First time going home during Christmas Season - too bad

Sorry to hear you were disappointed. My view is if I am going to pay for the package, it has to be someone I really want to see and know will be good. I saw Whoppi Goldberg 2 weeks ago, I enjoyed it. I had dinner at Via Napoli and got in line about an hour before.

On the last night of my trip (Dec 10), I was walking around Epcot and walked by the theater around 8:00. The standby line was pretty short, so I decided to jump in line, got a decent seat for standby. The narrator was Ana Gasteyer. To be honest, I had no idea who she was, I was googling while waiting for the show to start. She was good, I enjoy the music in the show and most narrators are good. I wouldn't have bought the package for someone I didn't know.

Sorry you did not enjoy the performance. Based on Twitter and Facebook feedback, many did enjoy it very much.

I have watched her give interviews recently and she sounded to me a like a very educated, well spoken young lady. I did not get the child like voice at all.

Last edited:
We saw her on Thurs. (12/17) and thought she was perfectly fine. This was our first CP and to me the point of the show is much more about the music than the narrator anyway. Just my opinion but her voice didn't strike me as child-like at all. Not sure why the animosity towards her?

No attack on the op, but with all I have to worry about in this thing we call life I truly give no thought to who is narrating CP. I watched it to hear the story of why we celebrate Christmas told not only by the narrator, but by the orchestra along with the choir and to see the beauty of the whole processional. For all I care Pee Wee Herman or Gilbert Gottfried could be the narrator and I'd still enjoy it...LOL. Ok, maybe not that far, but perhaps Chris Berman.

Saw America Ferrera's 12/17 performance as narrator at the 6:45 show. She did a wonderful job!

I had to go listen to her on Youtube to get a sense of who she is.

I found an intelligent, 31 year old woman with a wide variety of interests.

You just made me a fan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter