• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

first trip do-over, the TR: or.....sorry, i got stuck in a tour group! UPDATED 3-14

Hi! I just popped over here after seeing you reply to a couple other TRs I am reading. I love your report!!!!! We are going for the first time in Sept and staying in a royal room :cool1: We're also planning on going to DTD and eating at T-REX. Then we're going to cirque de soleil. I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.....especially if you did any of the other things we are planning on doing!!!!:goodvibes

Congrats on 10 years. I think a trip to Disney is a FANTASTIC idea for it!!! We went to St. Croix for our 10th...(my DH is NOT into Disney!!! I'm hoping this trip will change that for him since he will be living it through our daughters this time ;) ) When in Sept are you going? We go on the 24th. We were actually gonna go a week later but moved it back in hopes for free dining!!!!

I love all the PP photos! You guys are such a cute family and you all look great with the matching shirts!

What a cute story about the Frozen dad!

How exciting that another trip is potenitally in the works!! :cool1: MNSSHP is a must! September usually has free dining so hopefully that continues for you again!

What a great anniversary present!! You get to plan another trip!! How awesome is that!?! What day in September is your anniversary? We got married in September too... but this year will be our 8th.

We've never been in September, but I'd like to go! I hear crowds aren't too awful and there has been that possibility of free dining the last few years! Crossing my fingers for you!

Oh... and MNSSHP is a MUST do! Hallowishes is awesome and it's just an overall great time!

sounds like a fun meet and greet with Doug and Russell! Love all your photpass pictures!

and I love your real life update - super sweet story about the family behind you ... clearly he was a "real" man!

Congrats on going back to Disney - hope everything works out!

Yay! Another trip that is so exciting! I obviously haven't been in sept yet, but it looks like free dining is defiantly possibale. Maybe we will be there at the same time! I am so happy for you!

Love all the AK pics, your matching shirts are adorable!

What an exciting update!

Ahh! Love the intro! So glad to hear good things about Magic Bands and FP+!!!! Yipeeeee!! So they mail them before your trip then?

Don't worry about phone photos, that's me too! Lol! And I can relate to your food picture issues, same here!

Sorry to reply three times in a row, but I was on my phone! Then I finally decided to hop on the computer so I could see all your photos better!! AK day looks so fun! You've already fit a lot in! Bummer on the hubs missing out some, my hubs missed part of our Epcot day when he was feeling sick, so I understand!

I realy wanted to do ITTBAB, but we never had time :( Bugs are creepy but that show looks fun to me! I have to at least TRY it!

I am with you all on the bird phobia though!

day 2,

after ITTBB, we were offically hungry. we decided to go to yak and yeti quick service for some lunch. i forgot that i wanted to try the fried rice there, and was bummed out when i remembered later. oh well....next time. i got the sweet and sour chicken. it was just ok, a little spicy for me. rich got honey chicken, which looked really good. the girls got chicken fingers and cheeseburger kids meals. again, those were just ok. here's a food pic i actually tried to take, but it's not great...

Shame you forgot about the fried rice!! On our AK day the ONLY meal we ate there was fried rice and egg rolls at Y&Y!! The awesome thing was that it only cost a snack credit and it was def big enough for a meal!!! We even at that super early in the day, we were trying to save room for Hoop De Doo that we were doing later that night! LOL! But def put on your to-do list in Sept if you make it to AK!!!

Congrats on 10 years!! :thumbsup2 Disney is the PERFECT way to celebrate! And youll get to wear cute Anniversary buttons and get special treatment! Cant beat that!!!

Waiting for more updates!!! :banana:

day 2, part 6

we FINALLY made it to EE. thank goodness we had a fastpass, because the stand by line was LONG! i don't know how long because we had our fastpass so i didn't pay attention. rich and hannah went first and got a rider swap for me since madison wasn't tall enough to go on. we found a place to sit and maddie played on my phone while i people watched. it didn't take very long and rich was back with hannah and we zoomed through the fastpass line again.

**note on fastpass.....things i didn't realize until it was too late. if one person in your group is too small to ride something, just get a fastpass for one adult. have that person ride and do rider swap, then you can ride (with your child or alone). really, i should have just picked fastpass for EE for rich and hannah. they could have ridden and gotten a rider swap ticket, then hannah and i could have ridden. i could have used the fastpasses i reserved for madison and myself for something else. also, if you remember, we never did use our fastpasses for the safari that morning. i should have canceled them and reserved something else later in the day, but i didn't and basically wasted those fastpasses. it didn't end up really mattering since the park wasn't very crowded, but if it had been a busier day, changing those fastpasses would have been smart.

ok....back to the story....hannah had liked EE until the very end, but i guess it jerked to a stop and hurt her stomach, so she wasn't too excited to ride again. i was going to go alone, but she took pity on her poor mom and came with. lucky she did, because they gave her the red card! we've never gotten one before and i was excited! silly, i know! i had left my phone with rich and madison so i couldn't take a picture though--bummer! but, we were really there to ride EE and i LOVED it!! i wished we could have gone again, but the standby line was just too long. i didn't see our ride photo and i didn't buy it, so i don't have any proof, but we had a great time (until the end when it jerked to a stop again. at least we were prepared this time!)! for being so brave and riding twice, i let hannah pick another souvenir. she, of course, picked another stuffed animal and we had to get one for madison too. they got the big puffball yetis. i'm sure they'll be in a later pic. i have to admit, even though i feel like our house is being overrun with stuffies, they are really soft and squishy and snuggly.

so....we were done escaping the yeti, no better time than to go hang with some dinosaurs. we were off to dinoland! first up was triceratop spin (or whatever it's called--"the dinosaur ride that's like dumbo" is what the girls say).

standing on our number--i think we were in dinosaur 8

here we go!

waiting in line to go again! (do you think those eyes are looking tired? i do! oh yeah--there's some crying coming up!)

after we were done with the spinning dinosaurs, we decided to go on another dinosaur ride....dinosaur! we had skipped this last trip due to LONG lines, so i was excited to go again!

we had a fastpass for 3-4 and were a few minutes early, but they let us go right in. we waited in line for a little bit, but were in our time travel car soon enough. were we the only ones who thought it was funny to see mrs. huxtable during the movie? i'd totally forgotten that part! rich and i loved the ride and hannah thought it was pretty fun. madison was no fan. i took a quick picture of our ride photo....are we scarring our children for life by terrifying them on rides they don't want to go on? nahhh....

we went into the gift shop after this. we had told the girls they could use a snack credit to get a sucker and they both picked one out, but for some reason, hannah got attached to this huge book meant for kids way older than her and wouldn't put it down. eventually i had to pry it out of her hands and put it back. oh yes....we were that family rushing from the gift shop in tears. we sat down outside where i lost my cool, hannah sat in time out, madison kept asking for her sucker, and rich just stood there unsure of what he should do. we finally all calmed down and everybody had a good laugh when i stood up. we had just plopped down on the curb and i had unknowingly sat by a sprinkler head which leaked and made a wet spot on my tush. the girls found this hilarious and i was glad they were finally laughing again!

we started walking back towards the middle of dinoland trying to decide what to do. we wanted to go on primeval whirl, but neither of the girls was tall enough. this lead to more tears, from madison this time. she had been convinced that she was going on that ride with daddy and when they wouldn't let her on, she broke down. luckily there was an open bench nearby and i hustled the girls over to sit and relax while rich rode. it said a 10 minute wait on standby but it must have been more like a walk on because rich was back soon.

we decided to start heading towards the front of the park, but there was one more thing rich really wanted to do before we left. get a caricature of the family done. that was pretty fun....and it was a nice chance for us all to sit down some more! yay! i have to say, i wore bad shoes on this trip and they were the only ones i brought. if we were moving, i was ok, but standing in lines was torture for my feet and legs! i finally wised up and took a lot of ibuprofen the rest of the week, but those first two days were painful! proper footwear, people!! learn from my mistake! anyway, this was our family picture....

after that, we really did need to head out. we had another ADR to make it to. we stopped at the only other photopass photographer we saw that day, then grabbed some popcorn to snack on and went out to find a bus.....

day 2, part 7

we took a bus over to magic kingdom, then hopped onto the monorail to the grand floridian. yep, we were headed to 1900 park fare to have dinner with some royalty! we've never been to the grand floridian before. oh my gosh!!! is it gorgeous in there or what? and it smells so good! as soon as we walked in, we went to the railing to gawk....i mean, look....at everything and music started playing. i looked across the balcony and there was a quartet playing. i had a total pretty woman moment and said "oh--there's a band!" (if you don't know what i'm talking about, go watch pretty woman right now--when he takes her to the opera....go on, i'll wait!) it was just too much!

we did a little window shopping in the gift shop. then went down in the pretty elevator.

i loved all the details on the floors, but i couldn't take any pictures because my phone was almost dead. over by where they do the tea parties, there was a mrs. potts and chip. they were adorable! there was a rose too. i think there was a prince charming and cinderella somewhere. we probably looked silly walking around staring at the floors! we finally checked in and found a place in the lobby to hang out until they called us back. we did get our picture taken, but it's not great and i don't have it on the computer, so......maybe i'll add it later.

our server came quickly and prince charming was at our table almost as soon as he left.

he was quickly followed by cinderella.....

they were fine, nothing stands out too much about their visits, except that i thought the prince was pretty good. he had the voice down really well--seemed very prince-y. but, the real reason we were there was to see lady tremaine, drizella and anastasia. madison loves the movie cinderella and for some reason adores the villians now. when lady tremaine came up to the table, madison couldn't even talk! she was totally starstruck!

lady tremaine was HILARIOUS!! maybe the best interaction of the whole trip. she was so totally in character--i loved the smirk she had on her face the whole time! she came up to our table and saw our autograph photomat and said "oh.....i suppose you want me to sign this?" she took the marker and signed, then flicked it back onto the table when she was done. the girls were not talking so i said "we're so excited to be here. we've really been looking forward to meeting you." she scoffed and said "well, of course you were! who WOULDN'T want to meet us? we have SO much more personality than that prince! the only interesting thing he's ever said is "stop that carriage!" ridiculous!" then she moved over so we could take a picture. she was having the girls stand in front of her, but was making faces like she couldn't stand touching them, then she said "oohh...you hug your sister. i'm not really into that huggy stuff....." and we got this pic...

she was a few tables down from us when they had the waltz for cinderella and prince charming and the parade. she made all sorts of faces and when it was over yelled "everybody get back to your tables, NOW!" i was cracking up! she was perfect!

drizella came to our table next. she seemed a little rushed and didn't interact too much. maddie was again starstruck and didn't seem to care. we told her we have her doll at home and she squealed and was happy about that. i liked when she signed her name, she sort of wrote over part of prince charmings name--very funny!

anastasia was last. she was great! she talked with the girls a long time about "her" movies and what happens in them and why we should see them. she wanted to know who was prettier, her or drizella. the girls really liked her and madison actually giggled.

finally we got to eat. honestly, by this point, i was so tired and hungry, i don't really remember what we ate or if we liked it. i know rich was excited about the indian food choices and i remember there being some good mashed potatoes. i took a picture of my desserts.

i do know that we loved the strawberry soup!!! hannah ate a whole bowl by herself before any of the rest of us had even tried it. i don't know what's in there, but she loved it!

after we were finally done, we went back upstairs where i bought a bracelet i had spied earlier and then we headed out to the monorail. we had to wait a little bit and a small crowd was there. it had gotten pretty cold throughout the day and we were all chilly and wondering where the monorail was. one of the CMs decided the girls should play a trivia game and the adults could help. he started asking them trivia questions about disney and no matter who answered, he'd pretend the girls had said something and give them little monorail trading cards. he also gave them a sticker. they thought he was awesome, of course! we finally got on the monorail, then onto a bus to POR. i'm pretty sure rich and i had to stand on that ride. we did a lot of standing on buses this trip....not fun when you're exhausted! we finally made it back to our room. madison would NOT let us wash her face paint off, so we gave up and just let her go to bed. hannah let us wash her face, but i'm pretty sure she was asleep standing up. after they were tucked in, rich and i pretty much passed out too! it had been a great, busy first day!!

this do over of our animal kingdom day was much better than our last trip! we actually saw the whole park, instead of just staying in the dinoland area like last time. we saw some shows, ate, and met some characters. we never did find pocahontas, but no one seemed that disappointed, so i'm fine with that. we really got to everything we had wanted to--woohoo!

I will never ride ITTBAB again!!! I started crying too!! It was horrible!! I have a bug phobia and being stuck in that dark room with "bugs" running under my butt was torture!! Horrible!! And the spiders that drop from the ceiling?? :scared1: And the "stinger" in your back? No...just no! After the stinger happened, I curled up in the fetal position with my back away from the chair back and my eyes closed and my hands over my ears. We will never go back in that room of torture ever again! Lol
And I love the flags too!! :) I always end up with like 30 photos of them. In fact, I think the flags are the main reason I want to go back to AK on our next trip. Flags and festival of the lion king (cause I know Caden will love that!)

oh my gosh!!! you did have a horrible ITTBAB experience! I don't blame you for not wanting to go back. I've never had a problem before, but I did get quite the jab in the back from that stinger this time. I guess it depends where you sit? I was thinking they could skip that part for sure!

what is it with those flags? I just love them!

i'm so sad we missed FOTLK, but I guess it'll be exciting to see it in it's new place.

Wow, so many updates! It looks like you had an awesome AK day. Your report definitely makes me want to go to Tusker House next time! It looks so yummy. That last pic in front of the Tree of Life is great! Definitely frame worthy! And YAY for getting to go back so soon!

I'm so excited! I can't believe DH was on board with another trip so soon, but i'm not gonna question it! :lmao:

definitely go to tusker house! it's so good!

Hi! I just popped over here after seeing you reply to a couple other TRs I am reading. I love your report!!!!! We are going for the first time in Sept and staying in a royal room :cool1: We're also planning on going to DTD and eating at T-REX. Then we're going to cirque de soleil. I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.....especially if you did any of the other things we are planning on doing!!!!:goodvibes

Congrats on 10 years. I think a trip to Disney is a FANTASTIC idea for it!!! We went to St. Croix for our 10th...(my DH is NOT into Disney!!! I'm hoping this trip will change that for him since he will be living it through our daughters this time ;) ) When in Sept are you going? We go on the 24th. We were actually gonna go a week later but moved it back in hopes for free dining!!!!

:welcome: i'm glad you came over! I love when new people comment! you will LOVE the royal room and POR, in general. it's so pretty and peaceful!

thanks--st Croix sounds awesome! i'm not for sure when we'll go yet, but this afternoon I was looking at dates and was thinking maybe the 25-28 or that next weekend, which is the first weekend of October. I wanted to look at a school calendar too. now that Hannah in school, we can't just go whenever like we used to. darn school.... :laughing: I have my fingers crossed for free dining too!

I love all the PP photos! You guys are such a cute family and you all look great with the matching shirts!

What a cute story about the Frozen dad!

How exciting that another trip is potenitally in the works!! :cool1: MNSSHP is a must! September usually has free dining so hopefully that continues for you again!

aawww, thanks!

i'm hoping free dining comes out--that would be so awesome!

What a great anniversary present!! You get to plan another trip!! How awesome is that!?! What day in September is your anniversary? We got married in September too... but this year will be our 8th.

We've never been in September, but I'd like to go! I hear crowds aren't too awful and there has been that possibility of free dining the last few years! Crossing my fingers for you!

Oh... and MNSSHP is a MUST do! Hallowishes is awesome and it's just an overall great time!

we got married September 25. I think it was great month to get married--we got lots of outside pictures and had a beautiful day!

we've never gone in September either. we were always there the week before thanksgiving until this January trip. we got a stay, play and dine discount on this trip, but i'm hoping for free dining this time!

MNSSHP looks SO awesome! I really want to do it! I think it would be so fun to see the villians and the princes with the princesses!

sounds like a fun meet and greet with Doug and Russell! Love all your photpass pictures!

and I love your real life update - super sweet story about the family behind you ... clearly he was a "real" man!

Congrats on going back to Disney - hope everything works out!

dug and Russell were too cute. i'm glad we stopped to see them this time.

thanks! I hope so too! i'll keep you posted!

Yay! Another trip that is so exciting! I obviously haven't been in sept yet, but it looks like free dining is defiantly possibale. Maybe we will be there at the same time! I am so happy for you!

Love all the AK pics, your matching shirts are adorable!

What an exciting update!

i'm not sure yet when we'll go but I was looking at the last weekend of September or first weekend of October. that'd be so fun if we went at the same time!

Ahh! Love the intro! So glad to hear good things about Magic Bands and FP+!!!! Yipeeeee!! So they mail them before your trip then?

Don't worry about phone photos, that's me too! Lol! And I can relate to your food picture issues, same here!

I really wasn't too sure about the magic bands and FP+, but we really didn't have any problems with them and I ended up really liking it all. especially that you can do EVERYTHING with it. if we didn't have kids and need the stroller and jackets and wipes and all that kid stuff, we could really just go in bag free and be fine. I like that!

yep, we got ours about a month before we left, I think. at about 80 days out we got a message on my Disney experience to personalize them. it was so silly, but I was so excited!

i'm glad you understand about the phone photos. I just hate carrying a bunch of stuff around with me so if I can just bring my phone and not a camera too, i'm much happier!

Oh wow! Royal Room! That's where I want to stay in Sept!! Finger crossed for a deal!!!

it was so pretty! you'll love it!

Sorry to reply three times in a row, but I was on my phone! Then I finally decided to hop on the computer so I could see all your photos better!! AK day looks so fun! You've already fit a lot in! Bummer on the hubs missing out some, my hubs missed part of our Epcot day when he was feeling sick, so I understand!

I realy wanted to do ITTBAB, but we never had time :( Bugs are creepy but that show looks fun to me! I have to at least TRY it!

I am with you all on the bird phobia though!

Congrats on 10 years!! :thumbsup2 Disney is the PERFECT way to celebrate! And youll get to wear cute Anniversary buttons and get special treatment! Cant beat that!!!

we did get a lot in at AK. if you can avoid the tour groups, January is a great month to be there! it's the worst weather we've ever had, but i'll take that over crowds.

I like ITTBAB, but seeing it from our kids viewpoint, I can understand why it's a little creepy to them. it's really fun though.

ugh...birds.....

thanks! I thought it was a good idea since that's where he proposed. I wore my birthday button on this trip and loved all the happy birthdays I got. it'd be fun to hear happy anniversary! the whole trip!

day 2, part 6 we FINALLY made it to EE. thank goodness we had a fastpass, because the stand by line was LONG! i don't know how long because we had our fastpass so i didn't pay attention. rich and hannah went first and got a rider swap for me since madison wasn't tall enough to go on. we found a place to sit and maddie played on my phone while i people watched. it didn't take very long and rich was back with hannah and we zoomed through the fastpass line again. **note on fastpass.....things i didn't realize until it was too late. if one person in your group is too small to ride something, just get a fastpass for one adult. have that person ride and do rider swap, then you can ride (with your child or alone). really, i should have just picked fastpass for EE for rich and hannah. they could have ridden and gotten a rider swap ticket, then hannah and i could have ridden. i could have used the fastpasses i reserved for madison and myself for something else. also, if you remember, we never did use our fastpasses for the safari that morning. i should have canceled them and reserved something else later in the day, but i didn't and basically wasted those fastpasses. it didn't end up really mattering since the park wasn't very crowded, but if it had been a busier day, changing those fastpasses would have been smart. ok....back to the story....hannah had liked EE until the very end, but i guess it jerked to a stop and hurt her stomach, so she wasn't too excited to ride again. i was going to go alone, but she took pity on her poor mom and came with. lucky she did, because they gave her the red card! we've never gotten one before and i was excited! silly, i know! i had left my phone with rich and madison so i couldn't take a picture though--bummer! but, we were really there to ride EE and i LOVED it!! i wished we could have gone again, but the standby line was just too long. i didn't see our ride photo and i didn't buy it, so i don't have any proof, but we had a great time (until the end when it jerked to a stop again. at least we were prepared this time!)! for being so brave and riding twice, i let hannah pick another souvenir. she, of course, picked another stuffed animal and we had to get one for madison too. they got the big puffball yetis. i'm sure they'll be in a later pic. i have to admit, even though i feel like our house is being overrun with stuffies, they are really soft and squishy and snuggly. so....we were done escaping the yeti, no better time than to go hang with some dinosaurs. we were off to dinoland! first up was triceratop spin (or whatever it's called--"the dinosaur ride that's like dumbo" is what the girls say). standing on our number--i think we were in dinosaur 8 http://s1363.photobucket.com/user/S...3-4075-9543-14711904A8E1_zpsjikn8jgc.jpg.html here we go! http://s1363.photobucket.com/user/S...4-49A2-ACD6-76B62742114A_zpsi4il0ulk.jpg.html http://s1363.photobucket.com/user/S...9-4E24-87DE-F3FB76EFE04A_zpsbsuj8cx1.jpg.html waiting in line to go again! (do you think those eyes are looking tired? i do! oh yeah--there's some crying coming up!) http://s1363.photobucket.com/user/S...5-40E0-80DB-77B6552707F7_zpshcykclj7.jpg.html after we were done with the spinning dinosaurs, we decided to go on another dinosaur ride....dinosaur! we had skipped this last trip due to LONG lines, so i was excited to go again! http://s1363.photobucket.com/user/S...F-44D6-9F6F-22ABF3DE9083_zpsz0mrzvt3.jpg.html we had a fastpass for 3-4 and were a few minutes early, but they let us go right in. we waited in line for a little bit, but were in our time travel car soon enough. were we the only ones who thought it was funny to see mrs. huxtable during the movie? i'd totally forgotten that part! rich and i loved the ride and hannah thought it was pretty fun. madison was no fan. i took a quick picture of our ride photo....are we scarring our children for life by terrifying them on rides they don't want to go on? nahhh.... http://s1363.photobucket.com/user/S...8-4078-B15D-10244E934A3D_zpsrd04zjaj.jpg.html we went into the gift shop after this. we had told the girls they could use a snack credit to get a sucker and they both picked one out, but for some reason, hannah got attached to this huge book meant for kids way older than her and wouldn't put it down. eventually i had to pry it out of her hands and put it back. oh yes....we were that family rushing from the gift shop in tears. we sat down outside where i lost my cool, hannah sat in time out, madison kept asking for her sucker, and rich just stood there unsure of what he should do. we finally all calmed down and everybody had a good laugh when i stood up. we had just plopped down on the curb and i had unknowingly sat by a sprinkler head which leaked and made a wet spot on my tush. the girls found this hilarious and i was glad they were finally laughing again! we started walking back towards the middle of dinoland trying to decide what to do. we wanted to go on primeval whirl, but neither of the girls was tall enough. this lead to more tears, from madison this time. she had been convinced that she was going on that ride with daddy and when they wouldn't let her on, she broke down. luckily there was an open bench nearby and i hustled the girls over to sit and relax while rich rode. it said a 10 minute wait on standby but it must have been more like a walk on because rich was back soon. we decided to start heading towards the front of the park, but there was one more thing rich really wanted to do before we left. get a caricature of the family done. that was pretty fun....and it was a nice chance for us all to sit down some more! yay! i have to say, i wore bad shoes on this trip and they were the only ones i brought. if we were moving, i was ok, but standing in lines was torture for my feet and legs! i finally wised up and took a lot of ibuprofen the rest of the week, but those first two days were painful! proper footwear, people!! learn from my mistake! anyway, this was our family picture.... http://s1363.photobucket.com/user/S...7-44E3-B0F4-F9D42C936BD7_zpspcmhzb3r.jpg.html after that, we really did need to head out. we had another ADR to make it to. we stopped at the only other photopass photographer we saw that day, then grabbed some popcorn to snack on and went out to find a bus.....

So glad to know you can still do rider swap with the FP+!! I was wondering about that! My youngest ended up with the same puffy yeti!! She loooooves him! He sleeps next to her every night and she calls him her "jeti" lol!!!!!

So apparently I just randomly joined in halfway through your day and never went back to read the beginning...weird...so I just got caught up! and here are my comments: LOL!

Cute traveling dresses!!!

The room is so pretty!!!

Do you remember what the photo fancy shmancy app was? I'm planning to only use my phone on our next trip. It takes better pics than my point and shoot camera most of the time anyway...and my DSLR is too heavy to carry around a park all day! :P

I see 7 dwarfs in the legos..Snow is kissing Dopey's head and then the other 6 are in your second pic

Going to DTD on our first evening is my plan for this next trip. I'm glad to see it went well for you. Did you feel sad to not go to a park or was it fine and just a nice relaxing afternoon?

I love Hannah's tigger sweatshirt! :D

I love the way your caricature came out!

Funny that you say your feet were killing you becuase I was going to comment on how I liked your sneakers! haha

Love all the pics from 1900 Park Fare, I'm glad the girls enjoyed it!

Great first day, and glad that it was a successful do-over of AK!

I followed over from Imbri's report! I am loving yours! You are near us- we are Chicago.. and also VERY tired of the weather!!!

I got all caught up! I love the Royal Room & all those cute touches. Someday I will stay there!!!

We did T-Rex during our November trip- mostly because my middle DD is a HUGE Dino fan. We enjoyed it.

Loving your matching shirts as well- where did you get them? I havn't found matching shirts like that for a few years. Did Disney Store bring them back? I would love to get some for our Cruise in June....

1900 Park Faire holds some of my favorite memories of Disney. Actually, my all time favorite when my oldest DD was 3 & obsessed with Cinderella. Cinderella danced with her special in the middle of the room & it meant the world to my DD. I still tear up when I think of that moment! :lovestruc

It also has great interaction with Lady Tremaine and sisters.. along with that Strawberry Soup. YUM. :thumbsup2

Looking forward to following along to the rest of your trip!

day 3--the weather brought to you by the movie FROZEN

ok, so it wasn't really freezing, but it was pretty darn cold for florida! i don't remember what the temperature was that morning, but CMs and brazilian tour groups were dressed for a blizzard (hats, scarves, mittens, ear muffs, winter coats). i'm pretty sure it never got above 40 and there was a strong wind all day which didn't help. i had the girls dressed as little princesses today and rich was wearing a shirt that said "princess protection agency". i had all sorts of plans to get cute pictures of them in front of the castle together, but nobody saw the shirts since they were hidden under jackets all day. if i remember, i'll dress everybody again and a post a picture of the cuteness later!

so anyway, cold or not, we were headed to the MAGIC KINGDOM!! my favorite park!! we didn't have to wait long for a bus. i believe all the research i did said this was a great MK day and it seemed like everybody else was headed to hollywood studios. soon enough we hopped off the bus and hurried up to get through bag check. rich and the girls took the stroller and i went through with the bag. this was our first time with some disney rudeness. rich was behind several people trying to take bags through the clearly marked NO BAGS line. i got through bag check pretty quickly and was waiting in line to scan my magicband when a woman came up and cut in front of me. i didn't say anything because....disney! but, then she waves over her entire family (of 6?) and looks at me and says "let them in!" none of them could figure out how to work their magicbands and none of them were listening when the CM asked them to use all the scanners, not just the one. oh, i was getting annoyed, but again....disney! i let it go (maybe i sighed loudly, i mean, c'mon! i'm one person! you and your family can't go behind me?!? maybe i haven't let it go...), finally got through the line and met up with rich and the girls.

the girls were having a little dance party while they were waiting for me and looked too cute in their little skirts! we couldn't dance too long though....ADR! also, since we were in the park early, i wanted to get a picture in front of the castle with no people behind us!

isn't this the most beautiful sight first thing in the morning?!?

there were several photopass photographers out. i, of course, picked the worst one. all of our pictures from that morning are crooked. i accidentally deleted most of them when i was editing things, but no great loss. i wouldn't have used them anyway. it was disappointing when i saw them. here are the few i saved.

i wish rich would have taken that crazy hat off for two minutes...it shows up in later pictures on the girls....sigh! it was cold though!

i do love this picture!

after our photos, we headed over to Crystal Palace for breakfast. they weren't letting people in yet, so we were all standing outside. they had coffee and hot chocolate out--i became very addicted to disney hot chocolate on this trip. it just tastes so magically awesome there! they finally started calling people in and every time someone was called, we'd all cheer. i'm not sure if we were really excited for that family, happy that we were one reservation closer to getting out of the cold, or just trying to stay warm! it was fun, anyway.

we were called in and when we got to our table, this was waiting for us!

it's pretty cool to start your morning with confetti! it was on our table for my birthday. i saved some of it and glued it to the autograph photo mat we had! they also brought me a card signed by all the characters. it is really fun to celebrate your birthday at disney!!

they told us the characters wouldn't be out for a few minutes, so we made plates for the girls. this picture cracks me up. maddie will probably have something to say about me posting this when she's older. oh well....

here's the plate i made for myself. pooh's stuffed french toast is to die for! how i lived this long without trying that is beyond me!

finally some characters were out. first we saw eeyore. maddie likes him, but didn't want to get out of her chair.

hannah couldn't get enough hugs!

pooh visited next. maddie was up now!

pretty soon we saw tigger heading our way. he was very funny this morning. he's another of hannah's favorites and she couldn't get enough. he was very impressed with her tigger jacket!

maddie wouldn't get up again, so tigger kissed her head!

then he came in for an extreme close up!

more hugs and kisses!

at this time, the characters took a break and this came to our table! rich, the girls, and the waitress sang happy birthday and we all shared some cupcake!

did i mention how awesome a birthday at disney is? i mean, a cupcake for breakfast? yes, please!

the characters came back out and soon piglet was stopping by. i'm not sure why maddie wouldn't smile, but whatever....

eventually we paid our bill (used our dining plan and left a tip. those magic bands are just so easy, they bring the little scanner right to your table, easy peasey!), and headed out. we hurried over to our next stop.....a visit with tinkerbell!

day 3, part 2a

the last time we were at disney, i had promised the girls that we would meet tinkerbell. we must have watched a video of her meet and greet online a hundred times. little did i know that when we were there, we'd never see the wait time less than an hour, usually more. this morning however, we were in luck! we walked right over from crystal palace and got in the very short line for tink and periwinkle.

it's really cute in there, and out of the cold/heat! we waited in line maybe 10 minutes and then it was our turn! we were magically shrunk to fairy size and went in. tinkerbell and the girls talked about their tigers and the weather and how confusing it was that frost could keep things warm. the girls (and i!) really liked the whole scene in there. it's just so neat!

i don't really remember what they talked to periwinkle about, but i remember thinking she was better than tinkerbell. i do know that she talked to hannah about having to take care of your sister and how she always has to keep an eye on tinkerbell. pretty cute!

after we were "shrunk back up" (yes, i actually said that, in front of people, and rich laughed and laughed at me....:rolleyes: the girls knew what i meant!), we had another meet and greet to get to. we walked around the castle on a side path we've never taken before. we stopped for a minute to watch some of the move it, shake it, celebrate it party, then kept on moving. it was too cold to stand still for long! we stopped for a minute in the castle to look at all the mosaics--so pretty!!

and the girls and i peeked into BBB for a second. all the little princesses were so cute! finally, we made it our m&g with the fairy godmother! we've never met her before and the girls were kind of excited. she was sort of tucked away in a corner out of the wind. there was one family meeting with her and we were next! pixie dust? i think so because after we were done, a line was quickly forming.

she was so sweet and talked to the girls for a few minutes. she asked us where we were going next and we told her to see peter pan. she really is magical because she somehow knew that peter pan wouldn't be out until 11. we thanked her for the info, the girls got in a few more hugs and we headed over to the carousel.

had to stop for a picture on the way. i've never really looked at this fountain before, but it sure is pretty!

on the way, we, of course, had to stop and see if any of us was strong enough to pull the sword out of the stone.

nope, not today. we were just looking for a place to park the stroller, when we heard some music start and these guys came out. i don't remember their names, but it was something like the magical musical minstrels, lady someone and her father. they were looking for someone who was strong enough to pull the sword from the stone and be the hero of the day! we decided to stay and watch, since we'd never seen anyone pull the sword from the stone.

they said they needed someone strong! they said they needed somone brave! they said they needed....RICH! what?!? they got him up there and lady's father shook his hand, then joined hands with his daughter and started trying to marry them. hilarious!

then they asked rich his name. OH NO! lady's father was convinced that all socerer's are named rich and drew his sword! luckily, lady distracted him and all was better. they finally got rich to try pulling the sword. would he be the hero of the day? i wish i had a picture, i was taking a video instead. but...nope...not today.

next they picked this big guy to try. he was from oklahoma. OH NO! lady's father thought all people from oklahoma were, i believe, thieves of some sort and drew his sword again! poor lady has her hands full! luckily, she calmed him again and got oklahoma to try. no luck for him either. finally, she chose this tiny little girl from the crowd. she was also from oklahoma.....swords out again! she promised not to try to steal anything, so they let her give it a shot. when she tried, the sword came out! the look on her face was so cute! she couldn't believe it! it was such a cute little show and so funny that rich got picked to be in part of it--pixie dust again!

after that, the girls rode the carousel with rich.

there's that dang hat again

then we headed over to do the winnie the pooh ride. it was a walk on. i was glad we didn't have to wait long in the cold, but i was sort of bummed that we didn't get to play in the line for long. the line is awesome for this ride!

honey wall--this was so cool! no one around us knew you could touch it, and after we did, everybody crowded around it.

this ride is so cute! the girls really loved it!

after winnie the pooh, we went over to ride our absolute favorite ride....the tea cups!!! there was no line, and we couldn't park the stroller fast enough! in fact, i think hannah ran into the line ahead of us she was so excited. we maybe waited 2 minutes, and they were letting us on!

when our turn was over, we asked if we could ride again and they said yes! after that turn, rich and maddie were ready to get off, but hannah and i were having a blast! they said we could stay on AGAIN if we wanted! woohoo! MORE pixie dust! you know we rode again! we would have ridden more, but i didn't want to push our pixie dusted luck, so we got off and gathered up our stroller and started heading toward the castle.

Aww I can see Maddie's little outfit!! It IS so cute! And would have looked adorable in front of the castle. You're so nice. I probably would have made Caden take off his jacket for 1 fast picture. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter