :worship: (or run like crazy when she realizes how big Sulley is in real life).

Poor thing! Had to get her teeth out, huh? Well at least that means a visit from the tooth fairy, right? :thumbsup2

I am sooo glad to see you ate at Pinocchio Village! I have been wanting someone to tell me if its good! That mac n cheese looks pretty delish, and my girls would eat m&c at almost every meal if we could, so thats def going on the list for next trip!!!

Peter and Wendy are too cute!! Glad you got to meet them!!

Youre most def not alone on the barnstormer! We waited like 20 mins as well and the ride is like 5 seconds long!!! Come on Disney, let it go around twice or something, right!! :confused:

We didn't get to do monsters inc laugh floor, but I think well put it on our must do this time, everyone seems to enjoy it!

That stinks about your dessert party!! But with kids you gotta roll with the punches sometimes... :faint:

and I just have to say again how much I LOVE your yetis!! We have one too, and I think I might get one myself next time! He's so cute and squishy! I am designing a yeti shirt for our AK day next trip bc of our squishy ball yeti!! :lovestruc

LOVE your updates!!! :banana:

yes...she likes to keep us on our toes! The funniest part was after we left I saw her in the mirror poking her tongue around in the space and she says "hey--my teeth are gone!" I said the dentist pulled them remember? And she says ".....no....." That laughing gas must be good stuff! And thank goodness the tooth fairy had some cash in her wallet! :laughing:

We really did like Pinocchio haus. I was going to just use a snack credit and get some breadsticks that looked yummy since I wasn't too hungry, but you can't use a snack credit and meal credit on the same transaction and there was a line forming behind us so I just got the flatbread to make it easier. Our girls pretty much live on Mac n cheese when we vacation. That or hot dogs....

I can not wait to see your yeti shirts!!

Joining in. Just found the report. I am thinking about taking a January 2015 trip to celebrate by 50th birthday. What day was you birthday? My most memorable birthday had me getting a cupcake from Goofy at Chef Mickeys.

thanks for joining! :flower3: my birthday was January 8. I wore my birthday button all week though!

You should totally go! It's so fun to celebrate there and January is an awesome time to be there!

I love the new Peter Pan & Wendy meet & Greet. We passed that several times when we were there in November but no one was ever meeting there.

Philharmonic is probably my FAVORITE Fantasyland attraction & 4D show. I just love the music, the smells & the storyline. I think it's highly underrated by most guests as it's almost always empty. Their HUGE loss.

We ate at Pinnochio's house one night as well & I really liked their food. ANd we snagged a Small World Table so it was double bonus!

Barnstormer is crazy short ride- but my kids adore it. I can barely fit in those seats.

We had reservations for Dessert Party our very last night there, by end of trip we were exhausted so I ended up giving them up. SOrry you had to leave before the fireworks but baby knows best, right? She needed some sleep and some warming up!!! Next time!!

Great update!

i totally agree about mickeys philharmagic! I love it so much! But that's ok with me if others skip it--less wait for me! :rotfl:

I'm so jealous you got a small world table! We got there right about noon and it was pretty packed so I wasn't too surprised that they were all taken though.

I think I was more bummed on spending the money on the dessert party over not getting to see the fireworks. I could have found something else to spend $80 on, I'm sure, but who thinks its going to be under 30 degrees in Florida?

Poor Hannah :( Hope she is feeling ok now!

We had the same friends of Peter & Wendy! They really are so awesome :)

Cute pics from the dance party!

I'm so sorry the dessert party didn't work out :( But I'm glad you still had an awesome day!!

thanks--yes, she's feeling pretty good now, just a little swollen up. Last night she was fighting with Madison like normal so I'm not too worried! :laughing:

The dance party was so cute! I didn't know they were even doing that but it was a fun way to see mr and mrs incredible and frozone!

We really did have such a fun day!

Aw poor Hannah! She looks like she was feeling ok after having the teeth out though, that's good!

We liked the flatbread at Pinnochio's a lot too, definitely a good QS credit use! I'm glad your meet with Peter and Wendy was so awesome.

Too bad about the dessert party, that sucks. We did it on our trip too, and I was underwhelmed. I don't think we'd do it again. My favorite part of the nighttime stuff is the castle projection show, and you just couldn't see it at all from Tomorrowland Terrace. But it is nice to have an uncrowded spot to see the fireworks!

I forgot to mention last time, did you notice that you centered Cinderella's crown perfectly on her head in the photo you took of the fountain? I love that little detail!

yep, she's doing good. A little pain med, novocaine and laughing gas must be a good mix! :rolleyes:

You know, I was so excited to try the dessert party then I found out that everybody stands up and crowds around the railing to watch the fireworks. I sort of thought the point was to be able to sit and watch and be comfy. The more I think about it, the more I think it's not high on the must do list anymore.

I tried to line up her crown when I took that picture. Only because I read somewhere on the DIS that it would look like she was wearing it. I love learning about all those little things in here!:love:

I found your trip report and got caught up this morning. As snow day in Mississippi of all places! Our next trip is planned for January 2015. I can't wait to read more about your family's trip.

:welcome: and I hope your staying warm! We really loved going in January! You'll have a blast!

Found your TR and am loving it!!

thanks! Glad your enjoying it and happy your here! :wave2:

Glad those were baby teeth and not permanent ones!

Can't wait to take our Miranda in May, as many times as I've been I've never got to ride Dumbo and now I finally have a Big Girl excuse...like ya really needed one at Disney ;)

She is a huge Monsters Inc fan and will for sure have fun at the Laugh Floor and I hope we can snag a meet at HS with Mike and Sulley bc she will probably never want to leave! :worship: (or run like crazy when she realizes how big Sulley is in real life).

me too! She only has two permanent teeth on the bottom so far, so if she's going to knock some out, the top ones are fine! :laughing:

We never rode dumbo until we had kids, but we really love it! It's so pretty and colorful! And I always use the kids as an excuse to do childish stuff that I want to do! :)

We never did make it back to meet like and sulley but I hear that the area is updated for the monster university movie and is supposed to be pretty cool.

I see a new ticker does that mean your Sept trip is in? And that you have dates? So excited to hear about the details!

It's a shame about the dessert party, don't you sometimes wish Disney could control their weather? That would really make WDW perfect!

Don't you just love it when you meet a great character? Sounds like your peter and Wendy were perfect!

I am amazed with all you got accomplished on this day! It was a great day.

Oh and I got all caught up in the new ticker excitement, I forgot to say, poor Hannah! I hope she is feeling better soon!

Wow!!! that looked like a great day, and kudos for all the updates so we could "live it" with you!!! :cool1:

Awwwww, poor Hannah. But yes, glad they were baby teeth. Audrey had two of her teeth pulled and had to have spacers put in cause they aren't supposed to come in for about two more years. So yay they were already loose, she should get her big girl teeth in no time!!! :)

What do you mean they have never seen Dumbo.......:worried:

Hahahaha, I have a VHS of ever after too. It's one of my favorites. I still watch it all the time :love:

I see a new ticker does that mean your Sept trip is in? And that you have dates? So excited to hear about the details!

It's a shame about the dessert party, don't you sometimes wish Disney could control their weather? That would really make WDW perfect!

Don't you just love it when you meet a great character? Sounds like your peter and Wendy were perfect!

I am amazed with all you got accomplished on this day! It was a great day.

Oh and I got all caught up in the new ticker excitement, I forgot to say, poor Hannah! I hope she is feeling better soon!

well....I have to admit, the old ticker made me sad so I used our most likely date and made a new ticker. we haven't made any reservations yet or final decisions and I still might look at some October dates (I think Hannah has some days off school) but we're like 99% sure everything is on! :hyper:

I was bummed when we left the dessert party, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little happy. it was so cold and we just weren't having fun. and, I thought that part of paying for it was so you could sit and watch the fireworks, but then our waitress told us that everyone crowds up at the railing to watch. I could crowd around with everyone for free on main street. I'm starting to think it's not on my list of priorities much anymore.

we really did have an awesome day! I love going in January! (but I'm super excited to try September too! ::yes:: )

and thanks...Hannah is doing fine, a little lispy when she talks and getting annoyed with me for making her say tooth so I can giggle at it (I really am a mean mom!), but was very excited to get money from the tooth fairy, so you know, that made it all worth it. :laughing:

Wow!!! that looked like a great day, and kudos for all the updates so we could "live it" with you!!! :cool1:

Awwwww, poor Hannah. But yes, glad they were baby teeth. Audrey had two of her teeth pulled and had to have spacers put in cause they aren't supposed to come in for about two more years. So yay they were already loose, she should get her big girl teeth in no time!!! :)

What do you mean they have never seen Dumbo.......:worried:

Hahahaha, I have a VHS of ever after too. It's one of my favorites. I still watch it all the time :love:

Just realized I missed a page!!:confused3

Thanks for the link for the skirts. I am definitely gonna check it out!! :banana:

I know...I am an awful parent! they haven't seen dumbo (I haven't seen it for years....probably because it makes me cry) or lady and the tramp or 101 dalmations. we are horrible, neglectful parents! maybe we'll have to find them at the library before the next trip!

I just love ever after! it is so so so good! now I want to go watch it!

no problem! the place she suggests for getting the material is awesome and super quick! pettiskirts are very time consuming but so cute when done. I sort of got lost reading her directions, but when I started one and just took it step by step, it made sense and wasn't hard at all. just lots and lots of fabric to deal with at the beginning. let me know if I can help in any way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter